kane yes or no [ leaving spurs]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kane yes or no [ leaving spurs]

Postby IanWright » Sat May 22, 2021 8:09 am

I've already had a Sol Campbell moment once in my life. Another of the same ilk might just be too much for my mid-30s heart to take.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat May 22, 2021 9:46 am

IanWright wrote:You could argue that Kane is a big game bottles. He's been in a couple of big FA Cup semi finals (against the Chav c*nts and ManUre) as well as the league cup final this year and the CL final in 2019. He hasn't really performed at that stage (which I always find calling when a player wants to leave for trophies)

It also doesn't take long to change opinion. The nay sayers will be happy to have Kane at City once he wears blue (it's the case with any club). His goalscoring numbers also speak for themselves.

Someone at work suggested the transition from London to Manchester might play on his mind a little but Kyle Walker has done that (as well as the Lesbian and the cunt who went to the swamp) in the past so I don't think that's an issue.

Not forgetting Adebayor, Clichy, Kolo and Sagna. ;)

No to kane from me.

I am sure we haven't bought a striker over the age of 23 since the Sheikh took over. Why would we now? Someone to mould and turn into a superstar is what we will be looking for. And for considerably less than the ludicrous / obscene price they will be looking for.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 23, 2021 11:25 am

please be wrong Cheesy
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dimples » Sun May 23, 2021 11:49 am

johnny crossan wrote:

please be wrong Cheesy

Cheeseman's sources would be excellent.
Looks like we want to do the deal and Kane has made it clear he wants it to happen.
Bottom line is that Kane will improve us significantly from both footballing and non-footballing perspectives.
This is the opposite to a Rodney Marsh transfer, IMO it will bring us trophies.

Just shows how far we have come, how well positioned we are moving forward and what the professionals think of Ollie.
Ten years ago it would be unthinkable that a player like Kane would choose us ahead of the Rags.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun May 23, 2021 12:58 pm

i would still have him, 20 plus goals a season, I rather have him than him going to utd Liverpool or Chelsea because what ever you thing he would improve those teams. fuck that let him come here and get on to the end of kevs balls :D :D :D
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Mase » Sun May 23, 2021 1:04 pm

£100m...I’d rather spend that on Haaland tbh.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun May 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Mase wrote:£100m...I’d rather spend that on Haaland tbh.

Exactly, i wish Cheeseman would shut up. Last thing we need is Harry Kane. If you thought Kun is/ was greedy , not passing when others are in better positions, this guy is worse - even steals goals and does dirty tricks as was highlighted on here some weeks ago ( at Everton ??) - you can bet the refs would pull him up for it - just like those weird yellows the players get when the opposition are allowed all kinds of holes out of out midfield .

CIty are marked by the PL and refs , it doesn't matter who plays for us. Kane will get no advantages playing for City and will bring no advantages.

Besides he's too old for that kind of money.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 23, 2021 1:13 pm

zuricity wrote:

Exactly, i wish Cheeseman would shut up. Last thing we need is Harry Kane. If you thought Kun is/ was greedy , not passing when others are in better positions, this guy is worse - even steals goals and does dirty tricks as was highlighted on here some weeks ago ( at Everton ??) - you can bet the refs would pull him up for it - just like those weird yellows the players get when the opposition are allowed all kinds of holes out of out midfield .

CIty are marked by the PL and refs , it doesn't matter who plays for us. Kane will get no advantages playing for City and will bring no advantages.

Sadly, I think 100 mil will cost just Haaland and his entourage.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 23, 2021 1:23 pm

PeterParker wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Sadly, I think 100 mil will cost just Haaland and his entourage.

Agreed
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 23, 2021 1:28 pm

There was a financial article about how City have binned all our Covid losses into the year just declared, not even adding the Sane fee - which can somehow be binned into the next figures. And big CL fees.

All adds up with some deal with Levy, who has a gentlemans deal with Kane.

Not too sure he's a gentleman though

That's the conspiracy theory
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dimples » Sun May 23, 2021 3:04 pm

Haaland unlikely to move this summer as Dortmund have qualified for the CL.
Take Kane now and line up Haaland for next year?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Starting to look like a done deal
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 23, 2021 3:29 pm

Dimples wrote:Haaland unlikely to move this summer as Dortmund have qualified for the CL.
Take Kane now and line up Haaland for next year?

If we are getting Kane I think the Haaland door will be closed.
Don't like it a bit, but I trust the club.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby ruralblue » Sun May 23, 2021 3:38 pm

Well saved Ed lad
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wooders » Sun May 23, 2021 4:00 pm

I’m up for this to be honest, insanity to suggest he won’t improve us - injuries a key concern, but from a footballing standpoint, no brainer for me, people say about his age, also clamour for fernie to get another year at almost 10 years his senior (I’d love it btw)
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Wooders wrote:I’m up for this to be honest, insanity to suggest he won’t improve us - injuries a key concern, but from a footballing standpoint, no brainer for me, people say about his age, also clamour for fernie to get another year at almost 10 years his senior (I’d love it btw)

Absolutely right

Not sure why there's such resentment against a goalscorer when it's just been shown how much we need one

Seems to me lik Kane, Levy and Klaldoon or Soriano have been working behind the scenes
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Outcast » Sun May 23, 2021 5:28 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Wooders wrote:I’m up for this to be honest, insanity to suggest he won’t improve us - injuries a key concern, but from a footballing standpoint, no brainer for me, people say about his age, also clamour for fernie to get another year at almost 10 years his senior (I’d love it btw)

Absolutely right

Not sure why there's such resentment against a goalscorer when it's just been shown how much we need one

Seems to me lik Kane, Levy and Klaldoon or Soriano have been working behind the scenes

No resentment just prefer Haaland for that fee. I think he'll go to Madrid ehen his release clause activates, if that's the case we should get Kane
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun May 23, 2021 5:48 pm

“Tyler says Aguero told him he’d love to have stayed at City, but the club are set to sign another striker.

The commentator then adds that we probably all know who he means, which follows plenty of speculation recently that Pep Guardiola’s side could swoop for Tottenham striker Harry Kane.“
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Outcast wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Absolutely right

No resentment just prefer Haaland for that fee. I think he'll go to Madrid ehen his release clause activates, if that's the case we should get Kane

I concur. If we dont get rinsed by Levy he would be a good signing for us. But my fear is the price will be exorbitant and I would then feel the money would be better served on a younger guy, ie Haaland
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 23, 2021 5:51 pm

If I didn't chime in here, it's been a yes all day from me for some time.

I'd love to get Haaland, but Kane does offer different abilities that fit Pep's football incredibly well, along with leadership, and won't have to play every game as he has at Spurs.

If we get either I will be more than satisfied.

Also, Kane would allow for Torres and Delap's potential futures to be less blocked.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum