*** Olympiakos V City official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Olympiakos V City official match thread ***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:26 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:Just read the thread after the game and seen Carl's usual shit. When did I say I wanted Foden sub, I said he wasn't the messiah you keep making him out to be. I said he was distinctly average against Iceland away and as ever Carl reads what he wants to and talks about the home game when he was MOM.

And for someone who says the Carabao is Mickey Mouse but then says he hates us losing a friendly but he couldn't care less about this match tonight. Unbelievable

No Dumb cunt..I never make out hes the messiah but PeP reckons hes the best talent hes ever coached......shall I repeat that again ?

I have said over and over and over that Foden should be a shoe in but there are always dumb cunts like you that think he just' blows hot and cold' which is not true at all , you just make that shit up as you go along.

He has had some average games and 1 shit game , if memory serves me right , but overall he impresses and pisses all over other certain players that are picked ahead of him and performances like tonight and the recent England game just make PeP look a fuckign tit for refusing to play him more.

You disagree and that's because your a dumb cunt...........

Excellent from Foden tonight against shit but there again Foden was excellent when he played against Real Madrid.

You can't have a discussion without reverting to type can you. Foden had an 81% pass completion tonight, Mendy by the way was in the 90s.
What's being excellent against Real Madrid got to do with anything, didn't you say that was a shit league

To be honest ,I find it hard to have any discussion with a dumb cunt .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Tempo good, chance creation good, finishing woeful.

That’s how I seen it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Tempo good, chance creation good, finishing woeful.

That’s how I seen it.

Back4 decent, we just lack something between MF and the end product for me.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:Just read the thread after the game and seen Carl's usual shit. When did I say I wanted Foden sub, I said he wasn't the messiah you keep making him out to be. I said he was distinctly average against Iceland away and as ever Carl reads what he wants to and talks about the home game when he was MOM.

And for someone who says the Carabao is Mickey Mouse but then says he hates us losing a friendly but he couldn't care less about this match tonight. Unbelievable

No Dumb cunt..I never make out hes the messiah but PeP reckons hes the best talent hes ever coached......shall I repeat that again ?

I have said over and over and over that Foden should be a shoe in but there are always dumb cunts like you that think he just' blows hot and cold' which is not true at all , you just make that shit up as you go along.

He has had some average games and 1 shit game , if memory serves me right , but overall he impresses and pisses all over other certain players that are picked ahead of him and performances like tonight and the recent England game just make PeP look a fuckign tit for refusing to play him more.

You disagree and that's because your a dumb cunt...........

Excellent from Foden tonight against shit but there again Foden was excellent when he played against Real Madrid.

You can't have a discussion without reverting to type can you. Foden had an 81% pass completion tonight, Mendy by the way was in the 90s.
What's being excellent against Real Madrid got to do with anything, didn't you say that was a shit league

To be honest ,I find it hard to have any discussion with a dumb cunt .

Guess you don't talk to yourself then
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Apart from the actual scoring when we should have, that was a good performance considering the changes and who got some game time.

Basically, qualified and can now try getting our domestic form up to where it should be.

Have you ever seen a bad performance Beefy :lol:

Piss funny and true ....Beefy would be happy with a card board box for Xmas mate...he would play with it for hours.

Ha ha ha, when I was younger that would have been my new house ;-)

However, for the avoidance of any confusion. I actually enjoyed it considering the circumstances, and my TV is just fine.

No De Bruyne, Walker or Laporte on the pitch, Mendy getting a run out and a number of changes had me a little worried. What they brought though was a very controlled game with numerous chances to score, far better chances than we seen in the Spurs game. Gundogan actually looked like a player and even though Pep played the dreaded two (for many of our fans) in the midfield both him and Rodri had a decent game and, with the forward players, snuffed out most of their play in their own half.

Foden had a good game but faded in parts, even better, the superb goal. Probably Bernardo’s best game in quite a while. Mendy didn’t fuck up. Sterling was decent. Diaz is superb, Stones did very well. Cancelo, well, my MotM.

Then we have the return of Fern, another few minutes for Aguero and young Doyle got his first CL games.

As mentioned, the only disappointment was the actual conversion which, for some, Blues have always had a problem with. 22 shots and 11 on target says we are creating, it wa just the accuracy in front of goal that was the problem.

So, played well, failed to convert decent chances but won the game and qualified for the latter stages without some key players whilst getting a few of our old heads back on the pitch. What’s not to like.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:18 pm

gtf in
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:20 pm

zuricity wrote:gtf in

Lol, wrong thread, mate.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:37 pm

Cant read anything much into that game. Very little to be encouraged by. They were a very poor side and a top team on their game would stuff them good and proper.
Dont want to be negative but heading into a hectic period our form is very worrying.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Just realised that I was totally wrong in my thoughts on the game and have to agree with the majority that we are fucked. Our game has gone and with the players we have we are never going to make it back to the top. Mid table is now the reality and Pep, with his new 2.5 year contract, is now a busted flush.

There is nothing that I have seen that shows the defence is learning, the midfield will be anything other than mediocre, and that our forwards will regain anything that we had over the last few years.

Looks like we will all have to get used to the ‘Battle to survive’, hoping and praying for that 40 point mark being reached.

Drink it in, Blues, and dust off those banana’s, the rollercoaster ride is about to lose its track.

Sleep safe, guys, in the knowledge that we will still have the last decade to keep us warm in the future.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Lol, wrong thread, mate.

nope correct thread

Stops you all bitchin' with each other.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:27 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Lol, wrong thread, mate.

nope correct thread

Stops you all bitchin' with each other.

I ain’t bitching, mate, I’m just enjoying the win ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Boring no change from weekend they are just shit

Foden our best attacking players this season. That includes Kevin by the way..

Best at non direct set pieces too and runs thr most.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:28 pm

Nick wrote:Boring no change from weekend they are just shit

Foden our best attacking players this season. That includes Kevin by the way..

Best at non direct set pieces too and runs thr most.

Brilliant team goal but that fucking header!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:52 pm

I’ve just watched the highlights and I’ve got to say I don’t know what you’re all going on about.

Foden was actually shite. Doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near the first team. Goal was a tap in. Pep said he’s the shittest youngster he’s worked with and I believe Pep.

I thought we finished our chances really well. We looked absolutely class.

Rodri was like a rock yet again. Mendy came back in and fit right in like he’d never been away. Agree with our CFO - Mendy is fuckin class!!

Jesus brilliant yet again. Very unlucky tonight not to score, on another night could have had 14.5 goals.

They pressed us and attacked us at pace. Our defence was brilliant and coped with every attack. Ederson with some out of this world saves.

Just the desire was class to see from everyone, and that all stems from our manager who was just brilliant with his substitutions yet again.

I honestly don’t think we need anymore players in Jan or next summer either. Everyone is class. I think we’ll easily win the league this year, possibly the treble again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Lack of creativity and quality in and around the box is scarily bad. So far off a few years back. Something has to change.

22 attempts, 11 on target, that doesn’t sound like a lack of creativity, sounds more like crap finishing.

Not having that. Minimum clear chances and a real lack of a decent final pass/shot.

Pop shots from shit angles don’t count as creativity for me.

We’re a million miles off where we were a couple of years back.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:19 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Lack of creativity and quality in and around the box is scarily bad. So far off a few years back. Something has to change.

22 attempts, 11 on target, that doesn’t sound like a lack of creativity, sounds more like crap finishing.

Not having that. Minimum clear chances and a real lack of a decent final pass/shot.

Pop shots from shit angles don’t count as creativity for me.

We’re a million miles off where we were a couple of years back.

Really? Not having dat, laaaa ;-) What about Foden’s header. What about Cancelo who had either side of the net? Jesus, again, either side of the keeper? And more.

Surely getting into those positions is called creating chances, your choice though, mate, I see it differently.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:00 am

I thought we did reasonably well considering we had the double pivot duo, Mendy and the lack of a decent striker to contend with tonight.

Granted Olympiakos are near to as shite as it gets at this level we attacked well but yet again failed to find ways through. Cancelo was looking like our best chance of a goal at one point, Sergio looked lost when he came on.

Not firing at all in attack it’s frustrating. We’re pretty much a Shark with no teeth at the moment.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:18 am

Green & Blue wrote:Sergio looked lost when he came on.

I do worry he’s not interested anymore. New bird and seems to spend all his time playing online games.

On this occasion though it was probably more that he’d just found out his kids grandfather had died.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 am

Mase wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Sergio looked lost when he came on.

I do worry he’s not interested anymore. New bird and seems to spend all his time playing online games.

On this occasion though it was probably more that he’d just found out his kids grandfather had died.

A lot on his mind mate Dare I suggest, Whatever the relationship his ex and son have lost the most famous person from Argentina? It will be national mourning for days, a lot for them to deal with.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:06 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just realised that I was totally wrong in my thoughts on the game and have to agree with the majority that we are fucked. Our game has gone and with the players we have we are never going to make it back to the top. Mid table is now the reality and Pep, with his new 2.5 year contract, is now a busted flush.

There is nothing that I have seen that shows the defence is learning, the midfield will be anything other than mediocre, and that our forwards will regain anything that we had over the last few years.

Looks like we will all have to get used to the ‘Battle to survive’, hoping and praying for that 40 point mark being reached.

Drink it in, Blues, and dust off those banana’s, the rollercoaster ride is about to lose its track.

Sleep safe, guys, in the knowledge that we will still have the last decade to keep us warm in the future.

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum