The Hand of God RIP

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Hand of God RIP

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:33 pm

VAR have reviewed the 'hand of god' Maradonna incident and have awarded a penalty to Man Utd.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Outcast » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:10 pm

Best player off all time. He'd make Mendy look world beater, for that I rate him more than Messi.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:34 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:RIP, fantastic footballer but a cheat
can any 1 on here know which football club he could have gone to, but that club went with some1 else

I imagine it would have been whoever 'arry was managing at the time.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:37 pm

patrickblue wrote:
can any 1 on here know which football club he could have gone to, but that club went with some1 else

Think it was Sheffield united and they bought Alex Sabella instead. Schoolboy error it it’s true
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:19 pm

Dimples wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:No other footballer has ever delivered the hopes of a nation on his own as Maradona did in 86 and with Pele will influence the global impact of football ever.

+1
Took a shit team to the top of the world, almost single handedly, and then almost did it again next WC with a worse team. He was a flawed genius, but a genius nonetheless. RIP Diego.

And also did it with Napoli.

Unfortunately he was just before my time regularly watching football but I can think of another player who single-handledly took teams to such great success.

Never once saw him bad mouth, give out to or make a team mate feel inferior. On top of all the outrageous gifts he had he was all about the Team. It was never about him. Best ever IMO.

Lot's of ex team mates have said that mate , been watching some more of his games , on a different level , only him and Pele , nobody else comes close.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Gerrard, Salah have cheated under our noses for years, Kane. Cheats at every opportunity. Diego was different gravy.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:08 pm

For those of you who despise him for his “HOG”.....maybe he had good reason, just sayin :shock:
Last edited by Sparklehorse on Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:26 am

PaulieIrish wrote:VAR have reviewed the 'hand of god' Maradonna incident and have awarded a penalty to Man Utd.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:09 am

Sparklehorse wrote:For those of you who despise him for his “HOG”.....maybe he had good reason, just sayin :shock:

I tried and failed to upload a video of the match that shows that every time he touched the ball and England players would try and hack him down and they succeeded on several occasions, they were obviously acting on instructions instead of playing football.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:50 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:For those of you who despise him for his “HOG”.....maybe he had good reason, just sayin :shock:

I tried and failed to upload a video of the match that shows that every time he touched the ball and England players would try and hack him down and they succeeded on several occasions, they were obviously acting on instructions instead of playing football.

And everybody did. The back of his ankles were so knackered by the time he was about 27 he turned into a sort of touch player. Well we remember Terry Fenwick left on his arse, twice in the same move I think.

Of course this incident came not too long after the Falklands War when Britain and Argentina hated each other with a passion

Probably the most pertinent point came from those who pointed out how a great big lump like Shilton managed to get beaten in the air - hand or not - by a dwarf
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Think it was Sheffield united and they bought Alex Sabella instead. Schoolboy error it it’s true

Now Sabella has died aged 66. Was the Argentinian manager for the World Cup in 2014 when they lost to Germany
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum