***Champions v Inter CL Final Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Champions v Inter CL Final Official Match Thread***

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:07 pm

Arrived back in MCR Sunday afternoon slept like a log, woke up completely non plussed what I witnessed in Istanbul, when the goal went in you could feel the city end lift off, best feeling in the world tears of joy all around at the final whistle, it wasn't pretty but when you've beaten the best teams in every competition, you deserve a bit of luck.
A fantastic club fantastic players and amazing fans.
The story carries on next season and by God, we'll done some serious damage to any club we play,
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:15 pm

Lovely lads
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:00 pm

Fucked
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:48 am

Got back yesterday after 36 hours in Istanbul.

What a trip! Istanbul itself was great - brilliant vibe amongst the fans and the bars were open late.

Just a shame the stadium is so far away, not helped at all by UEFA's shambolic organisation. It's really unacceptable how badly the fans are treated at these events.

The game itself was hard to watch. Just so tense. But we battled through and got the result. I never ever thought I'd see the day where we become champions of Europe.

Fair play to the Inter fans - most of them stayed to watch the trophy presentation before leaving.

A brilliant end to the greatest season of all the time. Pep, the coaches and players can have a well deserved break now.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby salford city » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:33 am

aaron bond wrote:Got back yesterday after 36 hours in Istanbul.

What a trip! Istanbul itself was great - brilliant vibe amongst the fans and the bars were open late.

Just a shame the stadium is so far away, not helped at all by UEFA's shambolic organisation. It's really unacceptable how badly the fans are treated at these events.

The game itself was hard to watch. Just so tense. But we battled through and got the result. I never ever thought I'd see the day where we become champions of Europe.

Fair play to the Inter fans - most of them stayed to watch the trophy presentation before leaving.

A brilliant end to the greatest season of all the time. Pep, the coaches and players can have a well deserved break now.

Agree on everything you say - most importantly, the points around UEFA. They really do need to sort their shit out as this final off the pitch was a shambles. Having City having to travel to a travel hub and then having to take shuttle buses for 2 hours to the ground and back with 45 minute queue outbound and 90 minutes after the game is a nonsense. Was speaking to the travel rep on way back at airport and he said the wait after the game for the buses back was down to Inter having 35 day trip packages and the police wanted to get them away. No way should that stadium be allowed to hold this final again
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:44 am

salford city wrote:

Agree on everything you say - most importantly, the points around UEFA. They really do need to sort their shit out as this final off the pitch was a shambles. Having City having to travel to a travel hub and then having to take shuttle buses for 2 hours to the ground and back with 45 minute queue outbound and 90 minutes after the game is a nonsense. Was speaking to the travel rep on way back at airport and he said the wait after the game for the buses back was down to Inter having 35 day trip packages and the police wanted to get them away. No way should that stadium be allowed to hold this final again

Was about to recount our trip you said it all. I would add class from inter and city fans. Take note……….
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:09 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
salford city wrote:

Was about to recount our trip you said it all. I would add class from inter and city fans. Take note……….

Inter fans were absolutely class all around the town also.
Never started anything, they just came and had their fun.

Also big shout to the turks also, was reluctant to wear my shirt, Leeds 2000 was still on my mind, but they were class. Heard ”Come on City” in every language.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:13 am

Never had Turkey on a place to see. It is now. Class for such a huge place. We even had the Fenerbache Cup win celebration close to us on Sunday night. Classy totally mental just like us. 10/10.
MIAMCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:30 am

Loads of fans got pickpocketed by locals didn’t they?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:37 am

Mase wrote:Loads of fans got pickpocketed by locals didn’t they?

No mate, that's Romania :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:50 am

PeterParker wrote:

Haha. I was reading loads got their wallets taken. A lad I know got his passport swiped.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:54 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Haha. I was reading loads got their wallets taken. A lad I know got his passport swiped.

Didn't notice anything, to be fair, but I was careful.
Actually, a few times got confused with the turkish lira and they were fair and gave back the right sum.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:55 am

Haha if it’s your back pocket that’s happening in Manchester. Fail to prepare “””
MIAMCFC

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:07 pm

Hadn’t seen this video until today. Brings a tear to my eye..

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:25 pm

Mase wrote:Hadn’t seen this video until today. Brings a tear to my eye..

Love it

Pep truly is a City fan
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Hadn’t seen this video until today. Brings a tear to my eye..

Love it

Pep truly is a City fan

Pep to the City players this season - “I love this club. And I love you too”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:49 pm

I know it’s sad when a player we love leaves But when Pep goes it’s gonna be 20x worse , yes he has had a pop at the home support But like already said he gets us he knows we have been fucked over And are still being fucked over and we have to be near on perfect every game to win it . When he hangs it all up I hope he does a book about it all
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:27 pm

City have released a short film on the CL final -

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:48 pm

Just came here to post that. Incredible bit of film. Very impressive how they've managed to capture the nerves of both us and Inter. Would love to see a full length cut of that, I've never seen a football film so personable. Totally strips away the glitz and glamour of the game and puts the humanity of everyone involved in such an important moment to the fore. I'm genuinely blown away by it. Inzaghe bricking it as if he were a fan pre-kick off, Dzeko looking on forlornly as we lift the cup, Jack having a moment to take it all in, the short clip of Kev and Pep thanking each other. Brilliant.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Agree on all the above. Was surprised re turks and Milan also.

But yes loads got pick pocketed and passports robbed. Some little gypsy I was throwing in the air was in My pockets. Luckily I bought a gimp bum bag for all my stuff after having my phone swiped by a pro at the Porto final.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum