*** Olympiakos V City official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Olympiakos V City official match thread ***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:07 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Lack of creativity and quality in and around the box is scarily bad. So far off a few years back. Something has to change.

22 attempts, 11 on target, that doesn’t sound like a lack of creativity, sounds more like crap finishing.

Not having that. Minimum clear chances and a real lack of a decent final pass/shot.

Pop shots from shit angles don’t count as creativity for me.

We’re a million miles off where we were a couple of years back.

Really? Not having dat, laaaa ;-) What about Foden’s header. What about Cancelo who had either side of the net? Jesus, again, either side of the keeper? And more.

Surely getting into those positions is called creating chances, your choice though, mate, I see it differently.

We should've scored at least 3. That was more like our typical performances of seasons gone by without the finishing. I don't know what some people were watching.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:18 am

Average height of the city team last night must have been 5ft 1 Hobbit FC !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just realised that I was totally wrong in my thoughts on the game and have to agree with the majority that we are fucked. Our game has gone and with the players we have we are never going to make it back to the top. Mid table is now the reality and Pep, with his new 2.5 year contract, is now a busted flush.

There is nothing that I have seen that shows the defence is learning, the midfield will be anything other than mediocre, and that our forwards will regain anything that we had over the last few years.

Looks like we will all have to get used to the ‘Battle to survive’, hoping and praying for that 40 point mark being reached.

Drink it in, Blues, and dust off those banana’s, the rollercoaster ride is about to lose its track.

Sleep safe, guys, in the knowledge that we will still have the last decade to keep us warm in the future.

Haha Gerry Creaney is a free agent along with Barry Conlon. We’re gonna terrorise em!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Absolutely. Nothing to discuss here. Move along there now like good chaps.
105 premier league points as good as in the bag.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum