Loan Watch Part 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loan Watch Part 2

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Just reading on the Athletic that Wolves have pulled off some deal, with selling Nunes for £53m and bringing in Doyle for what will be £4m at the end of the season.

I didn’t know we agreed a purchase fee? Anyone know if this is true? Why so low?! Doyle could have a class season for Wolves and be worth £10-15m but we’ve already agreed £4m? Surely can’t be true as our top guys are usually pretty astute - £4m when we sold players like Charles for £10m doesn’t sound right!

I'd read at the time that it was a whopping £5 million, which is still way under market value imo. I'd have liked for him to stay but the powers-that-be have clearly decided that he was surplus and wanted Nunes which is why we have gone low with Doyle's prospective fee. Question is has this made wolves weaker or stronger? Personally, I thought KDB returning brought out better in Nunes yesterday so we'll see how that dynamic progresses

Maybe his contract ends this summer? And we agreed a loan with a small fee on this basis, otherwise he could go elsewhere for free?

Because on the face of it £4-5M is way too low under normal circumstances

Contracted until June 30th 2025 apparently
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:11 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Just reading on the Athletic that Wolves have pulled off some deal, with selling Nunes for £53m and bringing in Doyle for what will be £4m at the end of the season.

I didn’t know we agreed a purchase fee? Anyone know if this is true? Why so low?! Doyle could have a class season for Wolves and be worth £10-15m but we’ve already agreed £4m? Surely can’t be true as our top guys are usually pretty astute - £4m when we sold players like Charles for £10m doesn’t sound right!

I'd read at the time that it was a whopping £5 million, which is still way under market value imo. I'd have liked for him to stay but the powers-that-be have clearly decided that he was surplus and wanted Nunes which is why we have gone low with Doyle's prospective fee. Question is has this made wolves weaker or stronger? Personally, I thought KDB returning brought out better in Nunes yesterday so we'll see how that dynamic progresses

Maybe his contract ends this summer? And we agreed a loan with a small fee on this basis, otherwise he could go elsewhere for free?

Because on the face of it £4-5M is way too low under normal circumstances

Contracted until June 30th 2025 apparently

Then that doesn't make sense and seems really low, which is actually very unlikely us. Unless it was a sweetener for the Nunes deal?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:37 pm

Likely a sweetener for the Nunes deal. I think this is proof we definitely panicked after the WHU lad was caught up in the betting scandal, because £4m for Doyle is terrible business considering what our kids that have no experience go for.

Nunes did alright when he came on yesterday. The opposition wasn’t great but hopefully this will be a turning point for him. Kovacic looked good as well to be fair.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:14 pm

Delap out for “2-3 months minimum”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 am

Another highly rated kid out for the season - Alex Robertson on loan at Pompey.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum