Things that Pep needs to sort out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Things that Pep needs to sort out

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Discuss
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Things that Pep needs to sort out

Postby Moses » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:Discuss

Needs to start listening to Brian Kidd and get some decent advice on management.
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:20 pm

Probably what to do with his extra 40 million pounds we are spunking into his account.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:24 pm

He needs to continue to convince Garcia to stay.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Everything
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Moses » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm

sheblue wrote:He needs to continue to convince Garcia to stay.

Yep that will solve everything
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 pm

Fern’s replacement
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:43 pm

Moses wrote:
sheblue wrote:He needs to continue to convince Garcia to stay.

Yep that will solve everything

Absolutely ;)
He should continue to apply himself to get the great Garcia to stay. We've gone to shit since he hasn't played.
Then he should ring messi. Get him to rock up, him and garcia to sort all our problems...

Dont worry about anything else, sure it's all fine and dandy.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 pm

He needs to get a leader who has the attitude of fuck the PL.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:50 am

Find a replacement for Fern. Rodri and Gundogan are not as good as him. Also, never play Rodri-Gundogan together.

Give Dias-Ake a run as a centre back pairing. If we’re honest with ourselves, Laporte isn’t as brilliant as we like to make him out to be. I’m not writing him off, but he should be benched for a few games.

Play Foden more. He might still be young but he has the creative skills and energy that we are lacking. Plus we apparently win 85% of matches he plays in.

They are just suggested personnel changes. But the biggest issues we have are regarding Pep’s tactical inflexibility. Other teams know exactly how we play. They know we will have 70% possession, not do anything with it and make one or two defensive mistakes allowing them to score. It’s predictable. As soon as Spurs went 1-0 up yesterday we all knew how it would turn out but Pep couldn’t see it.

And Pep needs to recognise when subs need to be made. He also can’t keep complaining about not having the option of making 5 subs when he doesn’t like using 3.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:32 am

Pray we can find a pass in the final third, and get a forward who does not need chances on a plate. Teams have beat us in the same way for 18 months. We are not ruthless at either end of the pitch, Pep is guilty of the same mistakes and so are the players. I would say Mahrez and Bernado have been shocking and yesterday we carried them until half time, how he failed to hook them or any of the MF or Laporte who was like a kid getting dragged into no mans land, how many hours of Kane in a 10 role have we watched is a huge issue with him. Son goal was a joke and on Pep for his arrogance. I trust him to sort it. Goals transform us.
Last edited by Hazy2 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:40 am

He hasn't replaced Arteta, few mentioned it in previous posts and it's starting to make sense. He used to work closely with players and attend to each individual. Wasn't there talk of replacing him with Alonso? I thought he'd fit the bill perfectly. Our recruitment in every department has been shambolic of late.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:56 am

We need another Marquee striker and world class midfielder. Get Nathan Ake fit , he is top drawer and has much needed leadership qualities. Sell Mahrez and Mendy .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:56 am

aaron bond wrote:Give Dias-Ake a run as a centre back pairing. If we’re honest with ourselves, Laporte isn’t as brilliant as we like to make him out to be. I’m not writing him off, but he should be benched for a few games.

I really agree with this.
I also think we are thinking Laporte is more than he actually is and him being fit last season wouldn't have made any big difference in our display.
His name is connected to our last three exists from UCL: 0-3 with the criminals when Pep used him on the left and Salami ripped him a new one, his brainfarts with Spurs in the second leg, plus him going down too easy with Lyon.

He is a good fella to have around, but no chance in hell he can be a leader on the back.

We need to replace three players: Kompany, Fern and Aguero.
Let's say we did a bit with Dias who looks Vinnie material, but the rest two are critical in our development.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:10 am

PeterParker wrote:
aaron bond wrote:Give Dias-Ake a run as a centre back pairing. If we’re honest with ourselves, Laporte isn’t as brilliant as we like to make him out to be. I’m not writing him off, but he should be benched for a few games.

I also think we are thinking Laporte is more than he actually is and him being fit last season wouldn't have made any big difference in our display.
His name is connected to our last three exists from UCL: 0-3 with the criminals when Pep used him on the left and Salami ripped him a new one, his brainfarts with Spurs in the second leg, plus him going down too easy with Lyon.

He is a good fella to have around, but no chance in hell he can be a leader on the back.

Let's say we did a bit with Dias who looks Vinnie material, but the rest two are critical in our development.

That’s basically bollocks . It’s all about our lack of firepower and cutting edge , the goals have dried up dramatically. We used to score goals with ease averaging 3 a game under pep , we are now on a minus goals difference in the PL the first time since 2002 that’s how bad the situation upfront is .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:25 am

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

That’s basically bollocks . It’s all about our lack of firepower and cutting edge , the goals have dried up dramatically. We used to score goals with ease averaging 3 a game under pep , we are now on a minus goals difference in the PL the first time since 2002 that’s how bad the situation upfront is .

What's bollocks? We were talking about Laporte, mate.
Agree with the rest.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Wooders » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:03 am

Move away from “possession at all costs“ football
1) we pass it around in midfield so much now everyone is able to get back and defend
2) when we do make a break through every player seems to want to pass rather than shoot, ending with fern/Rodri/Mahrez sending a balloon shot from a crap position

When we were centurions our biggest strength and goal threat was our counter attacking - I’m not sure why tinkering dickhead pep has removed it from our arsenal, especially as we always get caught on the counter ourselves, so it’s not even working defensively

Oh yes and get Ederson to play as a goalkeeper, not a sweeper will also help
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:27 am

We are wasting our fuckign time with baldie at the helm IMO - too many fans harp on about yesteryear's success and are too willing to give the manager a free pass for continually being SHITE for near on 2 seasons now.

If anyone really thinks this fuckign manager of ours will change his ways then your in for more shit results I'm afraid.

Foden didn't get a sniff and I'm telling you PeP thinks more of Mahrez than he does Foden.....more proof of that in his line up yesterday.(You will have the pep apologists for claiming a 20 year old is tired as he played 3 days ago ...........laughable beyond laughable )

Rodri is bang fuckign average and Laporte doesn't play for France because he makes errors like yesterday every other game he plays.

Baldie has to be the WORST tactician out of the worlds top 10 managers these last 18 months or so...hes fuckign last on the list IMO.......He cannot for the life of him make a tactical game changing sub.

I swear if this 'living off the past'' manager of ours mentions the 5 sub rule one more time he should be ridiculed for it in every sporting news outlet....fuckign ridiculous how he whines about this when he rarely makes more than 2 subs a game.

Worst position after 11 games since fuck knows when...............................He should be embarrassed agreeing a contract extension the way hes been managing us these last 11 games.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:55 am

He can sort out my basement if he likes , i've been putting it off for a couple of years now . Mind , he'll probably end up having everything packed around the bar.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We are wasting our fuckign time with baldie at the helm IMO - too many fans harp on about yesteryear's success and are too willing to give the manager a free pass for continually being SHITE for near on 2 seasons now.

If anyone really thinks this fuckign manager of ours will change his ways then your in for more shit results I'm afraid.

Foden didn't get a sniff and I'm telling you PeP thinks more of Mahrez than he does Foden.....more proof of that in his line up yesterday.(You will have the pep apologists for claiming a 20 year old is tired as he played 3 days ago ...........laughable beyond laughable )

Rodri is bang fuckign average and Laporte doesn't play for France because he makes errors like yesterday every other game he plays.

Baldie has to be the WORST tactician out of the worlds top 10 managers these last 18 months or so...hes fuckign last on the list IMO.......He cannot for the life of him make a tactical game changing sub.

I swear if this 'living off the past'' manager of ours mentions the 5 sub rule one more time he should be ridiculed for it in every sporting news outlet....fuckign ridiculous how he whines about this when he rarely makes more than 2 subs a game.

Worst position after 11 games since fuck knows when...............................He should be embarrassed agreeing a contract extension the way hes been managing us these last 11 games.

So you agree with me it isn't the players need addressing, granted one or two need moving on and dropping, however this current squad is more than good enough to be comfortably top two. I have no idea how we going to move forward with same shit served every week. Something got to change. I really want to back Pep, I just can't see how we going to get out of this mess without major changes.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum