Kevin's role

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kevin's role

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:53 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I have an unpopular opinion, but I think Kevin should play upfront as a second striker or even false 9.
He should never play in the middle, imho, due to his poor lack of defensive role. In his six years here, we've rarely seen him tracking back or defending, an important aspect that leaves our back open.

When he was absent, everyone defended, everyone attacked. Now since he came back, we concede again every week.

I feel like the players dont really like him, he tells them off when he makes a mistake, his body language is poor when things arent going his way. Defo not captain material for me.

Happy to read this, to be honest (well, not happy, but you get the idea) as I have the same impression since I've read that "Let me talk" interview a while back. He is an odd bloke, don't think he has many friends in the squad", I would go as he is disliked, but making him captain was wrong from the start.

Pitch-wise, I don't actually understand what his role is. He looks like he has more of a free role and he had since day one, however, here is the trick, since day one, if he is having a bad, bad day, our whole middle is fucked. Going back in time, I think him coming in 2015, after our fantastic start of the season, broke the rhythm for Pellers

It’s not just the Let Me Talk moment. He did it with Foden this season as well. I can’t find the clip now, but where he’s screaming at Foden - “YOU DON’T LISTEN PHIL!!” It’s been mentioned, the players seem scared of him, and not in the way rag players would be scared of Keane and it would give them the edge. Quite the opposite.

No need to search it, pal. I remember.
It was odd.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:20 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I have an unpopular opinion, but I think Kevin should play upfront as a second striker or even false 9.
He should never play in the middle, imho, due to his poor lack of defensive role. In his six years here, we've rarely seen him tracking back or defending, an important aspect that leaves our back open.

When he was absent, everyone defended, everyone attacked. Now since he came back, we concede again every week.

I feel like the players dont really like him, he tells them off when he makes a mistake, his body language is poor when things arent going his way. Defo not captain material for me.

Happy to read this, to be honest (well, not happy, but you get the idea) as I have the same impression since I've read that "Let me talk" interview a while back. He is an odd bloke, don't think he has many friends in the squad", I would go as he is disliked, but making him captain was wrong from the start.

Pitch-wise, I don't actually understand what his role is. He looks like he has more of a free role and he had since day one, however, here is the trick, since day one, if he is having a bad, bad day, our whole middle is fucked. Going back in time, I think him coming in 2015, after our fantastic start of the season, broke the rhythm for Pellers

It’s not just the Let Me Talk moment. He did it with Foden this season as well. I can’t find the clip now, but where he’s screaming at Foden - “YOU DON’T LISTEN PHIL!!” It’s been mentioned, the players seem scared of him, and not in the way rag players would be scared of Keane and it would give them the edge. Quite the opposite.

Is Pep also scared of him ? It was Pep’s decision to start him today and not to pull him out when it was clear he was in a bad form. Nothing he did in the last 2 matches justifies starting him. He will of course come back to his best, sooner I hope than later but today I can only blame Pep.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:22 pm

30 years old.

Right now playing like he is 45 years old.

Not only is his fitness a worry, he is playing like shit, and his pass success rate is actually worse than Sterling, let that sink in.

Allegedly if the rumors' are true, thinks the team, the Club, revolves around him. Deluded much.

Is holding out to see who we sign first, and how much a week they get, before commiting to the Club only on a £500,000 a week contract.

I think he is in decline.

I would actually sell him.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:26 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
He should never play in the middle, imho, due to his poor lack of defensive role. In his six years here, we've rarely seen him tracking back or defending, an important aspect that lives our back open.

I agree with this. Though for me does track and work hard but he over commits to the press in the wrong areas and allows teams to easily bypass him. Great when you win it but when you don’t he’s out of the game and the team suffer.

Without him the balance was near perfect and everyone knew their role. But we do want him involved as he’s class.

Yep, which is why he should've played false 9. Compromised our midfield again to fit him in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:06 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:30 years old.

Not only is his fitness a worry, he is playing like shit, and his pass success rate is actually worse than Sterling, let that sink in.

Allegedly if the rumors' are true, thinks the team, the Club, revolves around him. Deluded much.

Is holding out to see who we sign first, and how much a week they get, before commiting to the Club only on a £500,000 a week contract.

If true he wants £500k a week then we should not be held to ransom. Even his rumoured £350k a week is more than enough compared with other players. That smacks to me of sheer greed and not in keeping with the squad ethos and team ethos. He is at risk and possibly already alienating his team mates with demands like that. You only have to look at the swamp and see what giving in to DeGea wage demands have done
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:23 pm

He is a great player but no way worth 500k a week! No chance, if he really wants that amount then that changes everything for me and he can indeed move on.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:19 pm

so i want to be sure i have this right...we're fine selling KDB - the best creative midfielder in world football - after a few bad games, but sterling - a pub player for 2 seasons running - should stay? sounds reasonable.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:33 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:30 years old.

Is holding out to see whowe sign first, and how much a week they get, before commiting to the Club only on a £500,000 a week contract.

Where has this come from?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:59 pm

The OTT reactions make this place go around.

That being said he was proper shit and should have been subbed. Thanks he problem for me is when he’s not fully firing and tries the killer ball too much he looks like a young kid going for glory to make an impression, not a seasoned pro on top of his game.

Bernardo and Foden should be starting big games right now and Kev should be getting his fitness back when games are comfortable.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:37 pm

Should be sold ASAP - we play better without him and that’s not a throw away comment - it’s factual .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Should be sold ASAP - we play better without him and that’s not a throw away comment - it’s factual .

It isn't factual. What's factual is he got a record assists last year of 20 and he's already got 11 this season.
What's also factual is he has been shit since he came back from injury so he shouldn't be playing automatically but it's crazy to want to sell our best players.He was playing well for a large part of the unbeaten run, gets injured and Bernardo comes in seamlessly. That's why we're top by so much because of the depth of the squad.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:58 am

Put him up front instead of Jesus - easy, then sub him with Torres at half time (or earlier if he's not running about enough or mouthing off at Foden) time for the traditional approach to such problems methinks
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:13 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Should be sold ASAP - we play better without him and that’s not a throw away comment - it’s factual .

Haha Carl you know better than that. Let’s not get it twisted he put two on a plate on Sunday, just give that time to sink in. We missed two chances from a yard out and a header from 4 yards. Big game fine margins. Yes had a mare by his standards, gave the ball away but for an hour imo he tried to hard and forced it His standards are beyond belief. Imagine a normal forward he gets 40 a season with him. I am not saying give him 500 grand. Kane or Haaland are joining him not seeing him leave, I think he may choose to go if he is chasing more money or a last big deal and we see him behind a new signing. Back to the misses I have to accept Sterling has not moved forward enough, his misses were the same in the League cup final v the scousers harder to miss.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Kevin De Bruyne:
"I don't feel anything on the left side, like after a visit to the dentist. My nerve is very badly affected, which could take six months. It's not a comfortable feeling, the most important thing is that I can play. The last two months have been up and down for me with minor injuries. After that fracture in the nose and eye socket, it was a bit of a wait. But luckily I came back in the fastest way. There was very good intensity for half an hour, then I felt it. But I'm glad I was able to play. My performance was okay. In the duels I am sometimes afraid to put my head in it, but that's normal. I'm glad I could help the team, but am I ready to play ninety minutes? No idea. We have to wait and see how my body reacts and then we'll see after Finland. We are already qualified, so we can see how my body reacts."

Now this annoys me.
He is clearly fucked and needs recovery, still he plays and risks a bigger injury. If that happens who will compensate us? UEFA? Him?

I understand he wants to win a competition like this one, but we are the ones paying his wages.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:29 pm

agree and he is not even wearing a face mask. wtf?? seems like gross negligence on the part of his doctors, the belgian NT, and our own medical team (assuming they have any say in the matter), not to mention that shitbag martinez, who will happily run him into the ground for the sake of a mickey mouse competition.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 pm

what sort of a fucking fracture is it that needs no protection? Where's the Phantom of the Opera shit?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Kevin De Bruyne:
"I don't feel anything on the left side, like after a visit to the dentist. My nerve is very badly affected, which could take six months. It's not a comfortable feeling, the most important thing is that I can play. The last two months have been up and down for me with minor injuries. After that fracture in the nose and eye socket, it was a bit of a wait. But luckily I came back in the fastest way. There was very good intensity for half an hour, then I felt it. But I'm glad I was able to play. My performance was okay. In the duels I am sometimes afraid to put my head in it, but that's normal. I'm glad I could help the team, but am I ready to play ninety minutes? No idea. We have to wait and see how my body reacts and then we'll see after Finland. We are already qualified, so we can see how my body reacts."

Now this annoys me.
He is clearly fucked and needs recovery, still he plays and risks a bigger injury. If that happens who will compensate us? UEFA? Him?

I understand he wants to win a competition like this one, but we are the ones paying his wages.

Not to worry, mate, some see him as surplus to requirement and slowing the team down so they can thrash him for all some care.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:53 am

Again, an idiot:

Kevin De Bruyne :"I played the five days after Portugal with a torn ankle ligament. It was a miracle that I was ready for the match. I tried to help the team, but it just wasn't enough.. "
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:06 pm

PeterParker wrote:Again, an idiot:

Kevin De Bruyne :"I played the five days after Portugal with a torn ankle ligament. It was a miracle that I was ready for the match. I tried to help the team, but it just wasn't enough.. "

Give over will you, I don't know about you but when I were lad, all I ever dreamt of was playing for England. Every boys dream that I know of too, that is why we still watch these tournaments.

Ask any professional footballer, who has had the privilege of playing for their country and most if not all of them will tell you it is the pinnacle of their career.

Players who played for England youth that go on to be Pro's yet don't get selected by the senior national team will wear the badge of honour of playing U-17 or whatever.

Even the most egotistical of cunts Ibrahimović talks of how proud he was to represent Sweden.

The clubs including ours understand it that it is the thing they want and don't interfere with it.

This whole "we pay his fucking wages is" utter horse shit, self entitlement beyond belief by fans.
Kevin isn't the first player taking a risk to help his country and he most definitely won't be the last.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:14 pm

He had a torn ligament mate. We’re not talking about a slight knock. He could have made it worse or damaged other areas around the ligaments and been out the whole of next season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum