***Chelsea v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Chelsea v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:38 pm

A frantic, gracious game. Loved it if you’re a neutral and as Gobber says, the rights are up for grabs and the PL will ensure a good show to ensure every club gets a pay rise.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:38 pm

Can’t argue with the result. It was fair. We didn’t deserve to win.

The defence was so bad. All 4 of them, plus Rodri, having shockers. They made Sterling and Palmer look like Messi at times.

To score 4 away at Chelsea and not win is poor, and that’s on the defence.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby ruralblue » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:39 pm

Fantastic game of football. We deserved it but that's the way shit happens sometimes. Go into the Imternational break top of the pile!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:41 pm

Glad that's over. Would have taken the draw at HT the way we were defending.
A shocking day for the defence.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:41 pm

Akanji was the best of our defenders, Foden played well. That’s about it.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:43 pm

At the end of the day it could have been worse, great game for the neutral fan, not so much for us. I know injuries played a part, but lack of a regular back line is a factor also individual errors. Take the point still top of the league, not bad is it.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dub City » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:44 pm

How do they leave a man in the box space to take a touch in stoppage time in the box and get the penalty, should have been shut up shop and see the game out. Defensively the worst game I can remember. Mistakes all over for every goal, Stones very badly missed today and would worry about a similar performance in 2 weeks time
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:46 pm

Indianablue wrote:Settle for a point, very open game, too many mistakes at the back. Only complaint is Gallagher should have had a second yellow and walked.
How is Walker takung that last free kick. He can't fucking shoot into an open goal. Foden or Silva, Haaland ? Why the fuck Walker, stupid choice

Gallagher didn't get any yellows. Must have committed at least 6 fouls.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:52 pm

I blame Stones.

We seem to lose composure near the end of the games this season.
Very sloppy.

Did Sterling and Palmer celebrate?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:57 pm

Dias and Ajanji in the middle combo doesn't work, Ake can cover more effectively until Stones comes back.

I know Akanji fanbase will argue his case, we didn't concede against the rags with Stones and Dias in middle combo.

As a defensive unit, in big games, Akanji goes missing and I think this is why Dias becomes more irrational. Akanji lacks leadership and commandship of his area. He isn't great at playing Stones or Dias roles.

Had Stones or even Ake played in the middle instead, do you really think would have conceded 4??

I said this last season many times, Dias and Stones partnership is paramount to our success.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:00 pm

PeterParker wrote:I blame Stones.

We seem to lose composure near the end of the games this season.
Very sloppy.

Did Sterling and Palmer celebrate?

Yep

Palmer was a horrible little cunt all match
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:00 pm

Outcast wrote:Dias and Ajanji in the middle combo doesn't work, Ake can cover more effectively until Stones comes back.

I know Akanji fanbase will argue his case, we didn't concede against the rags with Stones and Dias in middle combo.

As a defensive unit, in big games, Akanji goes missing and I think this is why Dias becomes more irrational. Akanji lacks leadership and commandship of his area. He isn't great at playing Stones or Dias roles.

Had Stones or even Ake played in the middle instead, do you really think would have conceded 4??

I said this last season many times, Dias and Stones partnership is paramount to our success.

Akanji was in midfield today. We played three at the back. You can't blame Akanji for Dias being very poor today and recently.

Dias needs to rethink what he does. He gave the penalty away because he wasn't defending properly.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:02 pm

Outcast wrote:Dias and Ajanji in the middle combo doesn't work, Ake can cover more effectively until Stones comes back.

Well no other option with stones and ake injured. Akanji wasn't our worst defender today. Dias had a total nightmare, josko made too many mistakes. They were worse than Akanji who I agree is not a first choice CB.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:03 pm

Dub City wrote:How do they leave a man in the box space to take a touch in stoppage time in the box and get the penalty, should have been shut up shop and see the game out. Defensively the worst game I can remember. Mistakes all over for every goal, Stones very badly missed today and would worry about a similar performance in 2 weeks time

Dias is the organiser , it should not happen. He was poor today. Rodri was complacent in the first half , several passes were lucky not to be intercepted.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:10 pm

We are in a good position, but we are not there yet
The thing is Kovacic, Nunes and Philips are no Fern, Mahrez and Gundo and this is something that worries me in the long run.

I agree with Akanji. He is a fantastic squad player, but don’t want to see him in big games. Especially in the middle.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:10 pm

great game
really enjoyed it
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:12 pm

sheblue wrote:

Well no other option with stones and ake injured. Akanji wasn't our worst defender today. Dias had a total nightmare, josko made too many mistakes. They were worse than Akanji who I agree is not a first choice CB.

He'll play him every game if he could even when Stones and Ake are fit, he dropped Walker for him and nearly cost us the final.
Outcast

Postby branny » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:14 pm

zuricity wrote:
Dub City wrote:How do they leave a man in the box space to take a touch in stoppage time in the box and get the penalty, should have been shut up shop and see the game out. Defensively the worst game I can remember. Mistakes all over for every goal, Stones very badly missed today and would worry about a similar performance in 2 weeks time

Dias is the organiser , it should not happen. He was poor today. Rodri was complacent in the first half , several passes were lucky not to be intercepted.

Dias needs a rocket after that. If he's switched on , three of those goals don't happen. Loses the ball for the second and doesn't make enough effort to get back goalside before the error by Gvardiol. If he stays on his feet for the third he clears the ball and rash tackle for the penalty. Most unlike him.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:17 pm

zuricity wrote:

Akanji was in midfield today. We played three at the back. You can't blame Akanji for Dias being very poor today and recently.

Dias needs to rethink what he does. He gave the penalty away because he wasn't defending properly.

I know you're Akanji fanboy and he can do no wrong in your eyes.
Dias can carry us, Akanji can't, that's the difference. Dias had a stinker, you could say bad form, all top defenders go through that. He'll come good, hopefully Stones can stay fit and Akanji can be gap filler
Outcast

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Outcast wrote:
sheblue wrote:

He'll play him every game if he could even when Stones and Ake are fit, he dropped Walker for him and nearly cost us the final.

It seems you have a thing about Akanji. Did he make a mistake today ?. He even popped up and scored a great goal , a header.

Whereas Rodri gave the ball away three times in the first 10 minutes and Dias was all over the place. Again , Akanji played the Stones role today and wasn't at all bad at it. Pep pulled Doku because he was too selfish when he could have passed the ball. Although Doku didn't have a bad game. WE could and should have had at least six goals today.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum