Who wants dippers to win their next game?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Who wants dippers to win their next game?

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:03 pm

i actually think the dippers are in a period of slow decline, and not just b/c of injuries. their front 3 are aging and not producing at the levels they used to. of course, hendo is still world class but otherwise their MF remains crap; was surprised they didnt strengthen in the summer window. im not sure who i want to win this match, tbh.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:16 pm

Blue Jam wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Dippers for me. They are always assholes anyway but this last week RAG fans have been coming right out of their box, unabashed by the football lesson we gave last week. Whoever let them get top of the league???

Us.
And others but not beating them wasn't great at all.

Better than losing.

Rags are where they are because they deserve to be. As one dimensional as they look they are effective, it's time teams started to box clever against them and stop playing into their hands.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Jam » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:14 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Dippers for me. They are always assholes anyway but this last week RAG fans have been coming right out of their box, unabashed by the football lesson we gave last week. Whoever let them get top of the league???

Us.

Better than losing.

Rags are where they are because they deserve to be. As one dimensional as they look they are effective, it's time teams started to box clever against them and stop playing into their hands.
true. People still laughing about rags and OSG but look where they are, mid January. They are a threat. Hopefully they won't keep their form up. I said that about Leicester once.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:33 pm

Deserve to be my absolute arse

Give us 999 pens and dodgy calls
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Blue Jam » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:45 pm

Nick wrote:Deserve to be my absolute arse

Your point is a fair one.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Nick wrote:Deserve to be my absolute arse

I’ll take the dodgy call, the pens? We would fuck up
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 pm

Despise both, even more so the dippers, well these days. Scum are not good enough to win it, will fall short eventually thanks to their shit manager, vermins injury crisis left them exposed, not sure they'll recover, inconsistent.

If we get Aguero fit and firing, with our solid defence, less brain farts, we could build a lead and leave them behind. We are picking points whilst not at our best, consistency is key.

A draw will serve us well,
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:35 am

Beat Palace fuck em both.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:24 am

Whilst I want them both to lose a draw with plenty of injuries would suit us best

We don't want either of them picking up the 3 points and getting any delusions of grandeur which that might bring. A draw will keep both of them within our sights
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby budfox » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:00 am

As I said earlier, a draw is the best result right now, but if I had to pick a team I would prefer to win it would be the rags. The table does lie, they really aren't all that, and I think they'll finish 3rd at best.

The dippers though, whilst not at their best, I see as far more of a threat.

Everyone is going to drop points though, yes even us. I think 80 points will be enough to win it.

And here is yet another reason why we hate this cunts and the media agenda: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55551804
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby salford city » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:16 am

budfox wrote:As I said earlier, a draw is the best result right now, but if I had to pick a team I would prefer to win it would be the rags. The table does lie, they really aren't all that, and I think they'll finish 3rd at best.

The dippers though, whilst not at their best, I see as far more of a threat.

Everyone is going to drop points though, yes even us. I think 80 points will be enough to win it.

And here is yet another reason why we hate this cunts and the media agenda: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55551804

I'm not the Beeb's biggest fan, but they always pull these up for such games just more click bait for the masses. Trouble is people respond and then it makes it worthwhile to them. If the fuck-wits stayed off responding, these combined teams votes would be redundant
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Beat Palace fuck em both.

Indeed. I am not going to watch it, not going to check the scores, couldn't give a fuck. What happens happens. I'll be sending up zeds until five minutes before kick off at City.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm

Blue Jam wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:

Us.

Better than losing.

true. People still laughing about rags and OSG but look where they are, mid January. They are a threat. Hopefully they won't keep their form up. I said that about Leicester once.

Exactly, we all said it about Leicester, very few if any at all believed they could keep it going.

Same with Liverpool last season, week after week we were waiting for them to crack, it didn't happen.

Foolish to rule Utd out of the title race or to suggest their position is false. They have accrued more points than anyone else since they signed Bruno, I hate saying it but it's the reality.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby budfox » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:19 pm

Blue Jam wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:

Us.

Better than losing.

Exactly, we all said it about Leicester, very few if any at all believed they could keep it going.

Same with Liverpool last season, week after week we were waiting for them to crack, it didn't happen.

Foolish to rule Utd out of the title race or to suggest their position is false. They have accrued more points than anyone else since they signed Bruno, I hate saying it but it's the reality.

True, but on Betfair they are 7/1 for the title, the dippers 7/2 and we are 8/11. Money talks and don't forget that the rags and dippers have to meet twice yet.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:41 pm

I think it’s a given that the rags have, let’s say a lot going for them in terms of decisions, media, pundit and Broadcasting support, make no mistake this sort of support is very influential and can affect how game are officiated. Clattenburg admits there was rag bias during his time, and who can forget that dipper player posting Howard Webb on the rag team photo shoot, rags have the force with them, just look at some of their games, Brighton away, penalty given after final whistle, Villa recently even rat boy said Pigba tripped himself before diving for pen, West Ham ball that far out of play it nearly hit Moyes before rags scored, bent has fuck, so don’t rule out the rags
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:09 pm

My feeling is what would be best for City. Putting aside the levels of hatred we have for each club, who are our most likely biggest challengers for the title. For my money the dippers are the more likely to last course and distance. They’ve done it before whereas the rags, for this team anyway, are in unchartered territory at the summit of the PL. Can the rags luck hold out for the remainder of the season? I suspect not.

A home defeat for the dippers following on from their recent patchy form will give them more doubt about their credentials and they will lose their air of invincibility. Of course, a rag win at the home of the dippers will likely galvanise them and give them more belief, but at heart, they are not a great side, and I truly believe they will fall by the wayside in the coming months.

So much as it pains me and goes against every fibre of my being, I shall hope the rags win.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stupot » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:My feeling is what would be best for City. Putting aside the levels of hatred we have for each club, who are our most likely biggest challengers for the title. For my money the dippers are the more likely to last course and distance. They’ve done it before whereas the rags, for this team anyway, are in unchartered territory at the summit of the PL. Can the rags luck hold out for the remainder of the season? I suspect not.

A home defeat for the dippers following on from their recent patchy form will give them more doubt about their credentials and they will lose their air of invincibility. Of course, a rag win at the home of the dippers will likely galvanise them and give them more belief, but at heart, they are not a great side, and I truly believe they will fall by the wayside in the coming months.

So much as it pains me and goes against every fibre of my being, I shall hope the rags win.

But we kept saying the same about the dippers the 1st half of last season. They'd never done it before, they'd fall by the wayside... etc.
A rag win would probably galvanise them big style so i hope they get beat and then they're up against an in form Fulham after which they could be 3rd then they've got the dippers again in the cup - lose that and it's a crisis there again as opposed to all this shit " can they do it" talk.
We're far better off beating the dippers in a 2 horse race.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:03 pm

A draw is the best outcome for us- both drop two points .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:25 pm

zuricity wrote:A draw is the best outcome for us- both drop two points .

This. Either 1 team drops 3 points, a total of 3 lost. Or both teams drop 2 points, a total of 4 lost. No brainer, imho.
Would prefer them both to lose, obviously!! But not even Sly could get away with pulling a stunt like that......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Crossie » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:38 pm

Scum aren’t going to win the league. This is about getting points ahead of Liverpool to really put pressure on them. They will crack, you can tell that squad has problems with personalities which are smoothed over by winning and success.

We’d catch scum, they’d bottle it and we still have to play them and if you think back 2 games, they were scared of us. They know we are way better and a relentless winning machine.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum