***Champions v Inter CL Final Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Champions v Inter CL Final Official Match Thread***

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:53 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Just came here to post that. Incredible bit of film. Very impressive how they've managed to capture the nerves of both us and Inter. Would love to see a full length cut of that, I've never seen a football film so personable. Totally strips away the glitz and glamour of the game and puts the humanity of everyone involved in such an important moment to the fore. I'm genuinely blown away by it. Inzaghe bricking it as if he were a fan pre-kick off, Dzeko looking on forlornly as we lift the cup, Jack having a moment to take it all in, the short clip of Kev and Pep thanking each other. Brilliant.

Just finished it today.

This sums up my thoughts as well. Not sure if it was the music that was played but it got me emotional. It still hasn’t sunk in. I can’t believe we’ve won the CL
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:10 am

Mase wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Just came here to post that. Incredible bit of film. Very impressive how they've managed to capture the nerves of both us and Inter. Would love to see a full length cut of that, I've never seen a football film so personable. Totally strips away the glitz and glamour of the game and puts the humanity of everyone involved in such an important moment to the fore. I'm genuinely blown away by it. Inzaghe bricking it as if he were a fan pre-kick off, Dzeko looking on forlornly as we lift the cup, Jack having a moment to take it all in, the short clip of Kev and Pep thanking each other. Brilliant.

Just finished it today.

This sums up my thoughts as well. Not sure if it was the music that was played but it got me emotional. It still hasn’t sunk in. I can’t believe we’ve won the CL

To be honest, I am rubbing it in everyone's faces :lol:
Annoy the living hell out of them like they did when we lost.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:03 am

Also noticed that Haaland flicks between a Yorkshire and Manc accent taking the piss :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:56 pm

I just rewatched this and have a couple of comments.

Did the fact that the league music was being played as the players walked out and the guy was playing it quite splendidly on the piano mean that it denied us the opportunity to boo the anthem?

I remember when we signed Akanji the dope sheet on him was that he made mistakes at critical moments. Guess who gifted Inter two of their best chances? But he gets a pass from me.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:45 am

dazby wrote:I just rewatched this and have a couple of comments.

Did the fact that the league music was being played as the players walked out and the guy was playing it quite splendidly on the piano mean that it denied us the opportunity to boo the anthem?

I remember when we signed Akanji the dope sheet on him was that he made mistakes at critical moments. Guess who gifted Inter two of their best chances? But he gets a pass from me.

Akanji fucked up massively twice, if Laporte had done that he’d have been hounded. But luckily Akanji played a class ball to Bern for the goal so he’s forgiven.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:23 am

He’s also forgiven because the Inter header hit the bar rather than going in and because big Ed rescued him with a class save. It was, however, as you say a class ball for Bernie in the lead up to the goal. Fine margins,
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:13 am

blues2win wrote:He’s also forgiven because the Inter header hit the bar rather than going in and because big Ed rescued him with a class save. It was, however, as you say a class ball for Bernie in the lead up to the goal. Fine margins,

I’m still convinced the blonde guy for Inter was offside. There’s an angle on that City short film and he definitely looks offside when the balls played.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:21 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:He’s also forgiven because the Inter header hit the bar rather than going in and because big Ed rescued him with a class save. It was, however, as you say a class ball for Bernie in the lead up to the goal. Fine margins,

I’m still convinced the blonde guy for Inter was offside. There’s an angle on that City short film and he definitely looks offside when the balls played.

I've been thinking that since it happened and it wasn't mentioned at all. Thankfully we never needed to actually know.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:56 pm

Scatman wrote:
Mase wrote:

I've been thinking that since it happened and it wasn't mentioned at all. Thankfully we never needed to actually know.

# me too
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby MIAMCFC » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:08 am

My banter with rags is a 1 man convo. Honestly the lack of comeback is remarkable. 2 of our 5 aside rags have not replied to anything.
I heard they are planning to walk Snowden this weekend So I asked where was my invite. Nothing back so I’ve given a lad on the trip a Sunderland fan a city flag from the FA Cup game. He was like fucking yes 100%. So he is going to do a selfie at the top with the twats when they are chilling. I am anticipating epic reaction. As one of them is without doubt the biggest mard arse rag on the planet….. We expect the night in Chester after the hike to be either a man down or tears or both.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:33 am

MIAMCFC wrote:My banter with rags is a 1 man convo. Honestly the lack of comeback is remarkable. 2 of our 5 aside rags have not replied to anything.
I heard they are planning to walk Snowden this weekend So I asked where was my invite. Nothing back so I’ve given a lad on the trip a Sunderland fan a city flag from the FA Cup game. He was like fucking yes 100%. So he is going to do a selfie at the top with the twats when they are chilling. I am anticipating epic reaction. As one of them is without doubt the biggest mard arse rag on the planet….. We expect the night in Chester after the hike to be either a man down or tears or both.

Epic :lol: And i do love to use “Mard Arse “ :lol: :lol:
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:53 pm

Mase wrote:

For me too, thought it at the time and thought again watching the movie. Weird they never played that back, like it didnt even look close.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:29 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:

For me too, thought it at the time and thought again watching the movie. Weird they never played that back, like it didnt even look close.

Akanji in the middle is a yard behind the rest of the defence. Maybe he's playing him on, maybe not. It is close, though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:22 am

13 minutes 37 seconds, when the header is made he’s well off -

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:16 pm

Mase wrote:13 minutes 37 seconds, when the header is made he’s well off -

Watch on youtube.com

Video link broken mate
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:07 pm

That’s weird, City have taken it off their YouTube channel.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:53 pm

Just watched the highlights again.

Unbelievable. Still doesn’t feel real at all
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:33 pm

Anyone know when the movie they released a clip a while back is out looked class!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum