***Newcastle v Treble winners EFL Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Newcastle v Treble winners EFL Official Match Thread*

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:phillips dogshit as per…no surprises there. more disappointed in grealish tbh. hasnt progressed one iota this season or really since he arrived.

Yet he will always have his apologists
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:00 pm

Not surprised and not really arsed. Three big away games coming at Wolves, Leipzig and Arsenal. I hope Bernie is available soon.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Woodyblue » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Can’t really say I’m not bothered because I hate losing but got to say that we were awful tonight especially second half fucking tippy tappy football sideways and backwards all through the last half no urgency whatsoever
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Kalvin has to grow a pair. To safe no aggression no desire to grab his chance. This is City mate wake the fuck up.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Wait what's kalvins stat.. only played like 4 times and lost 3 of them ? Fuck me!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zuricity » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:phillips dogshit as per…no surprises there. more disappointed in grealish tbh. hasnt progressed one iota this season or really since he arrived.

I think Jack went way over the top drinking like an idiot after the treble. It wouldn't surprise me if he's gone after this season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Outcast » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:07 pm

Stop blaming everyone but ourselves.
We've been shit, pass sideways, too many touches.

- Akanji, can't lead like Dias or bring the ball like Stones
- Gomez- feel like punching him, don't know why
- Phillips, can't tackle, can't go forward, can't control his area, shit scared to make mistakes. He isn't fit to shoe shine Roderi's boots
- Bob, kid is talented, should have attacked their goal more than trying to be neat with touches that went nowhere
- Grealish, just slowed us down, shit going forward, shit at defending, looked like a homeless pisshead

It's just been a shit show all round
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:07 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think Jack went way over the top drinking like an idiot after the treble. It wouldn't surprise me if he's gone after this season.

It looked like he had just come off a bender with today's performance.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:08 pm

Meh, I'm over it already.

They had a tactic second half and it involved time wasting and strop starting the game.

We had no end product and we would have had to go all guns blazing (most likely with nore injuries) if we were to get anything.
Especially with none of the new time waisting rules being applied.

On to wolves.

I'll have a double treble for main and a four in a row for desert please
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It looked like he had just come off a bender with today's performance.

Yeah, pants.

Doku has got to start in the big games. And on the fucking left please
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sniffer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:09 pm

Phillips poor granted but Grealish terrible, created nothing, never took on the fullback. He cost us in the region of 100 mil
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:14 pm

sniffer wrote:Phillips poor granted but Grealish terrible, created nothing, never took on the fullback. He cost us in the region of 100 mil

Only saw second half, and while Phillips didn't set the world on fire, I didn't think he did worse than Kova or Nunes. Our biggest problem in the second half was creativity up front. Playing Bobb as a nine is a bit of a stretch. And as much as I love Rico Lewis, he still looks like a kid our there.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:20 pm

Pep wasn't arsed played most of the 2nd half with nobody upfront, left erl on the bench.
Not too bothered.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:20 pm

branny wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Not that arsed losing this tbh.

Would rather go out 1-0 tonight than end up with a fixture pile up with the World Club Cup coming in December.

More important game is Wolves away at weekend.

Kids have got some game time.

Concerning we have to rely on Philips next couple of games. who shouldn't even be on the Bench.Hate singling players out but he is awful.He runs around like he has a Washing Machine strapped on his back.So slow,creates nothing. Rodri going to be a big,big miss.for us.Utterly shite player.

This. Had we made the last 8, the qf is played the week that the first team squad are in Saudi for the WCC so chances are we'd have been up against a decent team with 11 kids on the pitch. Bigger fish so to speak.
Totally agree.

Going out of this competition last year worked out really well for us historic Treble winners..

We dont have the squad depth to compete on all fronts effectively.This Cup is the best one to Bin,i think Pep decided this one had to go tonight.

People might be a bit upset,it is what it is.

Club World Cup is way more prestigious than the Carabao.

Got a feeling this was Philips last start for us tonight.I dont see him starting against Wolves or Arsenal..We literally need to be 3 goal;s up to ever feel comfortable bringing him on.Hearing he is not fit.That is the problem with him Lazy.Even when match fit he is over weight.There was a point tonight where he just stood there watching players near him totally unmarked.Played himself out of a start at weekend for sure.We have Academy products much better than he is.

We need to formulate an effective plan to cover for Rodri in the next 2 games.If we decided on like for like replacement with Philips for Rodri highly unlikely me thinks.We could be on to another defeat or two.

Thought Bob played well.Just chose the one pass too many option at the end of some good play around the Box.Confidence will come with time for the Lad..
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:25 pm

Not being bitter about the result or anything. But if I was manager Grealish, Gomez and Philips would be gone.
Plain and simple the 3 of them are just not good enough.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nick » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:25 pm

Grealish and kalvin really are on shaky grounds

And I'd be buying an attacking threat / third striker in Jan. We've dropped the squad down a level all in all and reduced the goals.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:26 pm

Forgot to add.

That Sky commentary was something else wasn't it ?.

You would have thought Newcastle United were Salford City taking on Real Madrid.

I know they have to polish what in reality is a Turd of a Competition to make it edible for human consumption.They went way beyond that with the Brown nosing superlatives on Tap to big up beating a City second string.That really didn't want to progress.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:37 pm

This.

The commentary was absolutely hilarious.
Plucky David vs goliath
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby just sayin » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:39 pm

Can't say I am surprised about the result tonight if I am honest.
Phillips predictably, failed to capitalise on his big opportunity to impress and it came as no surprise that he collected his 'customary' yellow card ( God help us when we play at the Emirates! )
Also....once again I was dissappointed with Grealish as he appears to have reverted back to playing again like his1st season with us. The big plus in the match for me was Oscar Bobb who showed us all what a talent he is. I just hope Pep can give him more opportunities and the chance to integrate himself into the team.
Although none of us ever like to see City lose, I bet Pep is quietly happy travelling back on the coach that we now have one less distraction as we crack on with the rest of the season.
just sayin
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: Phil Foden

Postby Indianablue » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:28 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Totally controlled the first half with our reserves. They put their first team on at half time and score. We put a couple of first teamers on and controlled the game from then on. Considering our injuries, the fixture pile ups the carabao would cause us this year, I'm not down or annoyed and thought we played alright.

Alternatively their reserves let us have the ball and let us kick it around for 45 mins and then nearly did us on a break. They came out with a couple of changes after they'd had a coffee and decided they owed their crowd a bit better performance. Realising we didn't like it when we were actually tackled, this is what they did and we started to look nervy. They then danced past our dfence and slotted one in. All the best chances fell to Newcastle and most were as a result of mistakes giving them possession. Despite a couple of subs, we take off our only forward Alvarez and Ake who rarely put a foot wrong. DOKU and Nunes should have played from the start. When they came on we looked better and actually created something but never a solid chance. Newcastle beat us fair and square and we didn't stress them one iota. 'Controlling the game' is the square root of the most meaningless fuckingstatement. Possession has to produce goal attempts. I feel sorry for the poor cunts that travelled to watch that dross. PEP wasn't interested in this game. It showed with his selections and subs. Tonight we controlled fuck all, we showed others how to beat us
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum