City/Pep type of players that are elsewhere

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City/Pep type of players that are elsewhere

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:44 am

Outcast wrote:
Sorry mate, you sound a tad bitter. He did go public against Bayren Munich, if I recall correctly something to do with referees favouring them. He only wanted to Join Real, even the vermins thought they had him. Its just media coming out with all kind of crap to discredit us, he hasn't bad mouthed us publicly as far as I know, in fact he's a big Pep fan. Whether you like it or not, Real are still the biggest draw, we're second with Pep at the helm. Yes he's bit of a cock, I wish he was our arrogant cock to be honest, we could have done with his leadership in Rodders absence.

How can Real be the biggest draw when Haaland turned them down last season and Mbappe has left them on strings for about 3 season now - to the point he signed a new deal with PSG rather than go there.

Tabas was kicking off crying that they couldn’t attract their targets the other year - and blaming us for it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:05 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Sorry mate, you sound a tad bitter. He did go public against Bayren Munich, if I recall correctly something to do with referees favouring them. He only wanted to Join Real, even the vermins thought they had him. Its just media coming out with all kind of crap to discredit us, he hasn't bad mouthed us publicly as far as I know, in fact he's a big Pep fan. Whether you like it or not, Real are still the biggest draw, we're second with Pep at the helm. Yes he's bit of a cock, I wish he was our arrogant cock to be honest, we could have done with his leadership in Rodders absence.

How can Real be the biggest draw when Haaland turned them down last season and Mbappe has left them on strings for about 3 season now - to the point he signed a new deal with PSG rather than go there.

Tabas was kicking off crying that they couldn’t attract their targets the other year - and blaming us for it.

Rice turned us down, no? Bellingham turned us down, no? Apparently Mc Allister turned us down for vermins? We dont know if its media bullshit or some truth behind it. I'll stand corrected, I don't think Real went for Haaland, their no1 target was Mbappe, money turned his head as suppose footballing reasons.
You can make a case, I still don't think we're there yet speaking without my blue tinted glasses.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:14 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Rice turned us down, no? Bellingham turned us down, no? Apparently Mc Allister turned us down for vermins? We dont know if its media bullshit or some truth behind it. I'll stand corrected, I don't think Real went for Haaland, their no1 target was Mbappe, money turned his head as suppose footballing reasons.
You can make a case, I still don't think we're there yet speaking without my blue tinted glasses.

Who said Mcallister turned us down? :lol: Give your head a wobble mate, you can’t just make things up.

We went to £90m for Rice and Arsenal paid more. Doesn’t sound like he turned us down.

Bellingham is the only example of a player turning City down for Real in recent years.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:30 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Who said Mcallister turned us down? :lol: Give your head a wobble mate, you can’t just make things up.

We went to £90m for Rice and Arsenal paid more. Doesn’t sound like he turned us down.

Bellingham is the only example of a player turning City down for Real in recent years.

I had wet dreams, must be some kind of fetish fantasy, I made it up getting out of bed drooling. Or maybe just maybe it might have been some vermin fantasised reported it last month (Google chrome).

Didn't Van dick rejects us too? Again, whether it's true or bullshit, you'll have to take it up with the media before you bite my head off.

I really can't comfortably say we're number one draw, not yet, we're not far off and I'm sure some will disagree. That's just my honest opinion.
Outcast

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Nope on VVD. In the Amazon doc for City they say we didn’t think he was worth £75m
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:13 am

I don't recall Rice turning us down. I'm not sure how much we really wanted him, but from most reports it seems we offered 90m, whereas Arsenal paid 105m, so he was always going to Arsenal.

Regarding Haaland, he literally had all of the top clubs chasing him. If you haven't seen it, watch the documentary Haaland: The Big Decision. They go into real detail about how he chose his next club after Dortmund (choosing us over Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool).
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:28 am

aaron bond wrote:I don't recall Rice turning us down. I'm not sure how much we really wanted him, but from most reports it seems we offered 90m, whereas Arsenal paid 105m, so he was always going to Arsenal.

Regarding Haaland, he literally had all of the top clubs chasing him. If you haven't seen it, watch the documentary Haaland: The Big Decision. They go into real detail about how he chose his next club after Dortmund (choosing us over Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool).

Where is that available to watch?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:55 am

Valverde is another Pep player who is miles better than Nunez or Phillips or Kovacic

Again, possibly unobtainable and has now this week signed a contract extension
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:Valverde is another Pep player who is miles better than Nunez or Phillips or Kovacic

Nunes, kova and Phillips cost over £120m

I'd rather have Valverde for that than these three, I'm sure Real would have been tempted to sell for over 100m
Outcast

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:40 pm

Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Valverde is another Pep player who is miles better than Nunez or Phillips or Kovacic

Nunes, kova and Phillips cost over £120m

I'd rather have Valverde for that than these three, I'm sure Real would have been tempted to sell for over 100m

When you look at those 3 and what thry cost it really is eye watering. Its quantity over quality. And I'm sure we have a young lad, someone like a Doyle, to be a squad player like Phillips is

Hindsight is great of course. But Valverde just looks a class act
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:41 pm

The two Liverpool midfielders that they brought in over the summer for next to fuck all seem to be Pep types.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Mase wrote:The two Liverpool midfielders that they brought in over the summer for next to fuck all seem to be Pep types.

The Hungarian very much so. Very impressed with what I've seen so far. Always looking to pass forward and not afraid to shoot, which are two attributes I like in a midfielder

Not so much with Mac Allister. Seems a little slow for me, mistimes more than his share of tackles
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:22 am

who needs 'em :lol: Image
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:59 am

Never in my life seen Walker play as a right winger. In general his delivery into the box is usually poor, so hopefully we never need to!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:38 pm

^ We still haven't got a decent left back I see
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:16 pm

That graphic suggests Phillips is 8th choice defensive midfielder...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:47 pm

sheblue wrote:That graphic suggests Phillips is 8th choice defensive midfielder...

About right
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:08 pm

Not sure what hindsight we needed...Valverde was class last year and Doyle was better than kalvin last yearm
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:45 am

Nick wrote:Not sure what hindsight we needed...Valverde was class last year and Doyle was better than kalvin last yearm

On that McAtee or Doyle would offer more than That Philips. They both know the drills they would be more than a mascot. I hate to say it but how Kalvin is getting picked for England needs explanation.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum