***Champions v Inter CL Final Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***Champions v Inter CL Final Official Match Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:47 am

Here we are.

The day where we can/will make history and forever cement our place as one of the greatest teams, certainly in the modern era and possibly of all time. And it would be a springboard for further success on the European stage and elevate us further in terms of a global brand.

To the game then.

I hope all concerned with the team from the management to the coaching staff to the players to the tea lady and kit man, (who by the way has one of the best jobs ever), have woken up this morning with a big smile on their faces and and an extra spring in their step. Positivity will be crucial today. Anyone who makes it to the CL final regardless of who they have faced on the way, is a good side, and Inter are no exception. They will be out to spoil our party and will have a gameplan of a low block and counter attack to try and achieve it. They are very unlikely to go toe to toe with us as we are simply better. And they will have watched us absolutely destroy Madrid in the semi and Bayern before and hopefully this will have struck fear in their hearts and minds.

We have no injuries and a full squad to choose from. I can see a team selection the same as the semi final v Madrid. Can't wait for KO and am looking forward to it hugely. Am now very confident this morning we are gonna do it. And all the lads n lasses out there, make the most of it and enjoy yourselves whilst flying the flag for City and of course, stay safe.

4-0 with Viking smashing it
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Champions v Inter CL Final Official Match Thread***

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:42 am

Terrible sleep last night. Can’t believe we’ve got to wait until 8pm. Nervous as fuck
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:43 am

Mase wrote:Terrible sleep last night. Can’t believe we’ve got to wait until 8pm. Nervous as fuck

Longest 12 fucking hours ever Liam mate. Gonna have to wear a adult fucking nappy at this rate.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Paul68 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:53 am

ruralblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Terrible sleep last night. Can’t believe we’ve got to wait until 8pm. Nervous as fuck

Longest 12 fucking hours ever Liam mate. Gonna have to wear a adult fucking nappy at this rate.

I been awake since 6. Fucking shit sleep last night. Now gotta wait till 8. Try to have a normal day I guess. Take me mind off it.
We're going to win but it's fucking nerve racking waiting for it...
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:43 am

today is the day
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:30 am

This is it lads. The biggest game we've ever played to date.

I think we'll win comfortably but of course there's nerves. Taking the kids to a fun fair, get a bit exercise in and generally keep myself distracted until it's time for the pub.

COME ON CITY!!!!!

C
T
I
D
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:04 am

I'm taking a moment to remember the blues I knew who didn't make it to see this day - great memories shared , hope you are all watching :D
nottsblue wrote:Here we are.

The day where we can/will make history and forever cement our place as one of the greatest teams, certainly in the modern era and possibly of all time. And it would be a springboard for further success on the European stage and elevate us further in terms of a global brand.

To the game then.

I hope all concerned with the team from the management to the coaching staff to the players to the tea lady and kit man, (who by the way has one of the best jobs ever), have woken up this morning with a big smile on their faces and and an extra spring in their step. Positivity will be crucial today. Anyone who makes it to the CL final regardless of who they have faced on the way, is a good side, and Inter are no exception. They will be out to spoil our party and will have a gameplan of a low block and counter attack to try and achieve it. They are very unlikely to go toe to toe with us as we are simply better. And they will have watched us absolutely destroy Madrid in the semi and Bayern before and hopefully this will have struck fear in their hearts and minds.

We have no injuries and a full squad to choose from. I can see a team selection the same as the semi final v Madrid. Can't wait for KO and am looking forward to it hugely. Am now very confident this morning we are gonna do it. And all the lads n lasses out there, make the most of it and enjoy yourselves whilst flying the flag for City and of course, stay safe.

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:10 am

Come on the blues. Slept well after effies in the town last night
Heading out to join the gang now - enjoy your day boys and girls
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:11 am

johnny crossan wrote:I'm taking a moment to remember the blues I knew who didn't make it to see this day - great memories shared , hope you are all watching :D
nottsblue wrote:Here we are.

To the game then.

Great shout JC
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:34 am

I fancy Kevin to have an important game. He’ll be very determined after the awful time he had in the final against Chelsea.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:27 am

Woke up in a fantastic mood, zero nerves and supremely confident. Haven't felt like this with city before. Ever. Today is the day.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:36 am

I couldn't concentrate at work yesterday, drank myself to sleep lastnight and was full of nerves, but this video just calmed me down (for now)

https://amp.mancity.com/citytv/mens/cha ... o-63821895
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:12 am

We must make sure Rodri isn't got at by the Inter dubious midfield trio.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:13 am

Pretty good that - got the heart thumping
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:39 pm

The sheikh is attending tonight. The only other time he went to a game was when we smashed Liverpool 3 nil at home. I remember everyone knew the day before that he was going, the buzz was incredible and we knew we would smash the dippers.

Everything is coming up Milhouse boyos.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:55 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:The sheikh is attending tonight. The only other time he went to a game was when we smashed Liverpool 3 nil at home. I remember everyone knew the day before that he was going, the buzz was incredible and we knew we would smash the dippers.

Everything is coming up Milhouse boyos.

Another piece of the jigsaw falls into place
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:28 pm

you know you're winning at parenting when your 8 year old blonde daughter comes downstairs in one of my boys old city shirts, asks my wife to put her hair into a haaland style pony tail and tells us to call her haalinda for the day! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:42 pm

For the first time I believe we can and will win the champions league. For some reason in years gone by we just seemed to have a mental block with it, can’t put my finger on why or what’s changed but now as a whole club we seemed to have taken the next step and we will finally win it and get the monkey off our backs.
It won’t be easy….with all the diving and play acting, but if we come out like we did against Bayern and especially Madrid we will batter them!
Come on blues let FTCU!!!!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:03 pm

Weirdly not nervous at all. Been way more nervous against the rags in league games than this.

We have done a double even if we lose not end of the world.

Cmon city!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:10 pm

zuricity wrote:We must make sure Rodri isn't got at by the Inter dubious midfield trio.

Don't worry the magnificent johnny stones will be by his side.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum