Mahrez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mahrez

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:17 pm

Clowncrete wrote:I don't think he can even play on the left like sane considering he is as slow as a slug and rarely makes runs beyond the lines.

It's obvious that the rest of the team doesn't trust him. Yesterday there was a passage of play where kdb got the ball and was running towards the goal while mahrez was clear and ready to receive the ball on the right. Kdb went for the shot instead.

I would gladly trade him for Messi in January.

I noticed that too yesterday, kdb should have rolled him but who can blame him for not?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Square peg in a round hole

The sooner we start to play players to their strengths and not shoehorn them into a system the better.
Mahrez is a good player but not while playing like he is being asked to do. Alas, he is not the only one either.

Squad player who starts too many games
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tru_Blu » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:38 am

still not worthy of a start over foden, just in case you thought 3 tap ins against weak ass opposition would change my mind.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby salford city » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:18 am

Tru_Blu wrote:still not worthy of a start over foden, just in case you thought 3 tap ins against weak ass opposition would change my mind.

Got to be there for the tap-ins though? Thought he took the second well even if the defence were asleep. I will never be his biggest fan, he doesn't do enough to merit playing over Foden. He is the definition of a luxury player in our team and i don't understand whyPep pursued him so keenly
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:13 am

I knew he’d read this thread and we’d get a reaction out of him :D

Seriously though we all know he can pull a good performance out of the bag against dross like Burnley he has that ability, but as I said in the op consistently he’s just not doing it and we can’t afford to have players only turning in a performance when they feel like it or against shite opposition.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I knew he’d read this thread and we’d get a reaction out of him :D

Seriously though we all know he can pull a good performance out of the bag against dross like Burnley he has that ability, but as I said in the op consistently he’s just not doing it and we can’t afford to have players only turning in a performance when they feel like it or against shite opposition.

Indeed, a few of the youngsters would have scored against Burnley - perhaps not a 5-0 drubbing, I was always brilliant against Henshaws School.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Gets a hatrick and Rinsed hahaha. City fans love em.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:11 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Gets a hatrick and Rinsed hahaha. City fans love em.

Hot and cold though isn’t he and like has been said many times , we don’t need his position .

We should sell him and buy a left back .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:20 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Gets a hatrick and Rinsed hahaha. City fans love em.

Fuck sake Hazy, absolutely no one has rinsed him. Facts are facts - he’s played well in a handful of games against crap teams. Give us just 5 games against top teams he’s smashed whilst playing for City.
Last edited by Mase on Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:29 pm

C’mon Mase what happened to the crack x
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:31 pm

[quote="Hazy2"]C’mon Mase what happened to the crack x
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ruralblue » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:57 pm

zuricity wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:I knew he’d read this thread and we’d get a reaction out of him :D

Indeed, a few of the youngsters would have scored against Burnley - perhaps not a 5-0 drubbing, I was always brilliant against Henshaws School.

Henshaws? School for the Blind?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:00 pm

ruralblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Henshaws? School for the Blind?

Yep , should've seen how i ripped through their Defence. It really was a work of art . Mind, the bell in the ball was louder than Helen's !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ruralblue » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:45 pm

Tea spat moment.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum