Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:20 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:Hmmm didnt like his behaviour after the 2nd penalty, cunty.

injury prone style really.

He should fit perfectly here.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:27 pm

PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:Hmmm didnt like his behaviour after the 2nd penalty, cunty.

injury prone style really.

He should fit perfectly here.

The second goal that wasnt a goal, he was a beast for that, and great finish.
But he looks a little immature.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Considering how well we are playing with a false 9 over the last 3/4 months, in all honesty is paying £100M or somewhere in that region, good business to potentially disrupt the flow and harmony of a serial winning side?

Who would we drop? Seriously
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:Considering how well we are playing with a false 9 over the last 3/4 months, in all honesty is paying £100M or somewhere in that region, good business to potentially disrupt the flow and harmony of a serial winning side?

Sterling.

Joke aside, what the squad is missing is a serial ”converter” someone who will score when it's needed.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby aaron bond » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:52 am

nottsblue wrote:Considering how well we are playing with a false 9 over the last 3/4 months, in all honesty is paying £100M or somewhere in that region, good business to potentially disrupt the flow and harmony of a serial winning side?

We’re playing well like that now but eventually teams will work us out and we’ll have to change our style of play again.

We have to continually evolve otherwise we’ll fall behind (like we did last season and at the beginning of this season).

Jesus is not the player to replace Aguero long-term so we will need to bring in someone new.

As we get closer to the end of the season, it would be nice if Delap could get some minutes in league games so we can get a glimpse of how he performs at a higher level.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:12 am

Jesus will never bring the volume of goals that we have seen from Sergio but to be fair, very few would. I've hardly seen Haaland but his stats albeit in a one-horse team are decent enough.
Problem i see coming is that we have evolved into the false 9 and this gets the best out of the team. If we stick a true striker into that, who do we sacrifice - as we have seen, it will not be KDB so then its gundo, bernie or Foden and that means we lose creativity .
Nice problem to have but we will be in for a striker in the summer
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:19 am

salford city wrote:Jesus will never bring the volume of goals that we have seen from Sergio but to be fair, very few would. I've hardly seen Haaland but his stats albeit in a one-horse team are decent enough.
Problem i see coming is that we have evolved into the false 9 and this gets the best out of the team. If we stick a true striker into that, who do we sacrifice - as we have seen, it will not be KDB so then its gundo, bernie or Foden and that means we lose creativity .

It’s not that tough of a question for me. Not trying to be a dick but honestly playing a false 9 one game and Haaland the next is better than swapping between a striker and a less good striker.

We play 60 odd games and goals win games. This to be is similar to when people assumed we didn’t need to replace Vinny as we had Stones, Laporte and Otter with Fern as back up.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:19 am

If you want to win the tough tight games. You NEED a top striker, a clinical finisher.
If anyone needs proof please refer to the recent derby, where we couldnt hit a barn door with a bango.
Just get Haaland he is a beast.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 am

sheblue wrote:If you want to win the tough tight games. You NEED a top striker, a clinical finisher.
If anyone needs proof please refer to the recent derby, where we couldnt hit a barn door with a bango.

This. Plus Pep is here for two more seasons. We need to think beyond him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:45 am

salford city wrote:Jesus will never bring the volume of goals that we have seen from Sergio but to be fair, very few would. I've hardly seen Haaland but his stats albeit in a one-horse team are decent enough.

IMO If Messi was our false 9 we would win the CL and defend it, Messi will easily play another 2-4 years, Haaland is the future, Judging Messi v a very good PSG he is the best player on the planet, will take us to another level. Pep will not want to give up the ball if anything more possession. Big decision. Haaland is an out and out 9, is that no longer required, other than Kane who is dropping into a 10 role. is it over for the likes of a Sergio under a coach like Pep.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:49 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:If you want to win the tough tight games. You NEED a top striker, a clinical finisher.

Pep also said don't think to far ahead it never works next game, 2 years is a long time.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Pep also said don't think to far ahead it never works next game, 2 years is a long time.

IF Messi is available and not just angling to get himself another pay day from Farca, then we will be in for him. That will not distract us from looking for another striker IMO
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:06 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Sorry Hazy but we need to plan for the future when it comes to players. If not, we’ll end up paying over the odds for an average striker in 2 years time. The club employee people to plan ahead, and rightly so.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby littlebig » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am

Not sure about this deal. The lad sounds like a generational talent but if he disrupts our wage structure then I’d say it’s not worth it. We have great harmony in the squad and nobody is a billy big balls. This is important.

I’d make him a reasonable offer and if he goes for it great but be prepared to walk away.

Our signings have been very good under Txiki (generally) so I’d trust him. We’ve made some really good signings who sit just under the superstar level eg Dias, B Silva
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:42 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Sorry Hazy but we need to plan for the future when it comes to players. If not, we’ll end up paying over the odds for an average striker in 2 years time. The club employee people to plan ahead, and rightly so.

Our club is ahead of the game Mase. Look no further than the scousers for resting on boom boom football. Pep will dictate the future which I honestly think is the next game. Watch the Netflix thing on Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. Planning for the future how that shit work out !!!!!!!!! Next game next next win Period, Quote Jordan they still planning. Pep is in complete control and who says he does not extend again.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Yeah I agree with mostly what you’re saying, but playing the next game and transfers are two totally different things. We need to plan for the future. Haaland is 20 (I think). Whoever buys him could have 10+ years of him and if he carries on with his goals, what an incredible 10+ years he’ll have. Pep won’t be here in 5 years time, let alone 10.

When Pellers was manager we were planning ahead for Pep’s arrival. The club are always thinking to the future.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Don't need him, we've got Doyle.

<removes tongue from cheek>
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Outcast » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:38 pm

littlebig wrote:Not sure about this deal. The lad sounds like a generational talent but if he disrupts our wage structure then I’d say it’s not worth it. We have great harmony in the squad and nobody is a billy big balls. This is important.

I’d make him a reasonable offer and if he goes for it great but be prepared to walk away.

Our signings have been very good under Txiki (generally) so I’d trust him. We’ve made some really good signings who sit just under the superstar level eg Dias, B Silva

KDB on course to shatter that structure - Maybe we can make exceptions for certain individuals?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Outcast wrote:
littlebig wrote:Not sure about this deal. The lad sounds like a generational talent but if he disrupts our wage structure then I’d say it’s not worth it. We have great harmony in the squad and nobody is a billy big balls. This is important.

KDB on course to shatter that structure - Maybe we can make exceptions for certain individuals?

I'd argue KDB has earned his payday. Been here 6 years now, 250 odd games. Been the PLs best player for a while.

Haaland undoubtedly is a huge prospect but is young and hasnt been proven in the PL yet, but more importantly he has still to pay his dues
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:

I'd argue KDB has earned his payday. Been here 6 years now, 250 odd games. Been the PLs best player for a while.

Haaland undoubtedly is a huge prospect but is young and hasnt been proven in the PL yet, but more importantly he has still to pay his dues

I think the same plus he tried the 9 with Zlatan and we know how that worked out, false 9 as you said earlier gives us dominance, I have a gut feeling it’s Messi for Pep, Even Foden in the future?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum