***city v seville official esc match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v seville official esc match thread***

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:37 pm

Honestly think Grealish could do the Gundo role in the middle but seems like Pep doesn’t fancy him there
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:54 pm

Mase wrote:Honestly think Grealish could do the Gundo role in the middle but seems like Pep doesn’t fancy him there

Can't see it, not without a lot of work, even then he lacks the football intelligence that Gundo had for us.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:58 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Honestly think Grealish could do the Gundo role in the middle but seems like Pep doesn’t fancy him there

Can't see it, not without a lot of work, even then he lacks the football intelligence that Gundo had for us.

I think a lot of players could do what Gundo did for us. He worked hard and got in the right positions. He didn’t play de Bruyne balls into players. He didn’t make Rodri tackles. He didn’t make unstoppable Yaya runs.

He knew how we played best, was a leader and got himself in the right positions at the right time. I think Grealish could absolutely do that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:13 pm

"Julián Álvarez was set to start vs Sevilla but was suffering from ‘muscular discomfort’. Man City medical staff indicated he could only feature for 10/15 minutes."

So Cole wasn't due to start it seems.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:52 pm

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I think a lot of players could do what Gundo did for us. He worked hard and got in the right positions. He didn’t play de Bruyne balls into players. He didn’t make Rodri tackles. He didn’t make unstoppable Yaya runs.

He knew how we played best, was a leader and got himself in the right positions at the right time. I think Grealish could absolutely do that.

Tend to agree with this.

And then we have others who have been with city all Their lives that in now how we play like Phil and Rico
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:05 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Tend to agree with this.

And then we have others who have been with city all Their lives that in now how we play like Phil and Rico
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:43 am

Our record season will be our enemy this season. Fatigue and muscle strains. Newcastle and Arsenal will get away from us imo. They are fresher it’s a fact. We are in transition and recovery after a treble no surprise. Pep over to you.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stupot » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:43 am

MIAMCFC wrote:Our record season will be our enemy this season. Fatigue and muscle strains. Newcastle and Arsenal will get away from us imo. They are fresher it’s a fact. We are in transition and recovery after a treble no surprise. Pep over to you.

I think Newcastle and Arsenal will both be worse this season. They both have the CL to contend with so when that kicks in let's see if they still maintain their levels.
Newcastle still have Dan Burn in defence who got mullered by Foden last season and Trippier although good going forward got destroyed by Grealish.
I can see Arsenal being 2nd but further behind than last year, i don't think Geordies will be top 4.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:23 am

stupot wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:Our record season will be our enemy this season. Fatigue and muscle strains. Newcastle and Arsenal will get away from us imo. They are fresher it’s a fact. We are in transition and recovery after a treble no surprise. Pep over to you.

I think Newcastle and Arsenal will both be worse this season. They both have the CL to contend with so when that kicks in let's see if they still maintain their levels.
Newcastle still have Dan Burn in defence who got mullered by Foden last season and Trippier although good going forward got destroyed by Grealish.
I can see Arsenal being 2nd but further behind than last year, i don't think Geordies will be top 4.

Both are ahead of the rest. We start slow and are knackered. It’s a leveller. Plus the goals we lose with Gundo and Mahrez gone KDB out. Hope I’m miles out BTW.
MIAMCFC

Postby stupot » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:48 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
stupot wrote:

Both are ahead of the rest. We start slow and are knackered. It’s a leveller. Plus the goals we lose with Gundo and Mahrez gone KDB out. Hope I’m miles out BTW.

Arsenal got the pen shoot out against us with the freakiest 100th minute deflection otherwise we'd have had that one. They were hanging on desperately and screaming for the final whistle against Forest last week.
Newcastle looked great against Villa going forward but well suspect at the back.
If we beat Newcastle tomorrow and then have a nice rest before Sheff U I can see us opening a nice gap as like i said previously they'll both find it a lot harder next month when the CL starts.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:45 pm

Most certainly the champions league schedule will affect Arsenal and Newcastle.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:35 am

sheblue wrote:Most certainly the champions league schedule will affect Arsenal and Newcastle.

Flip it. Newcastle are ahead of schedule. They will be bouncing. Arsenal are back in the big league with a fresh deeper squad.

City are nursing our way through the start of the season. I trust we will be fine. Today is a game that with a full team/squad, we control, win. I just have a feeling they are are onto something under Howe, hope I’m wrong and we batter them. We’ve not got the worries of the scousers or scum. I would add we need 2 more signings and if Cole is not committed 3 or 4 as for Philips if he gets nada today. Fire his arse out of the club, Good lad but with the MF injuries and still nowhere near playing he’s done.
MIAMCFC

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:43 am

Not sure we need three or four more. Gvardiol for Laporte is fine. Kovacic has come in for Gundogan. We need one more for Kevin’s injury and then a decision to make about whether we buy Doku to replace Mahrez or trust Cole Palmer to step up to the plate. Two good goals this season but he was poor last season when given the opportunity. I’d be inclined to buy someone. Newacastle tonight will be a huge test after a ridiculously compressed gap between arriving at 4am on Thursday and playing. Sevilla were helped by their League with a Monday night game. Not City.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:26 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
stupot wrote:

I was talking out of my arse ! Mullered the Twats!
MIAMCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum