Ederson?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ederson?

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:28 pm

Is he the answer in goal?

I’ve got to say, I don’t think his positioning is great and his shots to saves ratio is poor. The distribution we have come to love has all but dried up and he is prone to more errors than a title winner should allow.

He now has a relatively settled back four in front of him so I’m hoping they gel and quickly. But he isn’t the shoo in he was two years ago and for my money needs to improve his game
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Ederson?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:Is he the answer in goal?

I’ve got to say, I don’t think his positioning is great and his shots to saves ratio is poor. The distribution we have come to love has all but dried up and he is prone to more errors than a title winner should allow.

He now has a relatively settled back four in front of him so I’m hoping they gel and quickly. But he isn’t the shoo in he was two years ago and for my money needs to improve his game

he is not the issue
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm

The thing is every cunt is playing wank week in week out
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm

He has been excellent but now seems a little too cocky, making the wrong decisions regularly. Reminds me of Bravo at the moment.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

he is not the issue

Title winners need the entire XI on their game.

He isn’t at the minute.

Though I wholeheartedly agree that the other end of the field needs more work on it currently. But that isn’t to say Big Ed gets a free pass when he isn’t performing at the levels he has set himself since he’s been here
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

he is not the issue

Title winners need the entire XI on their game.

He isn’t at the minute.

Though I wholeheartedly agree that the other end of the field needs more work on it currently. But that isn’t to say Big Ed gets a free pass when he isn’t performing at the levels he has set himself since he’s been here

Absolute nonsense, Isn't on his game . think about what you have written. Based on what ? Why don't you just accept for example, that the chance the spuds player had at the end , was really well taken ? which it was.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:12 pm

I think he is off for around a year now.
His penalty saving rate is terrible.
+
when every 1 of 2 chances a team has against us is a goal you start to wonder.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:27 pm

He is no different than any of the rest of them.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:21 am

We give up 1v1 two text book finishes. We cannot create clear cut chances.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:00 pm

Ederson is the best GK in the world with the ball at his feet and his range of passing is fantastic. His other GK attributes of positioning, shot stopping and reflexes are very average though. This is where Alisson is better as the overall keeper, decent with feet and very good all round ability in goal.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby salford city » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Ederson is the best GK in the world with the ball at his feet and his range of passing is fantastic. His other GK attributes of positioning, shot stopping and reflexes are very average though. This is where Alisson is better as the overall keeper, decent with feet and very good all round ability in goal.

Have always said the same about Ed. He is in the team primarily because he fits into Pep's sweeper keeper ideal. Cannot fault his distribution it is top drawer. Other areas of his game are not so good and would say that shot saving % is on a par if slightly higher than Bravo.
Agree with an earlier post in mitigation, the chances that we are continually giving up are 1 v 1 run-ins and thats hard on him.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm

Watch on youtube.com

Some basic saves on that, but also some great saves. He’s fuckin brave as well. He’s made some howlers but on the whole he’s a top keeper. Golden Glove Award last season as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:03 pm

I don't think anyone doubts his class but one thing PeP rarely does is drop players who are under-performing......actually he rewards them with more appearances until they make so many fuckign mistakes that it should be a sack able offense to keep playing them (Stones as an example) .

Ederson is just one example - he should have been ''rested'' and all the excuses in the world used to ensure he felt comfortable ''recharging'' his batteries and working on the weak areas in training before coming back in the team, stronger than before.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:12 pm

salford city wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Ederson is the best GK in the world with the ball at his feet and his range of passing is fantastic. His other GK attributes of positioning, shot stopping and reflexes are very average though. This is where Alisson is better as the overall keeper, decent with feet and very good all round ability in goal.

Have always said the same about Ed. He is in the team primarily because he fits into Pep's sweeper keeper ideal. Cannot fault his distribution it is top drawer. Other areas of his game are not so good and would say that shot saving % is on a par if slightly higher than Bravo.
Agree with an earlier post in mitigation, the chances that we are continually giving up are 1 v 1 run-ins and thats hard on him.

Nah mate, his save percentage pisses all over Bravo's at City. Ederson averages 71% in league games since he's been here, Bravo's was around 55%.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Arsenal game where his saves won us the three points and the Leeds game where he prevented a loss too.

Oh and Allison has a 73% save percentage in the Premier League, better but not significantly better.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby stupot » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
salford city wrote:

Nah mate, his save percentage pisses all over Bravo's at City. Ederson averages 71% in league games since he's been here, Bravo's was around 55%.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Arsenal game where his saves won us the three points and the Leeds game where he prevented a loss too.

Oh and Allison has a 73% save percentage in the Premier League, better but not significantly better.

Spot on. Everyone used to go on about Hart being a great shot stopper but down to his left he was shocking but what scared me most with him was at corners because he never came for the ball. Ed is great in that regard, really helps the defence out and like you say his save percentage is right up there.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Hes been no shittier than any of the rest of them, they all look like they are in end of season friendly game mode.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:10 pm

stupot wrote:
salford city wrote:

Spot on. Everyone used to go on about Hart being a great shot stopper but down to his left he was shocking but what scared me most with him was at corners because he never came for the ball. Ed is great in that regard, really helps the defence out and like you say his save percentage is right up there.

I know that you cannot lie re the figures however, I will disagree with regards to Ed. I have lost count of the times that the first shot in anger at him has gone through him. Call out games when he has pulled off saves and kept us in a game, but they are outweighed by the times he hasn't. I'm a fan of his but his shot saving is not what it should be albeit, he gets more clearer shots at him.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:19 pm

salford city wrote:
stupot wrote:
salford city wrote:

I know that you cannot lie re the figures however, I will disagree with regards to Ed. I have lost count of the times that the first shot in anger at him has gone through him. Call out games when he has pulled off saves and kept us in a game, but they are outweighed by the times he hasn't. I'm a fan of his but his shot saving is not what it should be albeit, he gets more clearer shots at him.

1v1 we give up on a regular basis 2 keepers would be in trouble. The teams that are patient know we will switch off, add that to us trying to walk it in at the other end we are going to get done by the better sides who execute better than we do. We’re not at it so until we start scoring and convert our possession getting caught out is on Pep and our under performing squad.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:39 am

Kept a clean sheet today !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City