Kevin's role

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kevin's role

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Mase wrote:He had a torn ligament mate. We’re not talking about a slight knock. He could have made it worse or damaged other areas around the ligaments and been out the whole of next season.

It doesn't alter the fact he wood do it again if he felt he needed to, like any player at a tournament, they are there to win it, even if that means taking a calculated risk.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:27 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Again, an idiot:

Kevin De Bruyne :"I played the five days after Portugal with a torn ankle ligament. It was a miracle that I was ready for the match. I tried to help the team, but it just wasn't enough.. "

Give over will you, I don't know about you but when I were lad, all I ever dreamt of was playing for England. Every boys dream that I know of too, that is why we still watch these tournaments.

Again, like Mase said, he had a torn ligament, not a knock.
Here is what he also said before the tournament: I don't feel anything on the left side, like after a visit to the dentist. My nerve is very badly affected, which could take six months.

Is not about playing for his country and we are paying his wages, even if I think that is a valid argument these years, but it is about he sounds stupid. He doesn't think that shit like this can end a career and then what?

I love old-school football, but we passed that time, City is paying his wages and made him the best ever paid player we ever had. So if he would have gotten a long term injury because he did not protect himself I would be fuming, yes.

Also, he is our captain (not counting Fern) we need him fit because it will be a difficult season, not desperate to play for the national team and win fuckall.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Again, an idiot:

Kevin De Bruyne :"I played the five days after Portugal with a torn ankle ligament. It was a miracle that I was ready for the match. I tried to help the team, but it just wasn't enough.. "

Give over will you, I don't know about you but when I were lad, all I ever dreamt of was playing for England. Every boys dream that I know of too, that is why we still watch these tournaments.

Again, like Mase said, he had a torn ligament, not a knock.
Here is what he also said before the tournament: I don't feel anything on the left side, like after a visit to the dentist. My nerve is very badly affected, which could take six months.

Is not about playing for his country and we are paying his wages, even if I think that is a valid argument these years, but it is about he sounds stupid. He doesn't think that shit like this can end a career and then what?

I love old-school football, but we passed that time, City is paying his wages and made him the best ever paid player we ever had. So if he would have gotten a long term injury because he did not protect himself I would be fuming, yes.

Also, he is our captain (not counting Fern) we need him fit because it will be a difficult season, not desperate to play for the national team and win fuckall.

Like all players they think about the now, all they want to do is play football now, they don't think long term (mainly because they are privileged enough not to have to worry about money)

He'll be there at Wembley on the 7th August, ready to go.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum