*** Olympiakos V City official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Olympiakos V City official match thread ***

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Ha ha ha, I’m actually enjoying it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:47 pm

If we were in a tougher group we probably wouldn't have made it out of the group stage. This is abysmal.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:48 pm

Job done, but we were really poor.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby blues2win » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:50 pm

Job done. Qualified for last 16. Not sure whether we’ve clinched top spot yet. If we can rest a few for the last two games that would be great.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Apart from the actual scoring when we should have, that was a good performance considering the changes and who got some game time.

Basically, qualified and can now try getting our domestic form up to where it should be.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Job done but fuck me we should be getting six against crap like that, we need a fresh approach to things.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Apart from the actual scoring when we should have, that was a good performance considering the changes and who got some game time.

Basically, qualified and can now try getting our domestic form up to where it should be.

Have you ever seen a bad performance Beefy :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Four on the spin.
Clean sheet away from home
Through to the knockout stage with a couple of games to go

But we as a club have a hell of a lot of work to do if we want to go deep in this years competition
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:54 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Apart from the actual scoring when we should have, that was a good performance considering the changes and who got some game time.

I have a feeling his tv might not be working.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:57 pm

Mase wrote:

Piss funny and true ....Beefy would be happy with a card board box for Xmas mate...he would play with it for hours.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:57 pm

Lack of creativity and quality in and around the box is scarily bad. So far off a few years back. Something has to change.
Last edited by london blue 2 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:57 pm

Mase wrote:

Ohhhhh yessssss, been around too long. That wasn’t a bad performance, it was poor finishing. We’ve been absolutely spoilt over the last few seasons and haven’t hit our usual stride in front of goal. Their might be a bit of a mental block going on when we see the packed area but that goal of Foden’s reminds us, and the team, that it’s still there when we play a more natural game.

I’ve no reason to be disappointed tonight but if Blues want, everybody is different.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:59 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Lack of creativity and quality in and around the box is scarily bad. So far off a few years back. Something has to change.

22 attempts, 11 on target, that doesn’t sound like a lack of creativity, sounds more like crap finishing.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BrianF » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 pm

A slight lmprovement in the reduction of passbacks, but still woeful in front of goal. Maybe we going for the record of least goals scored in a season.
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby stupot » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Just read the thread after the game and seen Carl's usual shit. When did I say I wanted Foden sub, I said he wasn't the messiah you keep making him out to be. I said he was distinctly average against Iceland away and as ever Carl reads what he wants to and talks about the home game when he was MOM.

And for someone who says the Carabao is Mickey Mouse but then says he hates us losing a friendly but he couldn't care less about this match tonight. Unbelievable
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Tempo good, chance creation good, finishing woeful.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:09 pm

stupot wrote:Just read the thread after the game and seen Carl's usual shit. When did I say I wanted Foden sub, I said he wasn't the messiah you keep making him out to be. I said he was distinctly average against Iceland away and as ever Carl reads what he wants to and talks about the home game when he was MOM.

And for someone who says the Carabao is Mickey Mouse but then says he hates us losing a friendly but he couldn't care less about this match tonight. Unbelievable

No Dumb cunt..I never make out hes the messiah but PeP reckons hes the best talent hes ever coached......shall I repeat that again ?

I have said over and over and over that Foden should be a shoe in but there are always dumb cunts like you that think he just' blows hot and cold' which is not true at all , you just make that shit up as you go along.

He has had some average games and 1 shit game , if memory serves me right , but overall he impresses and pisses all over other certain players that are picked ahead of him and performances like tonight and the recent England game just make PeP look a fuckign tit for refusing to play him more.

You disagree and that's because your a dumb cunt...........

Excellent from Foden tonight against shit but there again Foden was excellent when he played against Real Madrid.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:12 pm

Job done with a bit of a mix and match team. Cancelo continues to gain confidence and good to see him on the right. Foden linked well with Mendy in the first half. Created a fair few chances again that went unconverted which will cost us when we progress but overall, no injuries, Fern back in the fold and Sergio to follow.
On to the six fingered fuckwits
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:14 pm

salford city wrote: Foden linked well with Mendy in the first half. Created a fair few chances again that went unconverted which will cost us when we progress but overall

Two perfectly weighted crosses...1 to JG who closed his eyes and missed and the other went to Dias who should have done better but he was probably surprised the ball managed to get to him and he fluffed it.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:Just read the thread after the game and seen Carl's usual shit. When did I say I wanted Foden sub, I said he wasn't the messiah you keep making him out to be. I said he was distinctly average against Iceland away and as ever Carl reads what he wants to and talks about the home game when he was MOM.

No Dumb cunt..I never make out hes the messiah but PeP reckons hes the best talent hes ever coached......shall I repeat that again ?

I have said over and over and over that Foden should be a shoe in but there are always dumb cunts like you that think he just' blows hot and cold' which is not true at all , you just make that shit up as you go along.

He has had some average games and 1 shit game , if memory serves me right , but overall he impresses and pisses all over other certain players that are picked ahead of him and performances like tonight and the recent England game just make PeP look a fuckign tit for refusing to play him more.

You disagree and that's because your a dumb cunt...........

Excellent from Foden tonight against shit but there again Foden was excellent when he played against Real Madrid.

You can't have a discussion without reverting to type can you. Foden had an 81% pass completion tonight, Mendy by the way was in the 90s.
What's being excellent against Real Madrid got to do with anything, didn't you say that was a shit league
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum