View from the Away End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Away End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:37 am

Another week goes by and I find myself strangely uninterested in the football this weekend. I hate this particular game; I am always scared that we are going to come away with injuries. It looks like the Clarets are feeling despondent as well. There are only a few comments to choose from today, and most of them are from their predictions thread. I think you will get the general idea though.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Lee Mason
Assistants: Richard West, Adrian Holmes
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Robert Jones
Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger

And the rest…

No David Silva...thank god…Phil Foden...eeekkkk…I just pray we dont get battered.

I’m hopeful of a better display than usual against them…Think we can keep it to 3 and not 5 this time. Man City 3 Burnley 0.

Unfortunately, City have a point to prove after their indifferent start…Already had a bet on 5 or more goals…3 - 2 to us would be acceptable.

Another defeat, just hope we put in a decent performance, and don’t add to our injury list.

We will score.

I hate playing City id dread to think what the aggregate score must be over the past 20 odd years! Witnessed so many drubbings against them both home and away.

Crumbs they were scoring 5 and 6 against us when THEY were crap!!

City haven't scored that many yet this season so someone is probably due a hammering. With Aguero to come back as well I'll go for the standard 5 nil.

Unless we change our formation and play 5 in midfield I'm afraid we will take another heavy beating.

I hope we go there with the attitude to hold out for a goalless draw…Defend. Defend. Defend. Defend. Defend. Defend. Defend…Another 6 goal rout we do not need.

Some things you can guarantee ----firstly, City will be awarded another dodgy penalty because some unfortunate Claret will be deemed to have stood on someone's foot, even though the original player was offside and the ball went out of play in one case or the fact that nobody from either side thought there was anything wrong etc., etc. ad nauseam…Of course you have to remember that VAR would sort out the decisions going against the smaller clubs -----how misguided can fans be?

Maybe Man City could loan us a couple of their subs to give them some game time. Sterling & Foden would probably fit in nicely.

Looks like Pope is out after the kick to the nut.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Away End

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Cheers CM

Pope out would be a bonus. Hope we continue our recent form form v the six fingered lot
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:11 pm

Interesting. Given our form at the moment its surprising for them to be expecting a hiding.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Lawro's going for 3-0, which is perfectly fine and probably more reasonable than the Burnley fans' predictions given our low scoring recently.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:07 pm

Perhaps if Burnley knew Gundogan/ Rodri and Mahrez were awaiting they might not be so negative oh I forgot Foden not in the squad hahahahaha
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum