We Are A Mid Table Team

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We Are A Mid Table Team

Postby Moses » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:57 pm

And that’s where we will finish. And we pay our manager £25 million a year for that privilege.
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: City

Re: We Are A Mid Table Team

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:03 pm

You’ll get a few, but just do me a favour and fuck off you gimp.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:04 pm

As much as Baldie annoys the flying fuck out of me, I think we are too easy on the players.

Ederson can't save a fucking ball and every time he is 10-12 meters out of his line, Laporte is very, very overrated, and, the thing that really annoys me because I want him to be, but KDB is not captain material. He is not a leader.
I cannot see him get a team talk in the dressing room like that cunt Van Dyke can.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:You’ll get a few, but just do me a favour and fuck off you gimp.

We are currently 10th mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Moses » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Jesus looks as effective as Robbie Fowler when he played for us, a decent low to mid table striker.
Moses

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:You’ll get a few, but just do me a favour and fuck off you gimp.

We are currently 10th mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can’t be doing with him, trolling while we’re hurting. Saddest cunt’s around.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Moses wrote:And that’s where we will finish. And we pay our manager £25 million a year for that privilege.

No way are we finishing mid table.

You honestly saying Everton, Villa, Wolves, West Ham and the like are going to be ahead of us after 38 games?

Get down the bookies and put your money where your mouth is. You’d never need work again with the odds you’d get for that.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Moses wrote:Jesus looks as effective as Robbie Fowler when he played for us, a decent low to mid table striker.

Now then , based on all the way the game actually played out and that most of the game was spent kicking the ball around in mid field or at the back. Apart from the stupidity of the thread title , i really , really am puzzled as to how you can come up with a comment about Jesus. Seriously, Mahrez, Tin tin, bernado, Cancelo proves he cannot cross the ball ( that's the fourth Left back we have tried this season so far ) - all well off the game today. How on earth can anyone have a go at the guy up front ??? We can't even get the ball to him .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:48 pm

At the moment we are and we have a fight on our hands to get top 4 now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:51 pm

sheblue wrote:At the moment we are and we have a fight on our hands to get top 4 now.

No we don't
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Moses » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Christ this interview.

A man devoid of any answers
Moses

Postby Moses » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:08 pm

Worst run in 13 years in terms of scoring goals
Moses

Postby city72 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:42 pm

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:At the moment we are and we have a fight on our hands to get top 4 now.

No we don't

Deluded you mate, defenders still shit, midfield too slow, attack not scoring and a keeper making shocking mistakes, think that’s champion form / top four form/ top half table form??
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 pm

zuricity wrote:

No we don't

With all due respect the way were playing now we will be lucky to get into top 4.
I hope I am wrong, and we will flick the switch and stroll it. But by fuck it's hard to see that happening.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:15 pm

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

No we don't

With all due respect the way were playing now we will be lucky to get into top 4.
I hope I am wrong, and we will flick the switch and stroll it. But by fuck it's hard to see that happening.

I respectfully disagree.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby s1ty m » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Top 4. Fucking ridiculous talk. They can't score goals, plain as day. As for this clown in nets, needs dropping immediately. Guardiola though, what a problem we have.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Well done, divisive troll.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 pm

I want to throw out some ideas I've had on plausible factors behind our struggles I'm not sure has been said:

1) Negative media coverage about the club across Europe and especially in the UK (not only though) for years in spite of incredible performances on the pitch might have sapped a lot of energy. When you're motivated to prove yourself, then do, and then still are received with "well but...state owned club, cheaters, human rights underminers, lawsuits, etc." in the context of coverage about Liverpool you can see how this may wear on ANYONE no matter how resolute and determined you are because you may start to doubt if you can convince regardless of performances.

2) This is then further undermined by the CL performances and the manner in which we have been kicked out of the competition. I believe for most of our players, winning CL is their primary goal. The PL matters, but we won it twice in a row and with the most points ever. Yes, you need to keep winning the league but traditional English football/culture other than what I gather are younger and less rigid fans, have not warmed to City's presence and performance (just look at the 5 sub issue as what I mean, even though Klopp wants it as well). This can affects the mentality of the players over time.

3) Of course, you can also juxtapose this with the fact that MANY City fans (especially long term Mancs based on my observation, and is not meant as a criticism) openly detest CL, accepting it as a means to an end. To believe this attitude doesn't rub off on the players is rather naive IMHO. The fans love the players, (well some) but don't love the competition players love. I don't remotely hear anything like this from any other PL club at the top level. They want trophies period and don't verbalise such animosity, no matter how understandable it is, towards the most well regarded competition globally.

4) The pandemic is making it so that Mourinho style football and those who use counter attacks and pace and top class finishers on the break will triumph over build up style and general straight out gegenpress because players worry about risking their careers. Liverpool are triumphant because they have a well oiled machine of the same players for years and what I think is much higher levels of belief than we possess now.

5) The Messi rumours, Pep off and Ramos rumopurs as well I wonder have alienated some who may feel less trust from the manager and doubts about their futures and potential playing time given this. Messi was 100% the choice over the summer and players like Bernardo and Mahrez must have surely known that meant we were happy to put them to the side. Should they know how to persevere? Sure, but add all I've said above to the story and maybe it's a bridge too far when all combined. And now here we are.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:40 pm

Lastly....

Has Pep also been to restrictive with instructions for certain players?

Without a box to box technically strong Fernandinho midfielder our style of play is too vulnerable it seems.

Rodri did well but he is not that type of player (he was actually pretty good overall yesterday).

Some of our fans appear to have forgotten we were getting hurt badly on headers / 2nd balls so Pep wanted a bigger player in the 6 who can also distribute and retain possession.

I don't know who this player is, bit a Kante, for example is NOT likely the answer if you are hoping.

maybe a Bentancur from Juve swap with Bernardo or Mahrez or something like that.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:Lastly....

Has Pep also been to restrictive with instructions for certain players?

Without a box to box technically strong Fernandinho midfielder our style of play is too vulnerable it seems.

Rodri did well but he is not that type of player (he was actually pretty good overall yesterday).

Some of our fans appear to have forgotten we were getting hurt badly on headers / 2nd balls so Pep wanted a bigger player in the 6 who can also distribute and retain possession.

I don't know who this player is, bit a Kante, for example is NOT likely the answer if you are hoping.

maybe a Bentancur from Juve swap with Bernardo or Mahrez or something like that.

Not disagreeing with your post, but I’d take getting hurt on headers but being better at everything else. This is like cutting your power, water and gas because one tap has a drip.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum