Things that Pep needs to sort out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Things that Pep needs to sort out

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:37 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Lescott told BT Sport on Wednesday: 'Every time you watch Phil play, his sense of space and awareness is so unique. You can't coach it, he gets away from people so easily.

'He's a natural talent. He has a great energy that he brings to the team. He plays with so much energy and passion.

'Only Pep will know (why he's not getting in the Premier League team).
Creating moments like that will help. It does bode well for him that he's getting more minutes.

'He's becoming the go-to guy for City, like against West Ham when he came on and changed the game.'

The 20-year-old has failed to start in City's last league games and has played just 27 minutes of Premier League football since the end of October.

Banging the drum again Hazy..I'm banging the drum again...there again , so are respected ex players !!!

Disappointed he hasn't started the last few in the league but let's be fair he's started 8 from 14 so far this season, he's our 8th most used player overall.

I can't excuse starting Mahrez over him though, given form.

That line about how many minutes he has since the end of October is disingenuous, we played 2 games in that time because of international break.
Last edited by Foreverinbluedreams on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:42 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Lescott told BT Sport on Wednesday: 'Every time you watch Phil play, his sense of space and awareness is so unique. You can't coach it, he gets away from people so easily.

'He's a natural talent. He has a great energy that he brings to the team. He plays with so much energy and passion.

Creating moments like that will help. It does bode well for him that he's getting more minutes.

'He's becoming the go-to guy for City, like against West Ham when he came on and changed the game.'

The 20-year-old has failed to start in City's last league games and has played just 27 minutes of Premier League football since the end of October.

Banging the drum again Hazy..I'm banging the drum again...there again , so are respected ex players !!!

Disappointed he hasn't started the last few in the league but let's be fair he's started 8 from 15 so far this season, he's our 8th most used player overall.

That line about how many minutes he has since the end of October is disingenuous, we played 2 games in that time because of international break.

Lets just agree that Baldie is a prat for not playing him more and its cost us.

He needs to change his shitty line ups for us to improve and for that to happen he needs to drop under-performing players instead of rewarding them.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:44 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Disappointed he hasn't started the last few in the league but let's be fair he's started 8 from 15 so far this season, he's our 8th most used player overall.

He needs to change his shitty line ups for us to improve and for that to happen he needs to drop under-performing players instead of rewarding them.

Ok but let's also acknowledge that he has been pretty regular this season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:46 am

We’re cramming in games I think Pep might be planning the season end. We did it in the 100 point season, where we looked
Full of energy. Just a thought.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:48 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Ok but let's also acknowledge that he has been pretty regular this season.

No he fuckign hasn't been regular at all !!! Rodri has been fucking regular but Foden hasn't.

If you don't mind , I think Ill just agree with Julian Lescott's analysis.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:51 am

He's been our 8th most regular starter but ok.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:56 am

Hazy2 wrote:We’re cramming in games I think Pep might be planning the season end. We did it in the 100 point season, where we looked

Many teams above us has crammed in more games than us (In the prem ) and many teams have had to travel a lot further in the Europa than we did in the CL so that excuse is full of fuckign holes for starters.

You can make as many excuses as you like but at the end of the day its PeP fucking up just as much as the players are fuckign up - once baldie sorts his shit out then maybe we can turn this around.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:57 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:He's been our 8th most regular starter but ok.

Should be the 2nd...after the keeper.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:We’re cramming in games I think Pep might be planning the season end. We did it in the 100 point season, where we looked

Many teams above us has crammed in more games than us (In the prem ) and many teams have had to travel a lot further in the Europa than we did in the CL so that excuse is full of fuckign holes for starters.

You can make as many excuses as you like but at the end of the day its PeP fucking up just as much as the players are fuckign up - once baldie sorts his shit out then maybe we can turn this around.

Most other teams had a preseason, we didn't.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:16 am

I think the problem is when you look at the other seven that might be the reason we’re all pissed off. Who are they out of interest? Rodri, Ederson, Walker, Kev, Cancelo?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:29 am

Mase wrote:

I think the problem is when you look at the other seven that might be the reason we’re all pissed off. Who are they out of interest? Rodri, Ederson, Walker, Kev, Cancelo?

He argues for arguments sake Mase - even ex players are saying he doesn't play enough ...and then you have FIBD's analysis :roll:
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Name all the teams above us who had a pre season.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:50 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Name all the teams above us who had a pre season.

Every other team bar the rags because they were still playing late into the Summer in Europe too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

He argues for arguments sake Mase - even ex players are saying he doesn't play enough ...and then you have FIBD's analysis :roll:

I argue based on facts Carl, you should try it
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:53 am

Mase wrote:

Not Cancelo. Dias, Mahrez and Sterling added to the other 4.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 pm

If Foden is benched against Burnley I think I may combust
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

Another lie of yours
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

Another lie of yours

Eh? I've just laid out the facts above??? Is that you Donald?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Ex players and my fact that Foden doesn't play reliquary enough or the Micky mouse FIBD fact that he does ?

Which one is it Biden ??
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ex players and my fact that Foden doesn't play reliquary enough or the Micky mouse FIBD fact that he does ?

Which one is it Biden ??

The actual facts Carl, the ones that show how much he has played, them ones.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum