New Ticketing System

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Ticketing System

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:it will only take 29 seconds !

I don’t want to know about your sex life thanks.

Why have you edited your post from 29 seconds to 20? You didn’t want to disappoint me by overselling yourself?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:53 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
City64 wrote:Arsenal v Wimbledon at the Emirates tomorrow currently 48000 tickets sold .
Anyone getting the picture yet ??????

You can't really compare the two, though: Wimbledon are a London club, and adult tickets are on sale at a tenner each for adults and a fiver for kids - a family of 4 Wimbledon fans can go to the game for £30, plus public transport. That's not the same for Wycombe fans coming to us, who've got massive outlays in transport costs and time to consider.

Having said that, Arsenal seem to do really well with their League Cup attendances, for some reason - they pulled in 58,400 against Norwich in the fourth round a few seasons ago (and 44K against Doncaster the round before), so they're obviously doing something right.

London has a population of 9 million and then you can add the densely populated areas within 30 minutes of all the major train terminals, so you can probably double that.

I know quite a few down the years that go to midweek matches at the Emirates as their kids are fans.

Same when spuds were playing out of Wembley, loads went.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Zezou » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:56 pm

It's not about being smart or thick, it's a faff and it's shit. The site crashing every 2 mins doesn't help but that's a separate thing.

No more days of picking up / giving away spares in the pub before the game... This is the main thing.

Because of this 15 step, plan in advance faff people will leave their seat empty rather than give away their ticket to a fan who wants to go. That needs sorting.
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:15 am

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:it will only take 29 seconds !

I don’t want to know about your sex life thanks.

Why have you edited your post from 29 seconds to 20? You didn’t want to disappoint me by overselling yourself?

You aren’t worth 1 second of anybody’s time but ya never know.
Take care now .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:18 am

Zezou wrote:It's not about being smart or thick, it's a faff and it's shit. The site crashing every 2 mins doesn't help but that's a separate thing.

No more days of picking up / giving away spares in the pub before the game... This is the main thing.

Because of this 15 step, plan in advance faff people will leave their seat empty rather than give away their ticket to a fan who wants to go. That needs sorting.

It is truly shit pal and the cup games have exposed the many flaws in the new ticketing system.
Wasted logic on a couple of inbreds on here though .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:21 am

CTID Hants wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
City64 wrote:Arsenal v Wimbledon at the Emirates tomorrow currently 48000 tickets sold .

You can't really compare the two, though: Wimbledon are a London club, and adult tickets are on sale at a tenner each for adults and a fiver for kids - a family of 4 Wimbledon fans can go to the game for £30, plus public transport. That's not the same for Wycombe fans coming to us, who've got massive outlays in transport costs and time to consider.

Having said that, Arsenal seem to do really well with their League Cup attendances, for some reason - they pulled in 58,400 against Norwich in the fourth round a few seasons ago (and 44K against Doncaster the round before), so they're obviously doing something right.

London has a population of 9 million and then you can add the densely populated areas within 30 minutes of all the major train terminals, so you can probably double that.

I know quite a few down the years that go to midweek matches at the Emirates as their kids are fans.

Same when spuds were playing out of Wembley, loads went.

Plus neutrals who live in the area. My mate (a Dippers fan) lives off Holloway Road, less than a kilometre as the crow flies from the Emirates, and goes to some midweek games when he's at a loose end (I don't think he's been post-COVID, though). He never seems to have a problem getting tickets, so I guess they do end up on open sale.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:27 pm

I must be in a minority. My ticket has worked perfectly every time. Updated on time without issue. I have also transferred my ticket to my eldest lad to go to a game I couldn't make. All went very smoothly.

There is always th hassle of the queues, but they were there with season cards.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:16 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yeah, you’re a negative boring old twat.

Stick to the junior section it’s where you belong you absolute bell end . Totally empty stadium tonight through no fault of the fans and bell ends like you can’t see why . Fucking joke of a poster and scared to fuck of 20 year old showsec employees so you stopped going what a wanker .
Junior section immediately.

Mobile ticketing isn't to blame for City fans not wanting to pay to watch league one opposition on a week night.

What did you blame the low attendances Vs lower league opposition on previously?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:19 pm

Zezou wrote:It's not about being smart or thick, it's a faff and it's shit. The site crashing every 2 mins doesn't help but that's a separate thing.

You can still swap in the pub before hand - you just need the other persons supporter number and then 3 clicks and its sent to them.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:20 pm

City64 wrote:

It is truly shit pal and the cup games have exposed the many flaws in the new ticketing system.

There is literally no difference between league and cup games in how the technology works - it is very simple and efficient.

You just like to whinge and make shit up
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
City64 wrote:

There is literally no difference between league and cup games in how the technology works - it is very simple and efficient.

Yet again another poster on here totally misses the issue and acts like a fucking knob . Site has become unbearable.
Not every city fan has a supporter number they never have done but probably a few thousand used to get tickets off mates and family and seats in the stadium got filled . The new system doesn’t allow this so there is a void so people unable to attend just leave the seat empty . An SC empty seat will still show as sold in the attendance even if no cunt is there so the whole fucking argument is about the stadium needlessly having more empty seats with the new system. Oh and by the way there are plenty of flaws within the technology which are being sorted as the arise .
Fucking plank !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:12 pm

To be fair about all this. I've struggled a few times for a decent Joan.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:47 pm

ruralblue wrote:To be fair about all this. I've struggled a few times for a decent Joan.

Imagine my dilema , watching the match in my jacuzzi on the roof terrace ,on a JOAN ,or watch it on my TV in the living room !!

I was very stressed out deciding what to do , but after some thought I eventually took the jacuzzi -Joan route .

And to think people are complaining about a ticketing issue outside the stadium !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:06 pm

City64 wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
City64 wrote:

Yet again another poster on here totally misses the issue and acts like a fucking knob . Site has become unbearable.
Not every city fan has a supporter number they never have done but probably a few thousand used to get tickets off mates and family and seats in the stadium got filled . The new system doesn’t allow this so there is a void so people unable to attend just leave the seat empty . An SC empty seat will still show as sold in the attendance even if no cunt is there so the whole fucking argument is about the stadium needlessly having more empty seats with the new system. Oh and by the way there are plenty of flaws within the technology which are being sorted as the arise .
Fucking plank !

Just tell them to get a supporter number then, it's not fucking difficult and then you can still get tickets off friends and family. I'm not being a knob, im just stating the obvious, I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand.

Like I say, it's all very simple if you're not deliberately resistant to change, and the only people having issues seme to be those that don't read the instructions properly
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:52 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
City64 wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
City64 wrote:

Fucking plank !

Just tell them to get a supporter number then, it's not fucking difficult and then you can still get tickets off friends and family. I'm not being a knob, im just stating the obvious, I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand.

Like I say, it's all very simple if you're not deliberately resistant to change, and the only people having issues seme to be those that don't read the instructions properly

You totally contradicted yourself well done .
The only thing that has an issue is MCFC football club and it’s many empty seats because of the the ticketing system . Thousands of casual city supporters don’t want a supporter number or want to pay to become a citizen member . People aren’t fucking robots . That group of “fans” used to fill the void / spare ticket take up sold on or given away by SC holders or ticket holders who couldn’t make a game . Not any more so there will be loads of fucking empty seats at every game , UCL and cup games more so .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:31 am

I’m reluctant to comment as it’s been two years since I’ve been over, but I will add as someone who does plenty online last time over was the most difficult ever to get to games. Each “improvement” makes it harder to go for me. Last time I had a supporter number that nobody could retrieve as it had been so long since I went and since I had one couldn’t sign up again. Those who get to go every week likely don’t fully understand how painful it is to get in when it’s been a while.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:14 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I’m reluctant to comment as it’s been two years since I’ve been over, but I will add as someone who does plenty online last time over was the most difficult ever to get to games. Each “improvement” makes it harder to go for me. Last time I had a supporter number that nobody could retrieve as it had been so long since I went and since I had one couldn’t sign up again. Those who get to go every week likely don’t fully understand how painful it is to get in when it’s been a while.

I’m excited to see if 64 will agree with an “overseas couch supporter”. I’m strapped in.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:21 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I’m reluctant to comment as it’s been two years since I’ve been over, but I will add as someone who does plenty online last time over was the most difficult ever to get to games. Each “improvement” makes it harder to go for me. Last time I had a supporter number that nobody could retrieve as it had been so long since I went and since I had one couldn’t sign up again. Those who get to go every week likely don’t fully understand how painful it is to get in when it’s been a while.

I think the "supporter number" issue is something that could be improved on. If you don't know your own number (misplaced or forgotten it), there seems to be little the club can do to retrieve it for you. Compounding that is the fact that many supporter numbers were issued in the days before modern data privacy laws, and I have no idea what info the club is allowed to keep on record from supporters who haven't been for a few years and/or given consent for their supporter number and associated data to be kept on record.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:26 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

I think the "supporter number" issue is something that could be improved on. If you don't know your own number (misplaced or forgotten it), there seems to be little the club can do to retrieve it for you. Compounding that is the fact that many supporter numbers were issued in the days before modern data privacy laws, and I have no idea what info the club is allowed to keep on record from supporters who haven't been for a few years and/or given consent for their supporter number and associated data to be kept on record.

I’ve still got the same supporters number I had since 1996. I forgot it a couple of years ago and just sent an email to the club with my old address and they matched it to my new email. All sorted. The problem is if you’ve moved houses multiple times or changed your details a lot.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:16 am

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I’ve still got the same supporters number I had since 1996. I forgot it a couple of years ago and just sent an email to the club with my old address and they matched it to my new email. All sorted. The problem is if you’ve moved houses multiple times or changed your details a lot.

Yeah, I think I still have the same one from back then (although it might have been the 97/98 season they were introduced). But if you don't go to a game for a few years, I don't know if the club is legally allowed to retain "identifying data" these days (i.e. since May 2018), what with the GDPR and related laws, without your explicit consent. There's bound to be a few in that situation, and the club won't be able to track them down to obtain consent to store the data, especially if they've changed address several times. So your supporter number might still exist, but they're legally unable to associate it with "identifiable data" within a database. Which kind of makes the supporter number redundant for non-regular attendees.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum