*** Hammers v Man City official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Hammers v Man City official match thread***

Postby stupot » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:43 am

As someone previously said there's a lot of similarities with Doku and Sterling. He'll get lots of goals, lots of assists and drive us mad loads with his 1st touch and giving the ball away. This him v Jack argument is crazy as to do what we've done we need a squad not just a team. They'll both get plenty of games.
If Jack played Saturday we don't score our 1st but we don't concede either.
Also although i'd love Jack to score more he got a few goals in big games like Arsenal, dippers and rags.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:51 am

MIAMCFC wrote:Jack still developing Doku running from a central role in the future could be brilliant. I’ve always seen wingers as hot and cold. Exciting times

Still developing at 28! That's a stretch. But I agree Jack would be better suited more central, for me he doesn't produce enough from the left. The conundrum is Alvarez has more threat central and is the better option at the moment so when Jack comes back, when played, it will be still on the left.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:03 am

sheblue wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:Jack still developing Doku running from a central role in the future could be brilliant. I’ve always seen wingers as hot and cold. Exciting times

Still developing at 28! That's a stretch. But I agree Jack would be better suited more central, for me he doesn't produce enough from the left. The conundrum is Alvarez has more threat central and is the better option at the moment so when Jack comes back, when played, it will be still on the left.

Agree - Jack is in Pep's first choice team to play on the left
EDERSON
WALKER STONES DIAS GVARDIOL
DE BRUYNE RODRI BERNARDO
FODEN HAALAND GREALISH

ORTEGA
LEWIS AKANJI AKÉ GÓMEZ
KOVAČIĆ PHILLIPS NUNES
BOBB ALVAREZ DOKU
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:43 am

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Agree - Jack is in Pep's first choice team to play on the left
EDERSON
WALKER STONES DIAS GVARDIOL
DE BRUYNE RODRI BERNARDO
FODEN HAALAND GREALISH

ORTEGA
LEWIS AKANJI AKÉ GÓMEZ
KOVAČIĆ PHILLIPS NUNES
BOBB ALVAREZ DOKU

What a squad we've got! That 2nd team could finish top 4 in the prem. Happy days, blues!!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:17 pm

sheblue wrote:

Yes developing under Pep. Stones !!!! Jacks game is nothing like his city first season or his decade at Villa. Think David Villa he came as a superstar from a brilliant Valencia same with Henry. Forget what you’ve done.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby PeterParker » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:15 pm

stupot wrote:As someone previously said there's a lot of similarities with Doku and Sterling. He'll get lots of goals, lots of assists and drive us mad loads with his 1st touch and giving the ball away. This him v Jack argument is crazy as to do what we've done we need a squad not just a team. They'll both get plenty of games.
If Jack played Saturday we don't score our 1st but we don't concede either.
Also although i'd love Jack to score more he got a few goals in big games like Arsenal, dippers and rags.

Grealish is becoming quite a terror to play against, but in a different way. He loves to wind up opponents (see Savic, Carvahal), very Gazza-ish.
We missed someone like that, we were too nice, imho, and finally this years he showed what he was brought in.

Doku is still a mistery. Don't want to put a "=" between him and Sterling because I think they are different. The Count seems to know what to do when he has a defender in front of him. Not convinced yet, he is a weird one for me, but let's see.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:54 pm

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum