Loan Watch Part 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Loan Watch Part 2

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:31 am

Delap played 11 for Preston with zero goals. Looks like Stoke weren’t the problem.

McAtee smashing it at Sheff Utd and got the winner again last night. Doyle also doing well there.

Anyone watching that Mbete kid? Is he still at Huddersfield?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Loan Watch Part 2

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:57 am

Really surprised by Delap. I didn't think he'd make it long-term with us, but did think he'd have a decent career as a lower-level Prem player. Mind you, I thought the same about Devante Cole.

3 goals, 0 assists and 8 yellow cards in 33 league appearances doesn't bode well, unless he's being used as some kind of foil to drag defenders away from a target man, which is hardly a safe tactic in the long run. He's much shorter than I thought, too - only 6 foot 1. I had a feeling he was in the 6'4"-6'5" range.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:00 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Really surprised by Delap. I didn't think he'd make it long-term with us, but did think he'd have a decent career as a lower-level Prem player. Mind you, I thought the same about Devante Cole.

3 goals, 0 assists and 8 yellow cards in 33 league appearances doesn't bode well, unless he's being used as some kind of foil to drag defenders away from a target man, which is hardly a safe tactic in the long run. He's much shorter than I thought, too - only 6 foot 1. I had a feeling he was in the 6'4"-6'5" range.

My mate is a PNE season ticket holder and has said every time he’s given the chance he doesn’t look interested. Maybe he didn’t realise how tough it would be against big, strong defenders that are seasoned in the Championship.

When Southampton get relegated they might come back in for him, but we’ll be getting nowhere near the £20m that was allegedly offered last summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:01 am

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Really surprised by Delap. I didn't think he'd make it long-term with us, but did think he'd have a decent career as a lower-level Prem player. Mind you, I thought the same about Devante Cole.

My mate is a PNE season ticket holder and has said every time he’s given the chance he doesn’t look interested. Maybe he didn’t realise how tough it would be against big, strong defenders that are seasoned in the Championship.

When Southampton get relegated they might come back in for him, but we’ll be getting nowhere near the £20m that was allegedly offered last summer.

Makes Weghorst almost look like a footballer.

I guess loans can go both ways.

They can make a player, give him grounding and experience against seasoned pros who kick people for fun and generate the confidence they can cut it in the game.

It can also backfire. The club/league or style of play may not be suitable. It could for lots of reasons damage his confidence and set his career back before it’s barely started. It happens. And sadly it looks like this is the path that Delap is on.

He will be sold in the summer almost certainly for a lot less money than we’d have got last year. You win some you lose some
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:46 pm

I have been watching Mbete. He went on loan to Bolton after having his Huddersfield loan torn up in January and although he has played a fair bit he certainly isn't in front of Harwood-Bellis when the loanees return in the summer.
He is ok but nothing special and is prone to passing it to the opposition when not under pressure and I will be amazed if he makes it at City.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:49 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:I have been watching Mbete. He went on loan to Bolton after having his Huddersfield loan torn up in January and although he has played a fair bit he certainly isn't in front of Harwood-Bellis when the loanees return in the summer.
He is ok but nothing special and is prone to passing it to the opposition when not under pressure and I will be amazed if he makes it at City.

I suppose Calum Doyle would be ahead of him as well?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:51 pm

Mase wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:I have been watching Mbete. He went on loan to Bolton after having his Huddersfield loan torn up in January and although he has played a fair bit he certainly isn't in front of Harwood-Bellis when the loanees return in the summer.

Yes. Especially as both are left-footed from memory. Hopefully Southampton come calling!!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:52 pm

He won't

But as long as we get £5m+ and a sell on clause of 15% in the summer, then its all good.

And good luck to the lad on his next home
nottsblue

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:

He won't

But as long as we get £5m+ and a sell on clause of 15% in the summer, then its all good.

And good luck to the lad on his next home

Absolutely.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:04 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yes. Especially as both are left-footed from memory. Hopefully Southampton come calling!!

Well Jason Wilcox has decided to move to Southampton in the summer so I’m sure they’ll raid our academy even more.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:57 pm

Mase wrote:Delap played 11 for Preston with zero goals. Looks like Stoke weren’t the problem?

If only we could count how many times clueless Pep was told to play DeLap :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:36 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:Delap played 11 for Preston with zero goals. Looks like Stoke weren’t the problem?

If only we could count how many times clueless Pep was told to play DeLap :D

To be fair, he played him and he scored. It was a choice between Sterling as a false 9 and Delap as a proper striker. He wouldn’t have done any worse than Sterling last season in this City team imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:16 pm

Delap finally scored.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:50 pm

Mase wrote:Delap finally scored.

Walker take him on a night out?
nottsblue

Postby stupot » Wed May 03, 2023 6:10 am

Callum Doyle is Coventry's Young Player of the Year- still only 19.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed May 03, 2023 6:55 am

stupot wrote:Callum Doyle is Coventry's Young Player of the Year- still only 19.

Not just Callum -

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Wed May 03, 2023 8:13 am

That's well impressive.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed May 03, 2023 8:29 am

stupot wrote:That's well impressive.

I’ve seen a few Sheff Utd fans commenting to say Tommy would have got it if it hadn’t been for McAtee
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed May 03, 2023 11:10 am

Not too shabby at all. Well done to all concerned. Always think that it shows a lot of character when a youngster goes out on loan and performs well - more than well in these cases. I think we will see Doyle sign for the blades and McAtee given another year there - depending on what happens with our midfield over the summer
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Callum Doyle is Coventry's Young Player of the Year- still only 19.

Not just Callum -

Well done to those lads. Done themselves and the club proud.

Have Preston not had their awards evening yet
nottsblue

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum