Treble Winners v Newcastle (H)| Pre Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Treble Winners v Newcastle (H)| Pre Match Thread

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:39 am

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Treble Winners v Newcastle (H)| Pre Match Thread

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:52 am

Tbh I am worried about our lack of creativity and paper thin squad after we've just won the treble. Are we rearing on laurels ? Reminds me of the shitty maicon Rodwell window that we all called.

Paqueta not an option now, palmer may be going, kev injured. I know it's not closed yet but hmm.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:54 am

Nick wrote:Tbh I am worried about our lack of creativity and paper thin squad after we've just won the treble. Are we rearing on laurels ? Reminds me of the shitty maicon Rodwell window that we all called.

Paqueta not an option now, palmer may be going, kev injured. I know it's not closed yet but hmm.
hmm is bit timid ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:57 am

For some reason, I’m usually a pessimist, but this season I’m quite relaxed.

Not sure now we’ve won everything there is to win football is slowly dying off for me. VAR, the corruption, continued bollocks charges we get given, etc just isn’t the same as Scott Hiley falling over injured with no one near him at Maine Road.

I never in my wildest dreams at 8 years old walking around Maine Road for the first time and soaking up the blue and the black and red shirts, the smell of the burgers and hot dogs, the songs… never did I think we’d be here as THE best club in the world. It’s crazy. Sometimes I don’t think it’s even real! Sad that my kids will never experience that City, but also happy that we’re where we are and that no other club comes close to us in terms of the way we’re ran and the team and manager we have. Crazy!

Not only that, but the best fans in the world. Never taking anything too seriously, I think if we dropped two divisions the same fans would still be there laughing and joking. Everyone on here is class.

Hopefully taking my daughter to the Fulham game will reignite it a bit for me. She’s already singing - “City city, in the land the best and all the world”…will work on that :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Vantage » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:28 am

Mase wrote:For some reason, I’m usually a pessimist, but this season I’m quite relaxed.

Not sure now we’ve won everything there is to win football is slowly dying off for me. VAR, the corruption, continued bollocks charges we get given, etc just isn’t the same as Scott Hiley falling over injured with no one near him at Maine Road.

I never in my wildest dreams at 8 years old walking around Maine Road for the first time and soaking up the blue and the black and red shirts, the smell of the burgers and hot dogs, the songs… never did I think we’d be here as THE best club in the world. It’s crazy. Sometimes I don’t think it’s even real! Sad that my kids will never experience that City, but also happy that we’re where we are and that no other club comes close to us in terms of the way we’re ran and the team and manager we have. Crazy!

Not only that, but the best fans in the world. Never taking anything too seriously, I think if we dropped two divisions the same fans would still be there laughing and joking. Everyone on here is class.

Hopefully taking my daughter to the Fulham game will reignite it a bit for me. She’s already singing - “City city, in the land the best and all the world”…will work on that :lol:

Spot on, great post Mase. Best fans in all the world. Every-time I have the chance home and away always have the best laugh with the blues around me. This club has nothing but good memories even in the worst of times and I hope we stuff the barcodes today - was very happy to see the back of Saint-Maxime he played us on his own last season…
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Blue Jam » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:47 am

Time to throw in my usual pessimistic comment, although today it seems more realistic.

This game means more to Barcodes than us at this stage. We're undermined by missing players, Silly Cup distraction the other night (and travel fatigue), Pep (quite rightly but desperately) asking the crowd for more that they wouldve given. We've 'won everything' vs Barcodes 'this is our season'

But it's our first home game so you never know.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:38 am

I'm confident we'll all rise to the occasion :D
Ederson;
Kyle Walker, Manuel Akanji, Rúben Dias, Nathan Aké;
Mateo Kovačić, Rodri, Phil Foden;
Julián Álvarez, Erling Haaland (F/L), Jack Grealish:

Bench: Stefan Ortega, Rico Lewis, Aymeric Laporte, Joško Gvardiol, Sergio Gomez, Kalvin Phillips, Cole Palmer, James McAtee, Oscar Bobb.

City win 4-0​
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:04 pm

I think he'll play Gvardiol instead of Akanji. And no Foden on the grounds he was absolutely dogs the other night.

Though that doesn't always stop unpredictable Pep
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:43 pm

john@staustell wrote:I think he'll play Gvardiol instead of Akanji. And no Foden on the grounds he was absolutely dogs the other night.

Though that doesn't always stop unpredictable Pep

Pep plays the Back 4 again i will lump my life savings on the Barcodes at 17/5 :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Return to The Maine Football forum