Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Seen a few pics of haaland in city tops etc, considering he has liver in manchester, we are one of if not the best team and club in the world, we desperately need a player in his position and we are one of the only clubs who can afford him...it seems like the most obvious and easiest transfer of all time!

You'd think wouldn't but as I tell my lad, "if it looks too good to be true, it invariably is"

As much as I want to dream every night about it until actually happens, the city cynic in me won't allow it :roll: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:17 am

Dubciteh wrote:Seen a few pics of haaland in city tops etc, considering he has liver in manchester, we are one of if not the best team and club in the world, we desperately need a player in his position and we are one of the only clubs who can afford him...it seems like the most obvious and easiest transfer of all time!

His agent, who we are told has considerable influence, wont give a toss about your last sentence.
There will be nothing easy about this one!!
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:28 am

The player will choose his next club. Agent gets it done. If we have a green light from the player his family we will be all in, if not I do not see us being played by the agent. Dortmund will be the easy bit, agree a fee crack on. The agent like Yaya’s is a problem.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 am

Hazy2 wrote:The player will choose his next club. Agent gets it done. If we have a green light from the player his family we will be all in, if not I do not see us being played by the agent. Dortmund will be the easy bit, agree a fee crack on. The agent like Yaya’s is a problem.

This for me too. Haaland, do you want to come yes, the fee Dortmund want is?, agree or disagree and move on. The agent will try to hawk him around but if we meet Dortmund's asking price we should be in the box seat. I dont see us not getting this done without a viable alternative as it is clear we need to replace the man, the legend that is Kun
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:41 pm

He's not going to come. Netiher is Mbappe. Or Joao Felix. They are just out of the bracket where we do our shopping. We have never ever touched these "close to world transfer fee record" players and probably never will. We are going to buy a new striker but it's going to be in that 50m to 80m group. Probably either some young gun who fits Pep's system or more likely someone like Lautaro Martinez who could JUST fit that window.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He's not going to come. Netiher is Mbappe. Or Joao Felix. They are just out of the bracket where we do our shopping. We have never ever touched these "close to world transfer fee record" players and probably never will. We are going to buy a new striker but it's going to be in that 50m to 80m group. Probably either some young gun who fits Pep's system or more likely someone like Lautaro Martinez who could JUST fit that window.

The Sancho sell on fee could be of use in the initial dealings with Dortmund. If it’s an auction I suspect we are out of the running. I hope not, we add him it could be another game changer.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He's not going to come. Netiher is Mbappe. Or Joao Felix. They are just out of the bracket where we do our shopping. We have never ever touched these "close to world transfer fee record" players and probably never will. We are going to buy a new striker but it's going to be in that 50m to 80m group. Probably either some young gun who fits Pep's system or more likely someone like Lautaro Martinez who could JUST fit that window.

The Sancho sell on fee could be of use in the initial dealings with Dortmund. If it’s an auction I suspect we are out of the running. I hope not, we add him it could be another game changer.

I think it WILL be auction and we've shown many times in the past that we simply don't participate on those.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I think it WILL be auction and we've shown many times in the past that we simply don't participate on those.

We may have to toe the line here. If we want a top striker we will have to pay top dollar.
And we need one badly.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:35 pm

sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

We may have to toe the line here. If we want a top striker we will have to pay top dollar.
And we need one badly.

Perhaps so but I think people are setting themselves up for a disappointment here.

I'm pretty sure it will be "smaller" name and someone they believe can be trained up to the system.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 pm

sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

And we need one badly.

Not necessarily true.
As NQPD posted, City opted out of previous auctions and have never looked at signing that media hyped, overpriced World superstars.

And to be fair, that system has worked pretty well for us. trophy after trophy, We are light years ahead of our domestic rivals.
The most important part is that our players don't seem to have a personal ego. The ego is the team.

For football reasons, playing for City is a priviledge and they should want to come. If they are getting arsey about money and conditions, they lose that priviledge.

If Haarland wants to come to Cityto play football...Welcome.
If he wants to come to City for any other reason, financial or otherwise, he can fuck off.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Outcast » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:25 pm

john68 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

And we need one badly.

Not necessarily true.
As NQPD posted, City opted out of previous auctions and have never looked at signing that media hyped, overpriced World superstars.

And to be fair, that system has worked pretty well for us. trophy after trophy, We are light years ahead of our domestic rivals.
The most important part is that our players don't seem to have a personal ego. The ego is the team.

For football reasons, playing for City is a priviledge and they should want to come. If they are getting arsey about money and conditions, they lose that priviledge.

If Haarland wants to come to Cityto play football...Welcome.
If he wants to come to City for any other reason, financial or otherwise, he can fuck off.

I agree and disagree, Haaland is special talent, we have to go the extra mile to land him, top strikers are scarce and in high demand. Missing out on midfielder or a defender can always find an alternative, but a striker in his calibre and proven one is tricky. We could gamble on unknow talent, however we're not after another Jesus.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:57 pm

well we beat our rivals to leroy sane and KDB. both were pretty big stars before we signed them. the key was that those players wanted to come. if haaland wants to come, i could see us pushing the boat out for him. probably wont happen but i wouldnt rule it out.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby patrickblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 pm

While I completely agree that City don't go for the hyped up so called superstars, and that certainly applies to Mbappe.
I do think Haaland is a different kettle of fish though, and is a distinct possibility.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:50 pm

Would he fit?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:57 pm

I would say our chances of signing him are 50/50.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Whassat » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:58 pm

I think he is going to be too expensive. Honestly I think we are more likely to land Alexander Isak than Haaland.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby Dimples » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:00 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Would he fit?

Yes in the same way Kun fits.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:54 am

There's also that.
Doesn't look like Pep type of player AT ALL.

Now Mbappe does.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:58 am

There's also that.

Now Mbappe does.

As a player, I would agree wholeheartedly with that, but not sure his personality fits.
Personality or how he fits in with squad seems to be a important factor in this City squad.
We seem to have a close group who are mutually supportive and who have accepted a team ego rather than a personal one.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:24 am

john68 wrote:

There's also that.

Now Mbappe does.

As a player, I would agree wholeheartedly with that, but not sure his personality fits.
Personality or how he fits in with squad seems to be a important factor in this City squad.
We seem to have a close group who are mutually supportive and who have accepted a team ego rather than a personal one.

Much as id liove Mbop, the fact that he is at PSG rules him out of joing our ADUG project . No way the owners would sanction this to us
Add that to John's post and it will sadly be a No.
Have not seen any diva-like activity with Haaland so im more confident that we would be in but not at any price or breaking our current wage structure to land him
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum