View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:32 am

I am not going to start this with a rant, but 8pm on a Saturday night is a crappy time for a football game. Manchester City Centre will be chaos tonight. Having said that, I am excited to be back at home again. The Magpies are very confident, and understandably so. Whatever happens in the second game of the season doesn’t bother me too much, but if we can come way with points tonight, I will be thrilled.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Adrian Holmes
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Jarred Gillett
Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart

Team Selection

Barnes Isak Gordon
Joelinton Bruno Tonali
Burn Botman Schar Trippier
Pope

And the rest…

The future champs visit the current champs at the Etihad.

Can see us being given a bit of a reality check 3 1 loss.

Going for a 2-1 win with Barnes and Gordon scoring for us. Foden to score for them.

I watched the match on Friday and from the way city played yes it will not be an easy match but I didn't see anything that would concern me, it will be a benchmark game though as will Liverpool be in the following match, I certainly think given yesterdays performance that we can beat them.

No KDB and Gundogan and Mahrez gone, we might have a squeek.

I actually think we can win this.

We've lost the last 14 games away at City. So clearly that run is about to end.

Would love to think we'd win, but I reckon it might be a 2-2 draw, or a narrow defeat.
If the latter, I'll have a little cheeky bet on the league.

Once Pep ****s off we will dominate. Imagine the media when we are winning the league every season.

Seriously Newcastle are going to blow them away Tomorrow.

After today, a score draw seems a realistic prospect. But wouldn't be disappointed with a loss so long as we fucking crucify Liverpool and that contemptible, bullying wanker Klopp afterwards.

Get it right round these corrupt fuckers.

We can catch these fckers out with some midfield wizrdry!

The problem is that we thrive on organised chaos and our general intensity. City suck that out of the game, they're just superb at what they do.

Genuinely excited at the prospect of playing these at their place for the first time since their money rolled in.

Tbh win this and we could be on for the league .

One thing you do know about Pep is that he'll give us the respect we deserve. None of the pathetic whining and bitching that you hear from the likes of Klopp or Ten Hag.

Is crazy to be away to Man City and actually feel excited for the game. We may still lose but as people have said just the fact we have any belief we can now go there and give them a proper game is light years from where we were a few years ago where we would just be dreading the idea of getting pumped 5:0.

I do feel my dislike for Man City faded whilst Pep has been in charge. They have managed somehow to make spending oil money blandly inoffensive. Their fan base is also the only one that seems to give us any credit and not get riled up at us for daring to be good now.

Find their brand of football very boring to watch tbh.

Stones would be a massive miss to any team even City, but they will always have players coming in wanting to show their qualities and break into the team.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:53 am

Pick of the bunch "Genuinely excited at the prospect of playing these at their place for the first time since their money rolled in."
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:41 am

'Corrupt Bastards'

This is coming from them, trying to buy the league, what happened to growing organically?

Someone should remind these haggis cross inbred speakers that they won't win the league with Howe. Pipe down and get back in your lane.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:14 am

I like this one though :

After today, a score draw seems a realistic prospect. But wouldn't be disappointed with a loss so long as we fucking crucify Liverpool and that contemptible, bullying wanker Klopp afterwards.

Not bad eh.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:52 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I like this one though :

Not bad eh.

My favourite as well
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:15 pm

Some of those comments are very strange, talk about getting carried away with beating Aston Villa at home, still have 37 out of 38 league games to play and thinking you are going to win the league!! Especially when you have champions league football to factor in for the first time in a long time.

Thanks CM much appreciated
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum