The Body of Our Team

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Body of Our Team

Postby CBBT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 pm

Kompany was the spine, Yaya was the force and Silva the brain and Heart . We need current team members to step up to the mark and take the transplant . The one thing we need more is a new striker, world class to replace the unreplaceable!! Laporte can do the spine Foden can be the brain and Heart , Sane sadly was the force to replace Yaya ( score a goal when we needed one) Torres is shaping to do this but will need time. Pep staying is brilliant , don’t give a shit what anyone says and he knows he has to find a new formula and he is probably the only man around that can do this!! We need to be totally behind our team right now or else this could turn into something very very un-nerving for us. Keep the faith and believe, alll teams that have done what we have have to replace ageing players and that creates where we are now!! CTID.
YOU DON'T PICK CITY , CITY PICKS YOU AND WHEN IT HAS!! NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY THATS IT NO MORE NO SEASON TICKET IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY THE BLUE MIST THE ONLY TIME YOU STOP BEING BLUE IS WHEN YOU DIE!!
IF YOU ARE LUCKY IN YOUR ERA OF BEING BLUE YOU WILL SEE SUCESS IF NOT HEARTBREAK EITHER WAY YOU WILL BE BLUE. ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!

CITY TILL I DIE !!!
CBBT
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio!!

Re: The Body of Our Team

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:46 pm

We’ve still not replaced Kolarov. That’s the be all and end all of it imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:00 pm

CBBT wrote:Kompany was the spine, Yaya was the force and Silva the brain and Heart . We need current team members to step up to the mark and take the transplant . The one thing we need more is a new striker, world class to replace the unreplaceable!! Laporte can do the spine Foden can be the brain and Heart , Sane sadly was the force to replace Yaya ( score a goal when we needed one) Torres is shaping to do this but will need time. Pep staying is brilliant , don’t give a shit what anyone says and he knows he has to find a new formula and he is probably the only man around that can do this!! We need to be totally behind our team right now or else this could turn into something very very un-nerving for us. Keep the faith and believe, alll teams that have done what we have have to replace ageing players and that creates where we are now!! CTID.

I think its Dias rather than Laporte. I'm hoping both stay fit and we keep the back four stable. That said, Think we should be looking at a younger replacement for Walker - the kid at Norwich springs to mind if we have nothing coming through.
We HAVE to go balls out for a clinical striker
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Outcast » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:53 pm

You could bring Messi and Ronaldo in their prime and we'll still be average if the tactics and supply are shite. Again it's not the players, something fundimentally isn't right. Seriously, even at our worst form we shouldn't be mid table. That's not all down to the players ffs
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:55 pm

salford city wrote:
CBBT wrote:Kompany was the spine, Yaya was the force and Silva the brain and Heart . We need current team members to step up to the mark and take the transplant . The one thing we need more is a new striker, world class to replace the unreplaceable!! Laporte can do the spine Foden can be the brain and Heart , Sane sadly was the force to replace Yaya ( score a goal when we needed one) Torres is shaping to do this but will need time. Pep staying is brilliant , don’t give a shit what anyone says and he knows he has to find a new formula and he is probably the only man around that can do this!! We need to be totally behind our team right now or else this could turn into something very very un-nerving for us. Keep the faith and believe, alll teams that have done what we have have to replace ageing players and that creates where we are now!! CTID.

I think its Dias rather than Laporte. I'm hoping both stay fit and we keep the back four stable. That said, Think we should be looking at a younger replacement for Walker - the kid at Norwich springs to mind if we have nothing coming through.

I would go for Cancelo at right back long term and play Ake as left back. Ake can provide the strength and pace that Walker provides if we are caught in 3 at the back situation. Cancelo is better going forward than Walker. Certainly will be better attacking from the right than from left.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Anyone that starts Mahrez ahead of any player in the squad, needs a good slap around the ears.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:35 am

Clowncrete wrote:
salford city wrote:

I would go for Cancelo at right back long term and play Ake as left back. Ake can provide the strength and pace that Walker provides if we are caught in 3 at the back situation. Cancelo is better going forward than Walker. Certainly will be better attacking from the right than from left.

Be interesting to have Ake back and see if he is used on the left. I doubt Pep will do it but agree that Cancelo on the right and Ake on the left is worth looking at
salford city

Postby BrianF » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:25 pm

I think Ake is more than just a squad player. I would like to see him used as a defensive midfielder instead of Rodri/Gundo. He's intelligent, reads the game well and has some pace. We transformed Vinnie from midfield to one of the best defenders in world football why not Ake the other way round. Just a thought.
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby PeterParker » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:18 am

We are lacking leaders.
Exactly that.

Plus some players need a new challenge far away from here.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:44 pm

Will include both Gundo and Rodders this evening once more
salford city

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Pep married the academy with his stars at Barca when he took over, we need a freshen up. As said above some are not producing and need to be shipped out. How many like Stones, Bernado, Mahrez, are offering any more than we would get from bringing in a younger player or a few.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Pep married the academy with his stars at Barca when he took over, we need a freshen up. As said above some are not producing and need to be shipped out. How many like Stones, Bernado, Mahrez, are offering any more than we would get from bringing in a younger player or a few.

Im a fan of this and would have Doyle in there if we get a lead. The kids may lack experience but they have more fight them some mentioned in your post. Talented as well else they would not be on the fringes of the first yeam
salford city

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:07 pm

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Pep married the academy with his stars at Barca when he took over, we need a freshen up. As said above some are not producing and need to be shipped out. How many like Stones, Bernado, Mahrez, are offering any more than we would get from bringing in a younger player or a few.

Im a fan of this and would have Doyle in there if we get a lead. The kids may lack experience but they have more fight them some mentioned in your post. Talented as well else they would not be on the fringes of the first yeam

As the legends leave, we are not seeing the handover we expected. Spurs game we needed a player like Foden to get behind there MF and do what Kane did to us. Bernado should have the tools to get in that space and Diers head. We just set the tone they stayed in shape we ran out of ideas. We lack a lot of things Goals being the main issue but legs and energy are lacking. Bernado is either playing to get his form back or gone for me as he offers 0 as it stands Stones, making up the number, such a waste, Mahrez show him the touch line shite.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum