Haaland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:48 pm

Put the effort showed vs Luton or do one to Madrid if that's anything more than media bs (which I suspect it is).
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:42 am

john@staustell wrote:Micah is a clown, end of. Keane tells it like it is.

When Haaland isn't scoring he's usually pretty dire. What's the issue?

Now last seasons ecstasy is over, not sure we are a better team with Haaland in. We certainly aren't the team we were

Spot on
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:15 am

Now last seasons ecstasy is over, not sure we are a better team with Haaland in. We certainly aren't the team we were

Haaland was in the team last season - he broke just about every goalscoring record there is and we won the treble. Perhaps the reason we aren't the same team we were is more to do with with those who are not in the team this season compared to last, rather than those who still are.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Indianablue » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:26 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Haaland was in the team last season - he broke just about every goalscoring record there is and we won the treble. Perhaps the reason we aren't the same team we were is more to do with with those who are not in the team this season compared to last, rather than those who still are.

We dont find him as well and he's not been good at looking for it. In addition his finishing hasn't been as sharp this season
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby stupot » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:33 am

Indianablue wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

We dont find him as well and he's not been good at looking for it. In addition his finishing hasn't been as sharp this season

As Bluemoon said he hasn't got the likes of Gundo and Mahrez this season plus Kev played most of last season and yet he's still top scorer in the league despite missing 2 months.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:49 am

Pretty much all the reasons for his "drop" in form have been outlined. KDB being out and Gundo going are the main factors plus he has has to sit out a chunk himself due to injury. We're a team in transition in that I don't think we are playing to our strengths overall and that's the biggest factor for me - settle that front 5 down in their proper positions in front of Rodders and the defence and we are back on it. There's the problem though isn't it? bernie largely plays within himself when KDB is fit and we cannot seem to get the best out of Alvarez and Foden in a set-up that includes Haaland and KDB
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:15 am

salford city wrote:Pretty much all the reasons for his "drop" in form have been outlined. KDB being out and Gundo going are the main factors plus he has has to sit out a chunk himself due to injury. We're a team in transition in that I don't think we are playing to our strengths overall and that's the biggest factor for me - settle that front 5 down in their proper positions in front of Rodders and the defence and we are back on it. There's the problem though isn't it? bernie largely plays within himself when KDB is fit and we cannot seem to get the best out of Alvarez and Foden in a set-up that includes Haaland and KDB

I’d add Mahrez to that as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:25 pm

salford city wrote:Pretty much all the reasons for his "drop" in form have been outlined. KDB being out and Gundo going are the main factors plus he has has to sit out a chunk himself due to injury. We're a team in transition in that I don't think we are playing to our strengths overall and that's the biggest factor for me - settle that front 5 down in their proper positions in front of Rodders and the defence and we are back on it. There's the problem though isn't it? bernie largely plays within himself when KDB is fit and we cannot seem to get the best out of Alvarez and Foden in a set-up that includes Haaland and KDB

Like last night we get countered, your right it’s a changing of the guard. Phil is unreal and to some degree carrying us when we have Alverez underused. Looking to Madrid we need to be smart and ruthless. Haaland was like an all you can eat buffet of the best quality last season. His injury and our drop in intensity it has us where us where we are. Still in with a shout of everything just about. A twist or two who knows!

The Palmer sale on top of losing Gundo and Mahrez. Mistake.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:40 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:

Like last night we get countered, your right it’s a changing of the guard. Phil is unreal and to some degree carrying us when we have Alverez underused. Looking to Madrid we need to be smart and ruthless. Haaland was like an all you can eat buffet of the best quality last season. His injury and our drop in intensity it has us where us where we are. Still in with a shout of everything just about. A twist or two who knows!

Agree, Palmer is a player, said it whilst with us. Don't get why he went but that's on him - hearing he's acored against his team so not a bad night so far
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:00 am

Never felt more like singing The Blues.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:02 am

salford city wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

Agree, Palmer is a player, said it whilst with us. Don't get why he went but that's on him - hearing he's acored against his team so not a bad night so far

I think his arrogance/confidence is his strength. Pep scores a 4/10 on this one for me! A simple your staying get over it would have been a better solution looking back now !! Particularly with the amount of creativity we were losing!
MIAMCFC

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:03 am

salford city wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

I think his arrogance/confidence is his strength. Pep scores a 4/10 on this one for me! A simple your staying get over it would have been a better solution looking back now !! Particularly with the amount of creativity we were losing!
MIAMCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:29 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Never felt more like singing The Blues.

made me smile :D
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Zezou » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:29 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
salford city wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:

It's a weird one that we let Palmer go to take a chance on Doku. I don't mind Doku and didn't see Palmer being this successful at chelse but I'm sure he demonstrated his ability in training whilst with us! It's clear they are levels apart right now..
And I agree with the guy above, pep could have just said you'll be playing, you're staying. I think that would have been enough.

Back on topic, I'm not worried about haaland one bit and think this blip/backlash will get him fired up and back on track.
Zezou

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:42 am

I just checked and in the 3 competitions we're left in, haaland is the top scorer in the prem, top scorer in the champions league and 1 goal off the top in the fa cup.

He's been out for two months, missed some sitters and had his main creator missing for 5 months.

That's pretty mental
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:35 pm

Akanji coming on?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:48 pm

Ortega more likely to score than haaland
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Indianablue » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:54 pm

Good to see Haaland get one against Palace, needs to keep space between himself and defenders, always seems to be chatting with them or trying to man handle them. Watching the Netflix series Together just shows you how brilliant he was last year when he worked for it and was fed the right ball. Seems a fair few teams have worked him out or at least better at keeping him quiet , so the pressure is on him to step it up.

I WANT MY WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:21 am

Original Dub wrote:I just checked and in the 3 competitions we're left in, haaland is the top scorer in the prem, top scorer in the champions league and 1 goal off the top in the fa cup.

He's been out for two months, missed some sitters and had his main creator missing for 5 months.

That's pretty mental

Sell him !!!!’ He’s clearly not doing it on all fronts in fact let’s cancel his contract. Haha
MIAMCFC

Postby Indianablue » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 pm

Another big game passes him by.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext