***city v seville official esc match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v seville official esc match thread***

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:21 pm

Nice congratulations from Ilkay
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:22 pm

Now the season can start properly

I suspect the Charity Shield and this game were always earmarked for us to get minutes in legs and shake off cobwebs. Well, that’s now been done and hopefully the rustiness will be worn away as we get back into our rhythm

And we’ve picked up an extra pot along the way and we’re unlucky not to collect the Charity Shield as well, but that was a minor hiccup of little significance in the grand scheme of things

Onto Newcastle and assume we will parade all our silverware in front of our faithful. Might need a decent sized table for them all though
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:22 pm

Glad that mickey mouse cup rubbish is over, hopefully no injuries or no problems.
A far better performance needed on Saturday.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue Jam » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:22 pm

blues2win wrote:Kyle was a bit lucky but he had the bottle to take the fifth penalty. Still love to see big Ed take one.

That would be great to see

I remember watching him.llay midfield in some Brazillian charity game 4 or 5 years ago.

He looked fldecent enough, I think he scored a decent goal
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:29 pm

aaron bond wrote:Not our best performance but who cares?
Another trophy to the collection!

Let’s enjoy tonight and we can worry about Newcastle tomorrow

Wise words AB as ever, truly think our posters didnt graspe how much the heat and humidity favoured Sevillia.

How they ended the game with 11 on pitch os beyond me.

Barcodes will be a tough match, that said Villa were shocking and the score line flattered them.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:32 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Wise words AB as ever, truly think our posters didnt graspe how much the heat and humidity favoured Sevillia.

How they ended the game with 11 on pitch os

Barcodes will be a tough match, that said Villa were shocking and the score line flattered them.

Just heard Seville play Monday Night. Nice La Liga
PL take fucking note wankers
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:52 pm

WobblyGob can go and fuck himself, City breaking all the rules!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:55 pm

TNT coverage ends with no Pep interview, Wio slaggng us off, claiming we're desperate for new players and tipping a barcodes win on Saturday. How familiar.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:55 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

How they ended the game with 11 on pitch os

Just heard Seville play Monday Night. Nice La Liga
PL take fucking note wankers

The PL see other tournaments as enemies, that’d why we end up fairly big games post-CL.

They’re not interested in supporting English teams, they are very good at promoting themselves.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:57 pm

Reinforcements needed

Lack of creativity and rodri flogged again
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:00 pm

Nick wrote:Reinforcements needed

Lack of creativity and rodri flogged again

Chairman being there is a good sign
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Indianablue » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:13 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

The heat? Same for both sides yet we had the ball for most of the game. Probably why Haaland, Foden and Palmer, Grealish didn't do much for large parts of the game . We were poor, end of. Half our team grew up in foreign lands and holiday in Dubai
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:31 pm

The rag that’s chappers on 5Live was playing down the rags losing their super cup final after winning the treble. Something for the laughing thread?

Thought palmer was much better second half & other than the creativity of KDB & Bernie, thought it was a game that highlighted what we’ve lost with Gundo going, although kova was very tidy - might be the first player who doesn’t take a season to settle
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:37 pm

Hopefully Dias Stones and Bernie will play on Saturday. Akanji can’t play the Stones position. That experiment clearly failed.
blues2win

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:51 pm

Indianablue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

The heat? Same for both sides yet we had the ball for most of the game. Probably why Haaland, Foden and Palmer, Grealish didn't do much for large parts of the game . We were poor, end of. Half our team grew up in foreign lands and holiday in Dubai

Half the team grew in foteign lands...... the bulk of them have been playing in Manchester or not so sunny countries

Have you ever been to Seville? They have 7 months of late 20's to late 30° temps with extemely high humidity (they aren't on the coast with a nice breeze).

You reckon you could put in a shift for 90 minutes at 28° C at 22:00 at night? No, thought not.

It was a non critical, nice to have won game and we did, so i fail to see where the negativty is coming from on this thread.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:02 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Think we've played well tbh. High intensity as the half went on. Palmer though. The goal was his fault, losing possession when we were exposed, he's slowing everything down. He plays very much like Mahrez but with nowhere near the talent level.

Like what I've seen of the new boy so far. Getting properly involved.

Palmer is being bullied and can’t handle it at the moment, he’s been shut down. This is a growth game for him and needs to exert himself on their LB. A test that he needs to stand-up to.

Bullying was exactly it, he toughened up second half and actually looked like a player.

How was Palmer? BBC making out he’s the next Messi. Was he that good?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:22 am

Dias has to start along with Stones. Akanji is wank, no leadership quality at all. He should be a squad player, not a starter.

We've been obsessing with growing our brand and finances. It's been a terrible transfer window, we normally secure our targets earlier.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:15 am

Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Think we've played well tbh. High intensity as the half went on. Palmer though. The goal was his fault, losing possession when we were exposed, he's slowing everything down. He plays very much like Mahrez but with nowhere near the talent level.

Palmer is being bullied and can’t handle it at the moment, he’s been shut down. This is a growth game for him and needs to exert himself on their LB. A test that he needs to stand-up to.

Bullying was exactly it, he toughened up second half and actually looked like a player.

Thought he was very poor first half. Always involved but weak and indecisive, very easy to force him into obvious errors. Their goal came from us in a great attacking position but he didn't whip the ball in or look to feed it off so lost possession and the goal came from there. Really wouldn't have been upset if he was hooked at half time.

Second half, pep must have said something to him because he was brilliant. I've never seen him with this side to his game before but he refused to be bullied, he was strong and started varying up his play. Even when outside instead of cutting in! Quite easily his best 45 minutes for us.

The whole team played great. Couple of brainfarts from nearly all of them at some point but we played really well. Only Foden was a slight concern but even he had a huge improvement in the second half.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:21 am

Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

First half terrible, second half pretty good, simple as

Kinky, Sadly Foden was struggling throughout.

In a rare moment of sense a few weeks ago, Wio said that Foden is "still looking for his position " and I think that is right
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:23 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Thought he was very poor first half. Always involved but weak and indecisive, very easy to force him into obvious errors. Their goal came from us in a great attacking position but he didn't whip the ball in or look to feed it off so lost possession and the goal came from there. Really wouldn't have been upset if he was hooked at half time.

Second half, pep must have said something to him because he was brilliant. I've never seen him with this side to his game before but he refused to be bullied, he was strong and started varying up his play. Even when outside instead of cutting in! Quite easily his best 45 minutes for us.

The whole team played great. Couple of brainfarts from nearly all of them at some point but we played really well. Only Foden was a slight concern but even he had a huge improvement in the second half.

Brilliant. Thank you
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum