Phil Foden what does he actually do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What's Phil done?

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:33 pm

Good to see him score and I do feel he should be given time to play back into form, but let’s not hide from the fact that he’s been largely awful since the WC when he’s been on the park.

Grealish and mahrez are becoming whipping boys I see, as both have been pretty bloody good once the wc.

Can’t complain about form but then ignore it for the ones not as fancied.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:34 pm

I still maintain the lad is not a forward and playing as a front 3 snuffs his abilities out. Was much better today, albeit a long way off what he's capable of. But in midfield he sees a bigger picture, finds pockets and gets to run at people, not to mention finding the right pass. For some reason when put out on the left of a front three, he loses all of that.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:57 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:I still maintain the lad is not a forward and playing as a front 3 snuffs his abilities out. Was much better today, albeit a long way off what he's capable of. But in midfield he sees a bigger picture, finds pockets and gets to run at people, not to mention finding the right pass. For some reason when put out on the left of a front three, he loses all of that.

Came into his own once he got a grip of the central position. Is he our new David Silva?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:I still maintain the lad is not a forward and playing as a front 3 snuffs his abilities out. Was much better today, albeit a long way off what he's capable of. But in midfield he sees a bigger picture, finds pockets and gets to run at people, not to mention finding the right pass. For some reason when put out on the left of a front three, he loses all of that.

Came into his own once he got a grip of the central position. Is he our new David Silva?

No
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Phil Foden what does he actually do?

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:33 pm

Fuck all in a Derby game. Of all people he should know what this means.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby sheblue » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:38 pm

We're all upset and annoyed now. But it's just his form is bad at the moment, he will come good again.
No need to call the hangman.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:40 pm

sheblue wrote:We're all upset and annoyed now. But it's just his form is bad at the moment, he will come good again.

Am not. Changing the thread title worked in Yayas favour. His form as gone to shit, but the again so has that of others
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:31 pm

ruralblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:We're all upset and annoyed now. But it's just his form is bad at the moment, he will come good again.

Am not. Changing the thread title worked in Yayas favour. His form as gone to shit, but the again so has that of others

Listen, Cancelo had loads of chances to play to Phil but didn't and then lost the ball on several occasions . It is as if he has offended a few players. Even Bernado didn't play to him when he could.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:48 pm

zuricity wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Listen, Cancelo had loads of chances to play to Phil but didn't and then lost the ball on several occasions . It is as if he has offended a few players. Even Bernado didn't play to him when he could.

Noticed this and said the same.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Crossie » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:28 pm

Foden this season seems to think he’s Messi and wants the goals for himself. He isn’t as good as Messi, he needs to stick to passing it for an 80% chance of a goal rather than shooting with a 30% chance of a goal.

Is he jealous for Harland? Has his contract changed his outlook?

He needs to cast his mind back 2 seasons when he so desperately wanted to play that he’d do anything Pep said.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:45 pm

I think what Phil is lacking this season is his pressing & he looks like is not staying on his feet in duels.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:37 pm

think he needs to have a few games off, he doesnt know what hes going
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:47 pm

Crossie wrote:Foden this season seems to think he’s Messi and wants the goals for himself. He isn’t as good as Messi, he needs to stick to passing it for an 80% chance of a goal rather than shooting with a 30% chance of a goal.

He needs to cast his mind back 2 seasons when he so desperately wanted to play that he’d do anything Pep said.

Well considering he nearly died of hunger today by not being fed anything and then had to be subbed, i would say Phil should be a bit pissed off with his team mates and rightly so.
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby salford city » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:34 am

zuricity wrote:
Crossie wrote:Foden this season seems to think he’s Messi and wants the goals for himself. He isn’t as good as Messi, he needs to stick to passing it for an 80% chance of a goal rather than shooting with a 30% chance of a goal.

Well considering he nearly died of hunger today by not being fed anything and then had to be subbed, i would say Phil shoud be a bit pissed off with his team mates and rightly so.

He is not a left winger. I am thinking that he will go into Gundos central role and we will see a proper pacey left winger come in. There is no point in having Haaland if he cannot get the ball. Felt for Foden yesterday but he has been off it as well
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:20 pm

phil had plenty of opportunities to get on the ball and make a difference but he chose to hide just as he’s done all season. first touch has deserted him. cant make a 5 ye pass into feet. cant beat his marker. cant cross. but oh it must be his teammates’ fault right? ffs.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:57 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:phil had plenty of opportunities to get on the ball and make a difference but he chose to hide just as he’s done all season. first touch has deserted him. cant make a 5 ye pass into feet. cant beat his marker. cant cross. but oh it must be his teammates’ fault right? ffs.

no he didn't , even in the first half Cancelo spent most of his time dribbling into midfield and only reluctantly gave the ball to phil when there was nothing on and also nothing on for phil. Mahrez got more of the ball , but kept playing back passes . He was worse than Cancelo yesterday .
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby stupot » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:17 pm

zuricity wrote:

Well considering he nearly died of hunger today by not being fed anything and then had to be subbed, i would say Phil should be a bit pissed off with his team mates and rightly so.

If he wasn't bring fed you'd think he'd eagerly swallow the few scraps he had instead of spitting them out I thought he was a disgrace yesterday, worst player by a mile. Grealish was loads better when he came on.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:26 pm

The way players were avoiding passing to him yesterday I felt like it was a deliberate tactic for him to stay wide to distract them and allow cancello to cut in and drive forward with it and then look to the right.

They kept ignoring him when he was in great positions and open.

But then Grealish came on and had more of an impact almost instantly
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:04 pm

All went downhill for Phil when he got that shit neck tattoo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:20 pm

Mase wrote:All went downhill for Phil when he got that shit neck tattoo.

I was his biggest supporter on here but ever since he got his pay rise he’s played safe every single fucking time .

I gave grealish the same shit when he did it so I’ll give Foden the same treatment .

If they cannot put in dangerous balls every single time then they can sit on the bench and watch some other player doing what they cannot do .

Pep has to sort this shit out - we have been shocking longer than I can remember .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum