Loan Watch Part 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loan Watch Part 2

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:44 pm

McAtee with his first PL goal for Sheffield. Decent finish according to the soccer Saturday reporter
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:09 pm

nottsblue wrote:McAtee with his first PL goal for Sheffield. Decent finish according to the soccer Saturday reporter

Yep, had talksport on in car, reckon it was absolute belter and compared him and the goal to Foden & Palmer and how City cultivate the best left footers.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:45 pm

City have recalled Kian Breckin from his season long loan at Wycombe. Apparently he’s been treated terribly there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:27 pm

Off the beeb feed :

Nathan Jones
Former Southampton manager speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live
James McAtee is like a young Bernardo Silva the way he moves, his balance and the simplicity in his game, but when he needs to add quality he can - I have really enjoyed watching him.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:45 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Off the beeb feed :

Nathan Jones
James McAtee is like a young Bernardo Silva the way he moves, his balance and the simplicity in his game, but when he needs to add quality he can - I have really enjoyed watching him.

Just put the blades 3 up
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:50 pm

salford city wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Off the beeb feed :

Nathan Jones

Just put the blades 3 up

And again to make it 4
salford city

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:11 pm

Would have been playing tomorrow if he wasn’t poorly advised.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:19 pm

Mase wrote:Would have been playing tomorrow if he wasn’t poorly advised.

Whose to say he's poorly advised? Stay with us and (hardly) get a game or go back to a lower placed prem team and get more minutes. Not saying he's made the right choice but the boy is a talent, more so in my opinion that palmer . Big season for him
salford city

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:36 pm

McAtee with two goals and an assist.
Lovely.

Keep them coming
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:39 pm

salford city wrote:

Whose to say he's poorly advised? Stay with us and (hardly) get a game or go back to a lower placed prem team and get more minutes. Not saying he's made the right choice but the boy is a talent, more so in my opinion that palmer . Big season for him

I'll bet Oscar Bobb isn't far behind him in minutes this season
nottsblue

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

Agreed but McAtee would not be played out on the left and that's his problem. He'd be behind Foden and Kova and Nunes in the middle
salford city

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:33 pm

salford city wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

Agreed but McAtee would not be played out on the left and that's his problem. He'd be behind Foden and Kova and Nunes in the middle

Sheff Utd have been playing him off the right, so no reason he couldn’t have done that for us instead of us having to move Bern out there from the middle.

He's been poorly advised because you only have to look at Foden’s pathway. He’s not played a whole lot there and who is he learning from? McBurnie?! Zero development there
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:09 am

Just reading on the Athletic that Wolves have pulled off some deal, with selling Nunes for £53m and bringing in Doyle for what will be £4m at the end of the season.

I didn’t know we agreed a purchase fee? Anyone know if this is true? Why so low?! Doyle could have a class season for Wolves and be worth £10-15m but we’ve already agreed £4m? Surely can’t be true as our top guys are usually pretty astute - £4m when we sold players like Charles for £10m doesn’t sound right!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:00 am

Mase wrote:Just reading on the Athletic that Wolves have pulled off some deal, with selling Nunes for £53m and bringing in Doyle for what will be £4m at the end of the season.

I didn’t know we agreed a purchase fee? Anyone know if this is true? Why so low?! Doyle could have a class season for Wolves and be worth £10-15m but we’ve already agreed £4m? Surely can’t be true as our top guys are usually pretty astute - £4m when we sold players like Charles for £10m doesn’t sound right!

I'd read at the time that it was a whopping £5 million, which is still way under market value imo. I'd have liked for him to stay but the powers-that-be have clearly decided that he was surplus and wanted Nunes which is why we have gone low with Doyle's prospective fee. Question is has this made wolves weaker or stronger? Personally, I thought KDB returning brought out better in Nunes yesterday so we'll see how that dynamic progresses
salford city

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:11 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Just reading on the Athletic that Wolves have pulled off some deal, with selling Nunes for £53m and bringing in Doyle for what will be £4m at the end of the season.

I'd read at the time that it was a whopping £5 million, which is still way under market value imo. I'd have liked for him to stay but the powers-that-be have clearly decided that he was surplus and wanted Nunes which is why we have gone low with Doyle's prospective fee. Question is has this made wolves weaker or stronger? Personally, I thought KDB returning brought out better in Nunes yesterday so we'll see how that dynamic progresses

From what it said in the Athletic, and probably needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, Nunes rarely had a good game for Wolves so they’re over the moon with the deal.

Will be interesting to see how Doyle turns out. Would have liked him to be given a chance here but we bought the likes of Phillips instead, unfortunately. Hopefully he has a decent career.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:31 am

Nunes was the Supporters Player of the Season for Wolves last season so he can't have been too bad for them.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:04 am

stupot wrote:Nunes was the Supporters Player of the Season for Wolves last season so he can't have been too bad for them.

Neves got supports POTY last season, not Nunes. Nunes got voted goal of the season.

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/20230520-neves-and-george-claim-202223-awards-double/

Supporters voted for Neves as their men’s Player of the Season following an impressive season in gold and black as the Portuguese international took on the captain’s responsibility.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:10 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Nunes was the Supporters Player of the Season for Wolves last season so he can't have been too bad for them.

Neves got supports POTY last season, not Nunes. Nunes got voted goal of the season.

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/20230520-neves-and-george-claim-202223-awards-double/

Supporters voted for Neves as their men’s Player of the Season following an impressive season in gold and black as the Portuguese international took on the captain’s responsibility.

You're right, my mistake.
However i was at Wolves this season and they were vicious towards him which they don't tend to be if they couldn't care less.
Can't see us booing Phillips if he comes back with Newcastle.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:25 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

You're right, my mistake.
However i was at Wolves this season and they were vicious towards him which they don't tend to be if they couldn't care less.
Can't see us booing Phillips if he comes back with Newcastle.

You forgotten he refused to train and went on strike with them? Not going to roll out the red carpet are they
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:43 pm

salford city wrote:

Maybe his contract ends this summer? And we agreed a loan with a small fee on this basis, otherwise he could go elsewhere for free?

Because on the face of it £4-5M is way too low under normal circumstances
nottsblue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum