Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:08 am

Where's this diva label with MBappe come from? I tried asking my eldest who knows more about these players than I do and he had no clue either. All he ever seems to talk about is committing his life to football and all that jazz.

As much as I'd like it to happen, he is truly a generational talent, it's not though because of the UAE connection AND because we will not be spending the kind of money they want for him. But he'd be the Aguero replacement we all yearn for and possibly more.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby branny » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 pm

Christian Falk reporting in BILD that we are favourites to sign him but Dortmund don't want to sell until 2022.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:27 pm

I am really starting to wonder whether we need someone who will cost north of £100M and who will at 20 be our highest paid player. I can’t help but notice that since November our squad has been so together, fighting for each other, hunting and pressing in packs and taking immense joy in each other’s performances. They all have each other’s six.

Bringing in someone to be our record signing and wage earner for someone so young could very easily create disharmony in the squad. It isn’t something we have done before in a big way since Robinho and I just wonder whether that experience has put off the powers that be from going full balls out on a signing since then. John68 alluded to the notion that the squad is all encompassing with no prima donnas in it, though KDB on the outside looks to push those boundaries.

I think unless we can get him for a silly price due to Corona, say somewhere in the region of £70-80M then we aren’t going to be doing business.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby branny » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:06 am

Ladyman in the Mail saying that we're clear frontrunners for Haaland according to "credible sources". He also says that interest in Messi is still alive and Grealish is again being linked although the least likely to happen because of our existing options. Maybe its people jumping to the wrong conclusions after he cited KDB as his favourite player. That would be some window.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Outcast » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:I am really starting to wonder whether we need someone who will cost north of £100M and who will at 20 be our highest paid player. I can’t help but notice that since November our squad has been so together, fighting for each other, hunting and pressing in packs and taking immense joy in each other’s performances. They all have each other’s six.

Bringing in someone to be our record signing and wage earner for someone so young could very easily create disharmony in the squad. It isn’t something we have done before in a big way since Robinho and I just wonder whether that experience has put off the powers that be from going full balls out on a signing since then. John68 alluded to the notion that the squad is all encompassing with no prima donnas in it, though KDB on the outside looks to push those boundaries.

I think unless we can get him for a silly price due to Corona, say somewhere in the region of £70-80M then we aren’t going to be doing business.

Our sell on clause for Sancho should reduce it by around 20m. We might be able to get him for 90m. He might be sound personality wise, we don't know that, that's down to our recruitment team to do their homework. His agent on the other hand....
It's a big gamble to let him go to a premier League rival. The Robinho saga was at a different era, we were desperate to make a statement signing to propel us into the big stage. we've come a long way from those kind of signings, we have a solid structure in place.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:41 pm

He is ripping Bayern apart.

Double in 8 minutes.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:13 pm

Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I am really starting to wonder whether we need someone who will cost north of £100M and who will at 20 be our highest paid player. I can’t help but notice that since November our squad has been so together, fighting for each other, hunting and pressing in packs and taking immense joy in each other’s performances. They all have each other’s six.

Our sell on clause for Sancho should reduce it by around 20m. We might be able to get him for 90m. He might be sound personality wise, we don't know that, that's down to our recruitment team to do their homework. His agent on the other hand....
It's a big gamble to let him go to a premier League rival. The Robinho saga was at a different era, we were desperate to make a statement signing to propel us into the big stage. we've come a long way from those kind of signings, we have a solid structure in place.

He's got an €83 million release clause that kicks in next year, from what I've read. To annul that, they'll have to offer him a new contract this summer, which would have to include serious, serious wages, possibly beyond what they'd be able to afford unless they can offload Reus, who'll turn 32 at the end of the season, or Hummels, who is already 32 and will be entering the final year of his contract.

My view is, Dortmund will either try to offload one or both of those two, or try to get mega bucks for Haaland in this window. That could be to the advantage of potential buyers, as (agent antics aside) it could leave more room for maneuvre in terms of wage package/structure when contract terms are discussed.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:05 pm

I suspect whether Dortmund sell will depend on whether they qualify for next year's CL, it's likely to be touch and go.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:I suspect whether Dortmund sell will depend on whether they qualify for next year's CL, it's likely to be touch and go.

Dont watch a lot of the German league, but looking at the table I would imagine they are still good enough to get 3rd or 4th place and get into CL.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:50 pm

sheblue wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:I suspect whether Dortmund sell will depend on whether they qualify for next year's CL, it's likely to be touch and go.

Dont watch a lot of the German league, but looking at the table I would imagine they are still good enough to get 3rd or 4th place and get into CL.

Agree, but when you score 2 in 8 minutes against Bayern, but then your team implodes, you start to wonder.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:53 am

Mbappe ; 600k/week. Forget it.
IF we can fit Haaland into our wage structure, then , maybe. Otherwise . . .
Lacazette. Proven EPL goalscorer . Last year of contract, so cheap. 29, so we'll get 2-3 seasons out of him.
Bamford. See above, but 27.
Calvert-Lewin , similar.
Any of those three , plus Jesus & keep Kun for another year, see how Delap develops.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby salford city » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:00 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Mbappe ; 600k/week. Forget it.
Lacazette. Proven EPL goalscorer . Last year of contract, so cheap. 29, so we'll get 2-3 seasons out of him.
Calvert-Lewin , similar.
Any of those three , plus Jesus & keep Kun for another year, see how Delap develops.

The last thing we need is to bring in another frenchman for mendy to play with. Talented no doubt but we have got to be aiming a bit higher than this list. No way Kun is staying so we have got to get this decision right. One thing is certain though, it will not be at the expense of squad harmony and wage structure
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:08 am

If Sunday was not ok we need a killer up front, even if we are below par, a forward does not miss tap ins. The penny has to have dropped. Great lads Jesus and Raheem but ruthless enough, sadly not.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby stupot » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:22 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Mbappe ; 600k/week. Forget it.
Calvert-Lewin , similar.

Lacazette is nearly 30 and has less Prem goals than Jesus.
Bamfords finishing last night was as bad as Sterling's at his worst.
Calvert Lewin is certainly no upgrade on Jesus.
It's got to be Haaland, scores for fun- does it in the big games and with the fun going on in Spain there's not many other teams who could rival us for him.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:31 pm

Lewdowski back to Dortmund 2022 Haaland to the German Rags.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:32 pm

I still don't understand why we didn't try to sign him when he was at Salzburg or Molde.

I am certain we were monitoring him, so why we didn't make a move earlier?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:46 pm

Scored again tonight
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:Scored again tonight

Watch on youtube.com

sleeping lonely again??
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Hmmm didnt like his behaviour after the 2nd penalty, cunty.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:19 pm

sheblue wrote:Hmmm didnt like his behaviour after the 2nd penalty, cunty.

First time I've watched him closely - exciting but very gangly and playing without much restraint - injury prone style really.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum