City Launch Legal Challenge Against PL Charges & Barrister

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City Launch Legal Challenge Against PL Charges & Barrist

Postby Indianablue » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:48 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Bit naive to tnink we'll walk away from this without major punishment. PL are being forced by cartel to bring the case and punish us. The shit storm being whipped up is scaring them more than our defence team so they will find us guilty of a significant number of the charges to tarnish our reputation, just like UEFA did.

The ONLY penalty we will get will be a non co-operational one.
I cannot see , from what has all been said , anything else that will hold water.
absolutely no doubt in my mind the PL will withdraw these fake allegations before the end of this season.

hopefully you are right, but the yanks are playing for big bucks. they've pushed the PL into the ring, and the media has sold hundreds of tickets for the main event.
Forest, Everton et al were on the undercard and the crowd are getting pissed up and chanting 'why are we waiting!!! The PL are nervously getting a rub down back stage. The PL are too weak not to get into the ring and try to land a few punches.

I have quite a cynical view of politics, sport you name it, if money is involved there is corruption. Currently watching Bad Sports series on Netflix
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:32 am

We are 1894 posted this on FB tonight.....

LET'S HOPE CITY GROW A PAIR ....

A few years ago we put an article on here stating how there was an agenda against City. Some Blues said "how could you be even arsed to write such an article." They couldn't see how the negativity towards our club building was shaping opinion against us from other fans. We have told the club privately and publicly to ban repeat offenders be it organisations, or individual journalists. There was no attempt to to stop the pile on. All they see is revenues going up and success on the pitch. We were told "it's not the owners style" - well maybe THE OWNERS NEED TO CHANGE STYLE. For them, it's water off a duck's back. They don't care. The likes of Berrada certainly didn't. Fans in the stadium was an inconvenience in his eyes. The fans are the ones who have to stick up for the club when careerists like him do one. It's our fans who have to try and explain why all the narratives about our club and fan base being "plastic" is wrong and ... we have to stick up for ourselves because no one else is doing it for us. We've even had Pep asking the tunnel club for more noise, a part of the ground packed full of tourists for which real fans had to move (just like in level 2). If it's quiet at a home game don't throw the fans under the bus City, look at some of the reasons why...

The latest rubbish tonight is the stitch up in the Telegraph (stirring up trouble as Mansour wants to buy it) with Ceferin from Uefa saying they thought City were guilty on FFP. The same Uefa that City are not pressing into apologising publicly for the way our fans were treated in Istanbul. City's owners need to understand their best friends are not Ceferin - who will toe the party line for Uefa ... even though he tried to get City to accept a reduced punishment and City said get lost - but us the fans. CAS clearly thought his commission didn't act properly but Ceferin also must know giving interviews at this stage would be more hot air which the English tabloid scum will now run with for days.

City should be keeping a little black book of everyone who has joined this smear campaign and tried to damage our reputation. From Collymore to Carragher. From Rob Harris to Nick Harris, From Delaney to Ronay, From Dan Roan to Simon Jordan and every other two bob arsehole in between including the likes of PaddyPower and BoyleSports who continue to stereotype us - these people should be getting bans and their organisations should be banned from having reporting privileges. THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE EVER NEED THEM NOW. People hate us and want us to fail and it's obvious but it's time the club took heed of what the fans want - stop giving them hospitality, food , nice seats and a car park pass in our ground.

The club are driven by maximising revenues and we believe they may be looking to double matchday revenues alone over the next 5 years. That can only mean more daytrippers replacing real fans as they will spend more on tickets and merchandise. The atmosphere around the club could change overnight if only the club took on board some of the fans' frustrations here with the way our club is reported and represented. A lot of people have moved seats to accomodate "progress" whilst the ground went more corporate. Yet these parasites are let in and they can undermine our club with no payback. City fans are very passionate about their club. We would like the club to recognise this now.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:16 am

^^
A lot of the 1884 sentiments are echoed by most, if not all, of us. Trouble is, the club are purely interested in commercial success and titles on the pitch. IF, as stated, these views have been shared privately with the club then we should all have the answer as to why the club continues to allow the mud-slinging and downright lies to be peddled in the press. I'd always hoped that we would see the club go after the media - not now
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:03 am

Unless I have it wrong, I read it like the uefa nonce said they were right to take us to court basically? And they respect the decision of the court.

Every rag top is reporting that he said uefa was right and the court was wrong.

Propaganda is so easily manufactured. Especially when there's no rules around it or consequences
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:38 am

Original Dub wrote:Unless I have it wrong, I read it like the uefa nonce said they were right to take us to court basically? And they respect the decision of the court.

Propaganda is so easily manufactured. Especially when there's no rules around it or consequences

More reason to ban certain media outlets. We do the opposite - we invite them in, feed them, given them drink, the best seats in the house. It is pathetic by City and has been for years.

I remember 10+ years ago going on the stadium tour and someone asked when we were in the press room “why do we let the media get away with some of the stuff they write?” THAT WAS OVER 10 YEARS AGO! The answer was “we hope over time they’ll see how nice they’re treated and leave us alone”. That plan hasn’t worked at all!

City will lose a lot of proper fans if they don’t back us publicly soon. It’s the fans that take the brunt of it and have to defend us - and a lot are tired.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:17 am

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Unless I have it wrong, I read it like the uefa nonce said they were right to take us to court basically? And they respect the decision of the court.

More reason to ban certain media outlets. We do the opposite - we invite them in, feed them, given them drink, the best seats in the house. It is pathetic by City and has been for years.

I remember 10+ years ago going on the stadium tour and someone asked when we were in the press room “why do we let the media get away with some of the stuff they write?” THAT WAS OVER 10 YEARS AGO! The answer was “we hope over time they’ll see how nice they’re treated and leave us alone”. That plan hasn’t worked at all!

City will lose a lot of proper fans if they don’t back us publicly soon. It’s the fans that take the brunt of it and have to defend us - and a lot are tired.

The thing is Mase, unfortunately the club don't care about the 'real' fans and haven't done for a long time. You only have to witness the increasing number of day trippers at home games and there are some that I've seen myself with utd megastore bags with them to realise the demographic the club are going after - it's a pity, but we will soon be looking at the Farca model of day trippers sat side by side with utd -or any other top PL team and their day trippers. Away tickets are going the same way especially in London and chumps league. Would not be surprised if the new top tier in family stand is given over as non- season ticket to accommodate more of the same
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:33 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:

The thing is Mase, unfortunately the club don't care about the 'real' fans and haven't done for a long time. You only have to witness the increasing number of day trippers at home games and there are some that I've seen myself with utd megastore bags with them to realise the demographic the club are going after - it's a pity, but we will soon be looking at the Farca model of day trippers sat side by side with utd -or any other top PL team and their day trippers. Away tickets are going the same way especially in London and chumps league. Would not be surprised if the new top tier in family stand is given over as non- season ticket to accommodate more of the same

Yeah mate, it’s a shame. That season we allowed fans that bought a higher level of season ticket to earn more loyalty points absolutely stank! A newbie with money buys a higher level season ticket and ends up with more points than someone that was with us since Maine Road? It’s a bit of a shame.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:39 am

The clubs decision to make no comment needs reviewing. Even my other half finds it strange. We go to one of the biggest snakes Friday night in Levy.

I think these cunts are set on let’s just murder City and move on without the Arabs.

This morning UEFA chief is adding his 10 pence worth. We knew they were at it…… It’s going nowhere fast…..
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:56 am

With regards retribution......

The Arab culture is still rooted in tribal hierarchy, and the default state is to be very deferent of authority, but that doesn't mean they agree with authority. If you look at countries like UAE and KSA where they had no Arab Spring, it was because despite whatever grievances individuals have, they knew that they were well served with the benefits conferred by the status quo

What you see above the surface in terms of the media, HH Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon, as Emiratis will never go to war in the public arena and they will never outright challenge what's going on in the media.

Their job is done elsewhere, politically, and using UAE's vast commercial interests to drive the outcomes that suit the agenda of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Don't underestimate the power of organisations like Mubadala or ADQ, who most have never heard of, but who are able to pull strings with governments anywhere in the world because of their investments in infrastructure.

We've already seen the British Government refuse to hand over information from a freedom of information request relating to contact at diplomatic level relating to Manchester City - this shows that contact has happened, and I'm sure that will be because the UK Government needs to protect whatever else was discussed in that meeting.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've had conversations with an even more senior member of the Al Nayhan family than Sheikh Mansour, by virtue of their investment in my business. They openly laughed and said that you could argue that City were doing some if not all of what they have been accused of, but that they will never be caught because they ensure everything is legitimised.

I was skeptical of this as bravado, until you revisit the UEFA case where the smoking gun appeared to be an email showing HH directly funding the Etihad payment - the club at the time simply said, you can't pass judgement on a single email, but the whole context of what was happening - and the club were unequivocally found not guilty on that count and various others.

The British public is being made to believe that the Premier League wouldn't take these issues so far if there wasn't clear evidence of guilt - yet thats PRECISELY what UEFA did, building a whole case on an email. The media is conveniently omitting that City were actually found guilty of the majority of charges they faced, and I'm sure City are regretting using the time barred argument on the rest.

Knowing the MO of the Abu Dhabi government, I'm fairly relaxed that if these guys say its under control, it's under control.

But we won't see retribution in public, they will get their revenge in other ways
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:08 am

The old adage of tell lies often enough as the truth and its not long before people believe it, is never more true with modern media outlets.

On one hand I'd love it if we started banning people. Imagine Sky having to say we can't have Neville and Carragher as pundits today because they are barred from the Etihad. Or press reporters such as Stone, Roan and others don't get their passes renewed.

But all that would do is further intensify their vitriol and hatred and they'd simply publish more bullshit and lies

On the flip side I kind of like it that it's us against the rest. Pep knows this and has alluded to it on more than a few occasions. It makes victory all the sweeter knowing we have overcome the odds and seeing the media suck their teeth in and report on another title or another trophy is a thing of glorious beauty

We as a club aren't going to change our stance on this after a decade so we have to get used to it, either by gritted teeth or embracing the us v them mentality
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:34 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Bit naive to tnink we'll walk away from this without major punishment. PL are being forced by cartel to bring the case and punish us. The shit storm being whipped up is scaring them more than our defence team so they will find us guilty of a significant number of the charges to tarnish our reputation, just like UEFA did.

The ONLY penalty we will get will be a non co-operational one.
I cannot see , from what has all been said , anything else that will hold water.
absolutely no doubt in my mind the PL will withdraw these fake allegations before the end of this season.

That would be worse for us from a PR perspective IMO. If we get cleared by the independent panel all well and good - if they drop charges before the tribunal people will try and spin it we got off on technicality like Mason Greenwood did.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:

The old adage of tell lies often enough as the truth and its not long before people believe it, is never more true with modern media outlets.

On one hand I'd love it if we started banning people. Imagine Sky having to say we can't have Neville and Carragher as pundits today because they are barred from the Etihad. Or press reporters such as Stone, Roan and others don't get their passes renewed.

But all that would do is further intensify their vitriol and hatred and they'd simply publish more bullshit and lies

On the flip side I kind of like it that it's us against the rest. Pep knows this and has alluded to it on more than a few occasions. It makes victory all the sweeter knowing we have overcome the odds and seeing the media suck their teeth in and report on another title or another trophy is a thing of glorious beauty

We as a club aren't going to change our stance on this after a decade so we have to get used to it, either by gritted teeth or embracing the us v them mentality

Love it when Pep gets rilled up and comes out fighting. The press conference right after we got the 115 charges was magnificent
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:18 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Love it when Pep gets rilled up and comes out fighting. The press conference right after we got the 115 charges was magnificent

I’ve got that video saved on my phone. “Sometimes I have doubts 7..8 years is a long time. But now I don’t wanna move”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Indianablue » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:We are 1894 posted this on FB tonight.....

LET'S HOPE CITY GROW A PAIR ....

A few years ago we put an article on here stating how there was an agenda against City. Some Blues said "how could you be even arsed to write such an article." They couldn't see how the negativity towards our club building was shaping opinion against us from other fans. We have told the club privately and publicly to ban repeat offenders be it organisations, or individual journalists. There was no attempt to to stop the pile on. All they see is revenues going up and success on the pitch. We were told "it's not the owners style" - well maybe THE OWNERS NEED TO CHANGE STYLE. For them, it's water off a duck's back. They don't care. The likes of Berrada certainly didn't. Fans in the stadium was an inconvenience in his eyes. The fans are the ones who have to stick up for the club when careerists like him do one. It's our fans who have to try and explain why all the narratives about our club and fan base being "plastic" is wrong and ... we have to stick up for ourselves because no one else is doing it for us. We've even had Pep asking the tunnel club for more noise, a part of the ground packed full of tourists for which real fans had to move (just like in level 2). If it's quiet at a home game don't throw the fans under the bus City, look at some of the reasons why...

The latest rubbish tonight is the stitch up in the Telegraph (stirring up trouble as Mansour wants to buy it) with Ceferin from Uefa saying they thought City were guilty on FFP. The same Uefa that City are not pressing into apologising publicly for the way our fans were treated in Istanbul. City's owners need to understand their best friends are not Ceferin - who will toe the party line for Uefa ... even though he tried to get City to accept a reduced punishment and City said get lost - but us the fans. CAS clearly thought his commission didn't act properly but Ceferin also must know giving interviews at this stage would be more hot air which the English tabloid scum will now run with for days.

City should be keeping a little black book of everyone who has joined this smear campaign and tried to damage our reputation. From Collymore to Carragher. From Rob Harris to Nick Harris, From Delaney to Ronay, From Dan Roan to Simon Jordan and every other two bob arsehole in between including the likes of PaddyPower and BoyleSports who continue to stereotype us - these people should be getting bans and their organisations should be banned from having reporting privileges. THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE EVER NEED THEM NOW. People hate us and want us to fail and it's obvious but it's time the club took heed of what the fans want - stop giving them hospitality, food , nice seats and a car park pass in our ground.

The club are driven by maximising revenues and we believe they may be looking to double matchday revenues alone over the next 5 years. That can only mean more daytrippers replacing real fans as they will spend more on tickets and merchandise. The atmosphere around the club could change overnight if only the club took on board some of the fans' frustrations here with the way our club is reported and represented. A lot of people have moved seats to accomodate "progress" whilst the ground went more corporate. Yet these parasites are let in and they can undermine our club with no payback. City fans are very passionate about their club. We would like the club to recognise this now.

Great post
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:15 pm

Mase wrote:

They can’t just say we’re guilty to save face - as far as I’m aware people could be doing time for this? It’s not just a few points being docked - they could really open a can of worms if they just find us guilty because they’re being forced to by the US owned clubs

It isn't a court of law. So far they've managed to draft 115 charges against us, some of them mis-referenced, they've got an independant commision set up for us to be judged, Chaired by an Arsenal supporter? and he gets to pick the other two. Once we are found guilty we can appeal if we wish to an appeal panel set up and organised by the PL . In the interim the media campaign is mounting and an increasing number of turds are hitting the fan.
So far i'd say the PL is doing what the fuck they want and the head of UEFA is supporting them by launching his own defence of their prosecution against us. No one will do time for this on their side
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:09 pm

Indianablue wrote:
Mase wrote:

They can’t just say we’re guilty to save face - as far as I’m aware people could be doing time for this? It’s not just a few points being docked - they could really open a can of worms if they just find us guilty because they’re being forced to by the US owned clubs

It isn't a court of law. So far they've managed to draft 115 charges against us, some of them mis-referenced, they've got an independant commision set up for us to be judged, Chaired by an Arsenal supporter? and he gets to pick the other two. Once we are found guilty we can appeal if we wish to an appeal panel set up and organised by the PL . In the interim the media campaign is mounting and an increasing number of turds are hitting the fan.
So far i'd say the PL is doing what the fuck they want and the head of UEFA is supporting them by launching his own defence of their prosecution against us. No one will do time for this on their side

Surely our sponsorship deals will involve tax etc? If we’ve cooked the books then wouldn’t it involve HMRC if we’re paying someone “off the books”. Mancini would have had to pay more tax, but if he’s getting a kickback from a foreign company for an appearance over there then he won’t be paying tax in the UK on that…

It opens a whole can of worms and people could definitely face jail time.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Indianablue » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:25 pm

Mase wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Surely our sponsorship deals will involve tax etc? If we’ve cooked the books then wouldn’t it involve HMRC if we’re paying someone “off the books”. Mancini would have had to pay more tax, but if he’s getting a kickback from a foreign company for an appearance over there then he won’t be paying tax in the UK on that…

It opens a whole can of worms and people could definitely face jail time.

I've heard from a few blues with a greater understanding than me that the Mancini issue is a non event. He was paid separately by a third party for services rendered to a third party. I'm pretty sure there will be no link to City 's books un proveable and the sums in the scheme of things are miniscule. The sponsorship is another one that they would have to argue is completely disproportionate to the market at that time but has it worked out that way, the exposure has proved very beneficial for them. Its all going to come down to what the commision feel based on what the drummed up circumstantial evidence already examined in the main by UEFA. I think we had a fairer crack on appeal after UEFA when CAS cleared us. This time i'm not convinced at all. The yank cartels and European old guard want to see us fucked over, we are a massive fly in their ointment. we'll all know sooner or later
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:55 pm

Meh.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:19 pm

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat