View from the Away End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Away End

Postby CuteMancs » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:14 am

There are lots of comments on the spuds pre match game thread, but I have picked just a few to get a flavour of their thinking. Much like every other blue I can’t shake the feeling that this will be another defeat to one (Son) goal. My heart tells me we are better than that at home. I am wearing so many layers for today’s game that I am starting to get dressed now and I am not leaving until 2pm! Three points please.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Simon Long
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Robert Jones
Assistant VAR: Darren Cann

Team Selection

Vicario

Porro Dier Davies Udogie

Sarr Bissouma Lo Celso

Kulusevski Son Gil

And the rest…

Playing the way we play with the players available I can't see anything but a convincing city win here.

Safe to say , this one doesn’t finish 0-0.

Honestly, football can go and fuck it self. We may as well all just be City, woolwich and Liverpool fans.

Can we bring Conte back on a one match contract for this?

Seriously though, we’re getting massacred here. Our style with our injuries vs this lot? Ange won’t change a thing (correctly) and they’re gonna relish punishing their old bogey side now the bogey side play a style which suits them.

All set up for the biggest arse fucking of the Ange era yet. And not the kind I might enjoy .

Sonny likes scoring against these fuckers…2-1 Spurs!

Watched the city v Leipzig game today. Had a bit of optimism in the first half for us but damn City are good. Very nervous for Sunday.

The problem this weekend is that Ange is a man of principal and won’t sacrifice his playing style - which plays right into City’s hands. We will attack them, we won’t sit deep and they will get oceans of space against us. Honestly it’s a good week to captain Haaland.

We have won 2 of the last 13 at their place. Not hopeful.

We might as well get this out the way, losing against City is not overly a terrible thing, we want them to finish above Woolwich and Liverpool don't we?

You could be full strength, deep block and counter attack football but City still good enough to put 4 or 5 on you. But they can also lose the odd game they shouldn’t.

I look forward to every game under Ange and this team. Because we aren't just going to sit there and let City go at us. We'll go for it and we'll play some great football. Thats what we all wanted right?

I think i will walk the dog tomorrow, and i don´t even have a dog!!

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Away End

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:39 am

Cheers CM

You could be full strength, deep block and counter attack football but City still good enough to put 4 or 5 on you. But they can also lose the odd game they shouldn’t.

There is a lot of truth in this

Will take any old win. Can’t let the gap get too big
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:19 am

For the underhand, rat-like actions of their chairman, I want us to put double figures past these fucking bastards.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:34 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:For the underhand, rat-like actions of their chairman, I want us to put double figures past these fucking bastards.

But he also did us a massive favour by not even taking the call when we were offering over £100m for Kane. Thankfully, because we wouldn’t have gone for Haaland.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:36 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:For the underhand, rat-like actions of their chairman, I want us to put double figures past these fucking bastards.

Don't you like them much?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:16 am

Not much, no. It is particularly perceptive of you to pick up on that. ;-)

Cue the media going on about how attacking they were when the reality is they whapped eleven men behind the ball and tried to counter, just like everyone else does. It is tedious and predictable.

Cheers, CM, as always.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Return to The Maine Football forum