View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:26 am

Back to PL business and the home fans are not optimistic at all. I hated the way they played at our place last year, I seem to remember it was a horrible, negative style. Cant see us getting beat two games on the run, but I don’t think it will be the battering these comments suggest. Three points please.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Darren Cann, Marc Perry
Fourth official: Tim Robinson
VAR: Robert Jones
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies

Team Selection

Sa

Semedo
Dawson
Kilman
Gomes
RAN

Gomes
Lemina

Channy
Cunha
Neto

And the rest…

5 at the back.
Hodge in midfield
Cunha as the target man…Injured: Haaland. Bruised foot, caused by repetitive shooting during a game.

This could, and probably will, get very ugly. They're going to absolutely batter us.

In terms of this game I don’t think it’ll get too ugly as city can’t be arsed once they get a couple. They tend to just shut the game down completely, after the red against Forest they just sat back and took the 2-0.

Pep is moaning that they can't fly back from Newcastle tonight. Ruining his training plans ahead of beating us.

If they all walked back from Newcastle they'd still beat us.

I hope Wolves are watching how to score against City.

God help us.

I hope it's not another Palace, Bournemouth, or Sheff U, I think it will be. I see a good 8!or 9

Nunes will get the reception he deserves, the less than subtle deflection tactics coming out of the club this morning aren't particularly classy. However the question was framed a none committal 'we expect our wonderful fans to get behind us as they always do' standard answer would be easy to trot out

Less than 24 hours to a game against one of the best teams to ever play in the PL and there are seats available everywhere.

A tough test awaits, but that is the nature of the Premier League. After struggles against Luton Town and Ipswich Town, it would be typical of Wolves to win today. Unlikely, but nothing is impossible.

Ive got a feeling we will put up a good fight today and play well at times, threatening City, yet the final outcome will still be the inevitable.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:28 am

Cheers CM

My fav

Also liked

Less than 24 hours to a game against one of the best teams to ever play in the PL and there are seats available everywhere.

Any old win will do
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: View from the Home End

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:44 am

nottsblue wrote:Cheers CM

My fav

Also liked

Any old win will do

“One of the best”?! I wonder which team he thinks is better. Delusion to think any team is better than this City team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum