***Newcastle v Treble winners EFL Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Newcastle v Treble winners EFL Official Match Thread*

Postby Indianablue » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:34 pm

Outcast wrote:Stop blaming everyone but ourselves.
We've been shit, pass sideways, too many touches.

- Akanji, can't lead like Dias or bring the ball like Stones
- Gomez- feel like punching him, don't know why
- Phillips, can't tackle, can't go forward, can't control his area, shit scared to make mistakes. He isn't fit to shoe shine Roderi's boots
- Bob, kid is talented, should have attacked their goal more than trying to be neat with touches that went nowhere
- Grealish, just slowed us down, shit going forward, shit at defending, looked like a homeless pisshead

It's just been a shit show all round

100%
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:04 am

It's hard to consider last night a football game. It was more of a pinball game, plus with the help of that cunt in charge.

But, let's be honest, we were really, really poor. Except Ortega who was his usual self and maybe Akanji, the rest were terrible.Gomez and Rico have heart, but I don't think they are City material, no matter how much we want that. Bobb has something of Mahrez's touch, but was quite ineffective.

Now, Phillips. What more can you say? Imho, in three months, we need to get rid at any cost. Absolutely terrible, terrible player.

I think our board's main job this year regarding our transfer strategy is to find an orchestrator, because no one who played last night can do that. We had 13 years of Dave and Kevin and we need someone like that, however, as I mentioned, I feel football is missing players like that. Identify that player and sign him at any cost.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:04 am

See they got the rags away in the next round. A record 12th consecutive home draw where the highest placed side in that time was 8th who were West Ham
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:19 am

PeterParker wrote:It's hard to consider last night a football game. It was more of a pinball game, plus with the help of that cunt in charge.

But, let's be honest, we were really, really poor. Except Ortega who was his usual self and maybe Akanji, the rest were terrible.Gomez and Rico have heart, but I don't think they are City material, no matter how much we want that. Bobb has something of Mahrez's touch, but was quite ineffective.

Now, Phillips. What more can you say? Imho, in three months, we need to get rid at any cost. Absolutely terrible, terrible player.

I think our board's main job this year regarding our transfer strategy is to find an orchestrator, because no one who played last night can do that. We had 13 years of Dave and Kevin and we need someone like that, however, as I mentioned, I feel football is missing players like that. Identify that player and sign him at any cost.

I disagree, Rico will make it, got all the right attributes to make it with us
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:41 am

Outcast wrote:
PeterParker wrote:It's hard to consider last night a football game. It was more of a pinball game, plus with the help of that cunt in charge.

Fingers crossed, I hope he will, but there are times when he looks like a deer into the headlights.
I love him, he seems such a nice kid.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:59 am

PeterParker wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Fingers crossed, I hope he will, but there are times when he looks like a deer into the headlights.
I love him, he seems such a nice kid.

The leadership at back led by Akanji was poor, the midfield led by Phillips was crap. He'd learn a lot more if Dias was at the back or Rodders in the middle. He's only a kid, he'll get better, that will come with game time, he's got the fundimentals to be a Pep player. Where as Phillips and Gomez just don't look comfortable on the ball, indecisive, lack of self assurance, struggle in tight pockets.
Outcast

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:01 am

The players that were given opportunities last night can’t moan when they’re hardly playing this season. This was their chance and most failed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:06 am

On the positive side, Doku looks like he’s going to be a real asset. I was at his debut where I think he was trying too hard to impress. Since then he’s been solid and will only get better under Pep.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:19 am

I'm starting to have sympathy with those who think Gomez gets in the team - or indeed is still at the club at all - only because Pep's brother is his agent. The situation with Phillips is harder to explain, even the blind Pugh knows he can't cover for Rodri and yet there he is again giving the ball and the game away.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:37 am

sheblue wrote:Not being bitter about the result or anything. But if I was manager Grealish, Gomez and Philips would be gone.
Plain and simple the 3 of them are just not good enough.

Digging Jack out is simply ridiculous. He's a world class talent just coming back after injury who was a key part of us winning the treble.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stupot » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:02 am

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:Not being bitter about the result or anything. But if I was manager Grealish, Gomez and Philips would be gone.

Digging Jack out is simply ridiculous. He's a world class talent just coming back after injury who was a key part of us winning the treble.

Exactly- he had a poor game last night but the over reaction on here is unbelievable. From after the WC to the end of the season he was fantastic including against BM and RM where ball retention was ultra important but so was defending from the front and running at them consistently which he did to great effect.
Phillips was shocking, I'd play Kova and Nunes in Rodri's absence. I've seen people praising Akanji last night, i thought he kept putting us in trouble and his passing was short. Only people exempt from criticism for me were Gvardial, Ortega, Bobb and Lewis except for the goal with Rico and final decision making with Oscar sometimes. No goal threat at all unfortunately last night, i thought Alvarez was poor as well.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:08 am

Too many players were 6/10 or less

And you don’t win many games when that’s the case
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:52 am

stupot wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Exactly- he had a poor game last night but the over reaction on here is unbelievable. From after the WC to the end of the season he was fantastic including against BM and RM where ball retention was ultra important but so was defending from the front and running at them consistently which he did to great effect.
Phillips was shocking, I'd play Kova and Nunes in Rodri's absence. I've seen people praising Akanji last night, i thought he kept putting us in trouble and his passing was short. Only people exempt from criticism for me were Gvardial, Ortega, Bobb and Lewis except for the goal with Rico and final decision making with Oscar sometimes. No goal threat at all unfortunately last night, i thought Alvarez was poor as well.

Gvardial and Dias should be the centre back pairing until Stones comes back from injury and into form, Ake left back and Walker right back. That's your back 4 sorted, no tinkering. We expect a lot more from Grealish by the standards he set last season, hence he's copping some flak. Where as Phillips and Gomez, you know they won't get better, you just can't make a case for them, they really get on your nerves.
Outcast

Postby stupot » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:01 am

Agree with all of that.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:19 am

johnny crossan wrote:

Ah yes all those assists and goals in double figures, I must have forgotten.
He never was good enough and never will be.
The three of them can go.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:20 am

The simple tactical truth about this game is that at half time the barcodes woke up to our lack of a long ball option without Haaland and went for the full press - & beat us comprehensively.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:27 am

I think the only positive is Ortega.

I really think he is one of the best keepers in England and the best German Keeper of the moment. He really helped Eddie to step up his game as a shot stopper.
Hopefully we will tell Bayern to fuck off when they come sniffing around.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby stupot » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:42 am

sheblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

5 goals, 7 assists in the PL last season.
Bernardo got 4 goals, 5 assists.
Let him go as well.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:21 am

We were missing de Bruyne Rodri and Bernardo from the midfield. Any team would suffer from that. Plus Dias at the back and Haaland up front. Grealish was poor last night but just coming back from injury so he should get a bit of slack. If we win our fourth PL title in a row OR our second CL in a row it will be a terrific achievement. I’m really not that bothered about the Carabao Cup. Leave that to mid table sides like the rags.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:48 am

stupot wrote:
sheblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

5 goals, 7 assists in the PL last season.
Bernardo got 4 goals, 5 assists.
Let him go as well.

Bernardo probably got 25 assists to the assists .
Let’s not compare oranges and apples , Bernardo is 10 times the player Grealish is .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum