Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:58 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Nick wrote:Interesting from pep

Sancho dig ?

But he did say: "Dortmund have experience - Witsel, Guereirro, Sancho, Reyna, they invest in good young players with wages and salaries for agents. They have a lot of quality.

Looks like it.

Sancho forced his way out 4 years ago.
Since then he has won 1 cup in Germany.
Foden, in the same time frame, had won 2 Pls, 1 FA cup,
3 EFLs and 2 charity shields. Most likely will add to that this season.
To that you can add a football education that is unreal - tactics, skill sets, attitude, winning mentality, etc...

Does anyone still think that Sancho made the correct decision to leave?

I don't see the Sancho situation like that at all. Young players need to play in order to improve. We couldn't promise him playing time. Dortmund could. Our mistake was hanging onto that clown Sane too long as he was blocking way for Sancho.

Sane didnt block Sancho. He was only here a year before sancho left and looked promising in that season before going on to have a great season. We had room for them all. Sancho should have been one of the four wide players we had but instead we chased Alexis Sanchez so i cant blame Sancho for leaving. Worked out well for everyone in the end, sometimes things like that happen and its no ones fault.

Point was that he seeked assurances of first team football which we didn't give. Sane was part of that thing as admittedly was whole Sanchez mess. But you can't fault the lad, that was my point. They only have one career and sitting on the bench takes you nowhere at that tender age. We offered him tons of money so it wasn't about that. And to be fair, I think we tried to get him back when we ended up getting Torres.

Oh, and yes, I think Sancho made correct decision to leave. Completely different thing to some senior player leaving and mouthing off about going to place X "to win trophies".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Outcast » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:59 am

http://sportwitness.co.uk/manchester-ci ... mund-draw/

I'd buy Haaland just to piss off these Krauts
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:04 am

Outcast wrote:http://sportwitness.co.uk/manchester-city-cheat-sheikh-city-profiled-germany-borussia-dortmund-draw/

Moaning that we developed Sancho and Reyna (at NYC) for them? Just because they bend over like absolute bitches for Bayern, doesn’t mean we all have to.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john68 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:17 am

If the reportage of those accusations are true, there could be enough in them for City to take legal action and humiliate the person who made them, whether that be the Dortmund club, the news outlet that published it or the journo that wrote it.
Having made a successful stance against UeFA at CAS, I think the club thought that proving their innocence should be the end of the matter, but no.

I would think that if City started to take legal action against persons or organisations that permeate lies and allegations against the club, it would have a deterrent effect that would at least diminish it, by the fear of being sued and publicly humiliated in the way that UeFA were.
I can't see UeFA having another go, no matter how hard those corrupt self honoured corrupt old order push UeFA to do their dirty business for them.

It would also seem a perfect extra motivational factor for City to hump the arse of Dortmund...then Bayern, who have always been in the lead with their gobshite pronouncements against City.

Let Haarland see that City is not just one step up but a while flight of stairs ahead of the rest.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Outcast » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:57 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:http://sportwitness.co.uk/manchester-city-cheat-sheikh-city-profiled-germany-borussia-dortmund-draw/

Moaning that we developed Sancho and Reyna (at NYC) for them? Just because they bend over like absolute bitches for Bayern, doesn’t mean we all have to.

Someone needs to tell these Krauts it wasn't the sheikh who murdered millions of innocent Europeans, let's remind them of history seeing they're obsessed with it ...
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm

Outcast wrote:Someone needs to tell these Krauts it wasn't the sheikh who murdered millions of innocent Europeans, let's remind them of history seeing they're obsessed with it ...
hardly any of them agreed with it at the time apparently....surprised Hitler got an army together
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dimples » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:02 am

According to German journalist Christian Falk, if Dortmund qualify for CL 21/22 then Haaland stays put for another year.
Sancho is on the move regardless.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:03 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Someone needs to tell these Krauts it wasn't the sheikh who murdered millions of innocent Europeans, let's remind them of history seeing they're obsessed with it ...

You mean the Sheikh that owns more that 25 percent of Daimler Benz, for a start ,never mind his other heavy investments in Germany ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:12 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:I remember all the talk about the fee for Sterling aged 21, then the biggest transfer fee for an english player, and even after all our big money signings it seemed obscene. At the time the level heads were saying that it was a no-brainer transfer as you would never 'not' get your money back, and by the time they are 27-28 you have had majority of a career out of them and will still sell for the same if not more than you paid.

I've never seen Haaland play, but if he's as good as everyone says then using the same logic it's hard to see how paying a big fee for a once in a generation player at 21, can be seen as a bad investment no matter what he costs. On a tactical level having someone up front with a bit of height could be a game changer with our wing and fullback play.

One big difference between Sterling and Haaland is their nationality. There was something the Secret Footballer wrote about the value of a player who is capped by Ireland vs. a player capped by England, and how it will affect their career earnings (due to sponsorship, marketability, etc.). The story related to a player who, at the time I read it, I assumed was Declan Rice, but Googling it now, rumours are that it was in reference to Bristol City player Callum O'Dowda.

In spite of that, though, I think he's worth going all-out for as a once in a generation talent. Yes, it's unlikely he'll ever get into the knock-out stages of a World Cup (although Messi has only made it past the Quarter Finals once in his career - the same amount of times as Jordan Pickford), but I think that club football is totally overshadowing international football these days; a trend that will be accelerated by coronavirus and the re-scheduling of the Qatar WC outside of its summer slot.

Never crossed my mind to be honest, such is the dominance of club football I never really give nationality a second thought. But I suspect when you are one of the top lads at a top club, it doesn't really matter re: career earnings. I assume Gareth Bale or Ryan Giggs didn't lost out too badly for being Welsh, though I expect united and real respectively would have made more moeny out of them if they were South American
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:22 am

Absolute massive dummy spit after Dortmund drew with Koeln. Threw the shirt on the floor, calling his team mates name, rant rant nag nag . . . stomped off to the shed.

SERIOUS issues about this guys temperament & how he'll fit in here.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:26 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Absolute massive dummy spit after Dortmund drew with Koeln. Threw the shirt on the floor, calling his team mates name, rant rant nag nag . . . stomped off to the shed.

But does he have an allergy to grass and when he plays he is fucking class?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:34 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Absolute massive dummy spit after Dortmund drew with Koeln. Threw the shirt on the floor, calling his team mates name, rant rant nag nag . . . stomped off to the shed.

Not sure where you heard he threw his shirt on the floor mate, but that’s incorrect. An opposition player asked him for his shirt as he was walking off and he tossed it to him.

5:23 on here-

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:58 am

Seems a bit of a dick
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby stupot » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:55 am

Apparently Dortmund are quoting over 150 million pounds for him to go this summer.
Next summer a 65 mill release clause kicks in.
If they play hard ball like they did with the rags over Sancho I reckon he'll stay there another year.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:04 am

stupot wrote:Apparently Dortmund are quoting over 150 million pounds for him to go this summer.
If they play hard ball like they did with the rags over Sancho I reckon he'll stay there another year.

We will never pay that kind of money for anyone nor break the salary cap either.

Id rather not buy him if those demands are true.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:25 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:Apparently Dortmund are quoting over 150 million pounds for him to go this summer.

We will never pay that kind of money for anyone nor break the salary cap either.

Fair play to them for this business model and sticking to their guns if the reported figures are true. Doubt anyone knowing this would look to take him this summer when the fee drops to below half next summer - we definitely would not pay that
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fair play to them for this business model and sticking to their guns if the reported figures are true. Doubt anyone knowing this would look to take him this summer when the fee drops to below half next summer - we definitely would not pay that

A lot of money, I think to get him we will have to go beyond the others. If it’s 80 90 mill even 100 it brings 3or 4 others into the mix. 120 and waive the Sancho money. We are used to Sergios goals ok not this year, but this is the shirt seller for a decade to go with FODEN. That gives us The super Star names, a magnet for others. A statement signing.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:38 am

And now we know why Uefa are getting rid of FFP :lol: All set up for Barca or Real to carry on their ridiculous spending.

If it’s £150m move on. I’ve said all along I’d be happy with Martínez at Inter. Would prefer Haaland, but Martínez would score a shed load in this team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:45 am

Mase wrote:And now we know why Uefa are getting rid of FFP :lol: All set up for Barca or Real to carry on their ridiculous spending.

If it’s £150m move on. I’ve said all along I’d be happy with Martínez at Inter. Would prefer Haaland, but Martínez would score a shed load in this team.

Barca and RM as well as one or two Italian clubs that are in financial shit is EXACTLY why FFP is being binned.

Its so fuckign obvious isn't it!!

Anyway - we beat their system and we are the best team in the world ....FACT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:46 am

Mase wrote:And now we know why Uefa are getting rid of FFP :lol: All set up for Barca or Real to carry on their ridiculous spending.

Can't see Real getting him, the ex president was on Talksport saying they can't afford Kane.

Haaland will still be only 21 next summer.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum