alvarez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: alvarez

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Alvarez is a fuckign world class player who has proved that time and again in Latin America ( was voted the bets player in Latin America for fucks sake !)and in the world cup.
It cannot help his progress if Baldie plays him in positions that stifle his natural game.
Agree, playing him out of position is a problem. Who do you want starting up top - Alvarez or Haaland - because that is the stark choice it seems?

Can we not have both ?
Who gets left out to play him as a second striker in a 4-4-2? That is not a possession based formation and everything that Pep regards as fundamental relies on possession.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Vantage » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:39 am

And this is why I'm not a manager...

3-5-1-1

With Halland and Alverez alternating between the No 9 and false 9 role. Would cause mayhem for defenders.

I look forward to my call up.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:00 am

Vantage wrote:And this is why I'm not a manager...

3-5-1-1

With Halland and Alverez alternating between the No 9 and false 9 role. Would cause mayhem for defenders.

I look forward to my call up.

that's the current formation I think
3-6-1
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vantage » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:07 pm

Ah yes but I would play Haaland and Alvarez one in front of the other not Alvarez wide. One would decoy/make space for the other with Foden in the “Merlin hole” behind
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:22 pm

Vantage wrote:Ah yes but I would play Haaland and Alvarez one in front of the other not Alvarez wide. One would decoy/make space for the other withFoden in the “Merlin hole” behind

wasn't great last night playing through the middle was he?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Vantage wrote:Ah yes but I would play Haaland and Alvarez one in front of the other not Alvarez wide. One would decoy/make space for the other withFoden in the “Merlin hole” behind

The mitigating factor is that EVERYONE was shite last night.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:11 pm

Alvarez in a Advanced Gundo role for me he showed it in the World Cup class player needs to be let of the leach.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:00 pm

sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

We missed Johnny Stones a lot - and will continue to do so it seems, hamstring injury while training this morning in Greece apparently.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vantage » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:51 am

sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

I think Alvarez has to be given the chance and consistent starts to shine - Gundo may have left that gap for him to play in pushing him out wide seems a waste, by the law of averages Haaland will get injured at some point by some clogger centre back chopping him down, probably the ghost of David Pleat at L*ton Town. With KdeB out as well this has to be an opportunity?
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:14 am

Julian says hi
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Indianablue » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:47 pm

I think most of us saw what Alvarez can do yesterday. He has a superb touch and is an ideal foil for Haaland. There is no reason why he cannot play with Haaland , Both interchanging positions in the centre and going wide. They are a great pairing. With Foden playing well and potentially staking his claim, when Silva gets fit, it will be interesting who Pep leaves out. On performance so far its between Grealish and Palmer, I'm assuming Kovetic and Gvardiol keep their places with perhaps Akanji moving out for John Stones when fit. Big call for Pep to rotate these players and pick his best 11 when they start to perform. Grealish needs to look over his shoulder. Phillips i don't see getting any game time of significance
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:30 am

Indianablue wrote:I think most of us saw what Alvarez can do yesterday. He has a superb touch and is an ideal foil for Haaland. There is no reason why he cannot play with Haaland , Both interchanging positions in the centre and going wide. They are a great pairing. With Foden playing well and potentially staking his claim, when Silva gets fit, it will be interesting who Pep leaves out. On performance so far its between Grealish and Palmer, I'm assuming Kovetic and Gvardiol keep their places with perhaps Akanji moving out for John Stones when fit. Big call for Pep to rotate these players and pick his best 11 when they start to perform. Grealish needs to look over his shoulder. Phillips i don't see getting any game time of significance

Grealish has been woeful going at goal so far..hes just shit at it..always runs into a dead end.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:15 am

Indianablue wrote:I think most of us saw what Alvarez can do yesterday. He has a superb touch and is an ideal foil for Haaland. There is no reason why he cannot play with Haaland , Both interchanging positions in the centre and going wide. They are a great pairing. With Foden playing well and potentially staking his claim, when Silva gets fit, it will be interesting who Pep leaves out. On performance so far its between Grealish and Palmer, I'm assuming Kovetic and Gvardiol keep their places with perhaps Akanji moving out for John Stones when fit. Big call for Pep to rotate these players and pick his best 11 when they start to perform. Grealish needs to look over his shoulder. Phillips i don't see getting any game time of significance
Cole is not competing with any of the senior squad and is almost certainly off permanently as a result. If he rocks up as expected Doku will give Jack some welcome competition though.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum