Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:00 pm

Mase wrote:First time seeing it just now -

Any questions been asked post match about this?!!!

Usual snide comments by Pep, allusions of the fourth official, but nothing.
Looks we are going to bend over as usual and let it go.

Haaland was the most vocal both on and off the pitch.
Love the bloke, donkey at times, but he doesn't take shit.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:00 pm

Mase wrote:First time seeing it just now -

Any questions been asked post match about this?!!!

Put down as a poor decision by the referee. And no doubt the old chestnut of how these things even themselves out was trotted out.

Pep had a sly dig by saying he wasn’t going to do an Arteta. Inferring a colossal fuck up had been made but without actually saying it.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:00 am

Every season there’s a fucking horrendous decision that goes against everything we know about football, and always seems to be against us.

There’s no explanation for that call apart from that the ref did not want us to score.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:31 am

Haaland the only one pushing this. Why do we bend over when these things happen? Every other club gets an explanation. We get fuck all.

Apparently Hooper held his hands up to the City players straight away to apologise. It wasn’t a mistake..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:07 am

It's easy to think this was deliberate cheating.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:51 am

Just a quick look on BBC, the huge nonce hiders, and all non-City fans are saying “Haaland should be banned, it was just a mistake by the ref” :lol: Football fans are true mongs.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:52 am

Mase wrote:Just a quick look on BBC, the huge nonce hiders, and all non-City fans are saying “Haaland should be banned, it was just a mistake by the ref” :lol: Football fans are true mongs.

Regardless of the error from the referee, Haaland was in his face which is not allowed. I suspect he may well get fined for that. And had he been booked at the time he couldn’t complain

Top level players set the standard that filters down the leagues. I hate it when Fernandes at the rags berates the officials and he is the captain who is allowed to speak to the referee. Or Arsenal or Chelsea or an Arsenal who surround the referee. So for me it’s no different when one of ours does it.

Doesn’t excuse the poor decision of course. But football has lots of 50/50s and much bigger errors go against you and you have to take it. It’s in the post match presser that the time for calling it out. A referee will extremely rarely change his mind without VAR intervention anyway

We’ve had two howlers go against us in the last two games. Maybe we’ll get one in our favour at Villa?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:58 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Just a quick look on BBC, the huge nonce hiders, and all non-City fans are saying “Haaland should be banned, it was just a mistake by the ref” :lol: Football fans are true mongs.

Regardless of the error from the referee, Haaland was in his face which is not allowed. I suspect he may well get fined for that. And had he been booked at the time he couldn’t complain

Top level players set the standard that filters down the leagues. I hate it when Fernandes at the rags berates the officials and he is the captain who is allowed to speak to the referee. Or Arsenal or Chelsea or an Arsenal who surround the referee. So for me it’s no different when one of ours does it.

Doesn’t excuse the poor decision of course. But football has lots of 50/50s and much bigger errors go against you and you have to take it. It’s in the post match presser that the time for calling it out. A referee will extremely rarely change his mind without VAR intervention anyway

We’ve had two howlers go against us in the last two games. Maybe we’ll get one in our favour at Villa?

I’ve never played professional football so I can’t imagine the high emotions that run when something massive is on the line. It’s their livelihood. Haaland didn’t run over the ref, he was stood right there. Imagine him just shrugging his shoulders and just going “ahh well” and walking off.

Your point about Fernandes I could understand, if Haaland did this every week. But for it to happen once, because of cheating, I can totally understand and don’t blame him at all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:04 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I’ve never played professional football so I can’t imagine the high emotions that run when something massive is on the line. It’s their livelihood. Haaland didn’t run over the ref, he was stood right there. Imagine him just shrugging his shoulders and just going “ahh well” and walking off.

Your point about Fernandes I could understand, if Haaland did this every week. But for it to happen once, because of cheating, I can totally understand and don’t blame him at all.

Fair point about the emotions. But they are top level players and as said they are the template and role models for lower, non league and grassroots players. There is a huge problem in this country with respect for referees, especially at grassroots level. The players here look at what happens at the top level and will try the same. A colleague at work is a qualified FA referee, retired now, but some of the scenarios he and other refs have seen and had to deal with are quite frankly shocking.

I know Haaland has only done this once and he is normally a model pro in this regard. But once is all it takes. I would advocate the system whereby only the captain can talk to the referee and anyone else butting in gets a yellow. Football seems to be the only sport where respect for officials is as poor. And ultimately if we haven’t got enough referees we don’t have a sport, which is actually what is happening at grassroots level where matches are routinely cancelled due to no officials
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:33 pm

I think respect is earned in whatever walk of life. How can we respect referees, and players respect referees, when they are getting so much wrong over and over.

I saw a comment on BBC saying that if Haaland was in a normal job he’d be dismissed for shouting at someone. If a referee was in a “normal” job they’d be sacked every week for making mistakes and general incompetence.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:59 pm

Mase wrote:I think respect is earned in whatever walk of life. How can we respect referees, and players respect referees, when they are getting so much wrong over and over.

I saw a comment on BBC saying that if Haaland was in a normal job he’d be dismissed for shouting at someone. If a referee was in a “normal” job they’d be sacked every week for making mistakes and general incompetence.

Typical rag media today shift the fact that City were screwed on to Haaland behavior at the Ref ,
No the ref needs to be relegated
No it’s a disgrace (aka captain Black)
No apologies
Just an “honest “ mistake by the ref who didn’t deserve what that nasty villain Haaland did to him
Wankers one and all
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:37 pm

Mase wrote:I think respect is earned in whatever walk of life. How can we respect referees, and players respect referees, when they are getting so much wrong over and over.

Absolutely the referee should have consequences if and most likely when they make big errors. And if that means demoting referees then so be it. I am truly gobsmacked at the level of incompetence by officials and especially VAR, that is seen on a regular basis

But it IMO cannot be allowed that players can remonstrate with the match officials in the manner they currently are without damaging the game in general
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:11 pm

This off MEN feed : Referee Simon Hooper will face no punishment for his late error in Manchester City's draw with Tottenham, it is reported.

This is the same ref who did not award a pen for Wolves at old toilet when Onana assaulted the Wolves player. Go figure.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:59 pm

Ref Watch was mind blowing.

I'd recommend everyone watch the clip. 6 mins odd long and in it they mention on multiple occasions how they feel sorry for the referee and how "technically he did nothing wrong".

Truly bizarre footage.

So, based on watching that clip, I think the only fair thing to do is formally apologise to the referee for putting him in this situation ?
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:22 pm

i am still fucking fuming. spuds dont need any help taking points off of us - they do it every fucking year - but hooper was all to happy to lend a hand. fucking blatant cheating. there is no other rational explanation for it.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby blues2win » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:33 pm

Premier League charge City with failing to control their players when they surrounded the referee but no separate action against Haaland for the tweet. So a fine.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:Ref Watch was mind blowing.

I'd recommend everyone watch the clip. 6 mins odd long and in it they mention on multiple occasions how they feel sorry for the referee and how "technically he did nothing wrong".

Truly bizarre footage.

So, based on watching that clip, I think the only fair thing to do is formally apologise to the referee for putting him in this situation ?

Then you have Ally Mccoiat on talk sport saying “it’s refreshing to see the ref make a mistake and VAR not getting involved “

I kid you not !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:24 pm

blues2win wrote:Premier League charge City with failing to control their players when they surrounded the referee but no separate action against Haaland for the tweet. So a fine.

How can they fine a player for just simply putting “WTF” and that’s it? He could have been talking about anything!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Ref Watch was mind blowing.

Truly bizarre footage.

Then you have Ally Mccoiat on talk sport saying “it’s refreshing to see the ref make a mistake and VAR not getting involved “

I kid you not !

Can’t really take onboard what a piss stained alchy like McMoist has got to say though. He’s been getting way above his station for a while now. Utter helmet
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:39 pm

They were plenty of rival fans who wanted Haaland hung drawn and quartered.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum