View from the Swamp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Swamp

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:28 pm

First of all, sorry about last week, I wasn’t feeling brilliant. I have just been through seven pages and I think there are only two positive comments! The rags are hurting, and it’s just a thing of beauty. As always, I will be happy with three points but this week, I want nothing more than a battering.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Neil Davies, Scott Ledger
Fourth official: Craig Pawson
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt

Team Selection

Onana
Dalot Varane Maguire Reguillon
Casemiro Amrabat
Antony Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

And the rest…

We're going to get buggered.

We usually have our embarrassing defeats in the month of October so this being played in October again makes me worried.

Training session for city on Sunday.

Cricket score.

Counter attacking our only hope really. Our attack has so little confidence at moment.

Thank feck it's at home atleast. 0-4 City.

Rashford and Bruno play, it’s over.

Never been so pessimistic about a fixture. We’re dog turd.

I don’t fear a hammering this weekend, but I fear City going a goal up and then just sitting back, allowing us the ball in our own half, but us being completely unable to lay a glove on them.

If City score a couple early we're fecked. This sorry shower of a team will mentally collapse

If we get battered so, the bald man must go.

Time for ETH to show this apparent genius and find a way to make a game out of this. Worse teams have given them a game this season. They've not been amazing so far. They should still beat us easily but you never know. Based on current form though I wouldn't fancy playing Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, Villa, Spurs or Brighton. Let alone City.

I wouldn't be surprised if we turned the Berties over on Sunday. That's how fecked up we are at the moment.

Sometimes Pep/City seem to take pity on us rather than going for the jugular - hopefully it'll be one of those days.

For some inexblicable reason, I think we will win this and Højlund will have an excellent game!

I'd rather get smashed by City and thrash Fulham. The other way around would just end up helping Liverpool and Arsenal. Of course, would be nice to win both, but that's not our world anymore.

Newcastles Michael Oliver is on VAR so thats us probably getting nothing from them this weekend.

Hojlund hattrick incoming. Shame City will score five.

City are their usual, early season fare... not really flying, but getting results. I think this may be tough for us. If he changes up the team, some new energy, we could, could surprise them. But I don't think ETH will do that.

10 years of playing second fiddle to City. I’m sick of it tbh.
Dreading the game.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Swamp

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:38 pm

Cheers CM

We usually have our embarrassing defeats in the month of October so this being played in October again makes me worried.

Wasn’t the 6-1 in October?
Last edited by Harry Dowd scored on Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:39 pm

Cheers CM

10 years of playing second fiddle to City. I’m sick of it tbh.
Dreading the game

This last comment sums up the rags rather succinctly
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:03 pm

Cheers CM

Hoiland to get a hattrick? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And they introduced him as the new better Haaland in the press, cunt hasn't scored one goal for the scum....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Scatman » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:18 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Cheers CM

Hoiland to get a hattrick? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And they introduced him as the new better Haaland in the press, cunt hasn't scored one goal for the scum....

Strange recruitment strategy to buy a player whose surname sounds like Haaland and expect him to be a decent striker.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum