We Are A Mid Table Team

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We Are A Mid Table Team

Postby PrezIke » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Lastly....

Has Pep also been to restrictive with instructions for certain players?

Without a box to box technically strong Fernandinho midfielder our style of play is too vulnerable it seems.

Rodri did well but he is not that type of player (he was actually pretty good overall yesterday).

Some of our fans appear to have forgotten we were getting hurt badly on headers / 2nd balls so Pep wanted a bigger player in the 6 who can also distribute and retain possession.

I don't know who this player is, bit a Kante, for example is NOT likely the answer if you are hoping.

maybe a Bentancur from Juve swap with Bernardo or Mahrez or something like that.

Not disagreeing with your post, but I’d take getting hurt on headers but being better at everything else. This is like cutting your power, water and gas because one tap has a drip.

Right mate. Agree.

I think one could classify the decision to look for a larger sized no. 6 stemmed from our lack of strength and mistakes at centre half with Otamendi and Stones.

Rodri is, yes, Busquets-lite and trying to be that, but the truth is also the game has changed.

Look at Spurs yesterday. They have Ndombele as their no 6 now. Mourhino used much slower more positional no. 6's like Matic and Mikel. At RM he had Khadira. At United he went for Fred, used Fellani for similar reasons, although Fred was to be more of a Fernandinho type player. In Ndombele he gets more of that.

More pace and more technical ability to go along with the changes in the game. Last season Ndombele, we saw from the Amazon documentary that he struggled adapting. He is improving and actually WE PERHAPS SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM IF YOU ASK ME WHEN PEP WANTED JORGINHO.

Pep tried hard to bring technical football to England. It worked in ways but it's failings were also revealed. He and Txiki over-reacted to these struggles, hoping to address them, and now we are where we are.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Outcast » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:48 am

PrezIke wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Lastly....

Has Pep also been to restrictive with instructions for certain players?

Without a box to box technically strong Fernandinho midfielder our style of play is too vulnerable it seems.

Rodri did well but he is not that type of player (he was actually pretty good overall yesterday).

Some of our fans appear to have forgotten we were getting hurt badly on headers / 2nd balls so Pep wanted a bigger player in the 6 who can also distribute and retain possession.

I don't know who this player is, bit a Kante, for example is NOT likely the answer if you are hoping.

maybe a Bentancur from Juve swap with Bernardo or Mahrez or something like that.

Not disagreeing with your post, but I’d take getting hurt on headers but being better at everything else. This is like cutting your power, water and gas because one tap has a drip.

Right mate. Agree.

I think one could classify the decision to look for a larger sized no. 6 stemmed from our lack of strength and mistakes at centre half with Otamendi and Stones.

Rodri is, yes, Busquets-lite and trying to be that, but the truth is also the game has changed.

Look at Spurs yesterday. They have Ndombele as their no 6 now. Mourhino used much slower more positional no. 6's like Matic and Mikel. At RM he had Khadira. At United he went for Fred, used Fellani for similar reasons, although Fred was to be more of a Fernandinho type player. In Ndombele he gets more of that.

More pace and more technical ability to go along with the changes in the game. Last season Ndombele, we saw from the Amazon documentary that he struggled adapting. He is improving and actually WE PERHAPS SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM IF YOU ASK ME WHEN PEP WANTED JORGINHO.

Pep tried hard to bring technical football to England. It worked in ways but it's failings were also revealed. He and Txiki over-reacted to these struggles, hoping to address them, and now we are where we are.

I did say during transfer window we should go for
Aouar but everyone told me we're sorted in midfield. Second choice would be Ac Milan's Bennacer, he's a Fern mould type of player. I had a feeling we'll be left short in midfield, we are not short in talent just not the right balance.

As for Pep getting it wrong, that's on him, that's why we're paying him the big buck to get it right not hear excuses, maybe he should take a pay cut for his shortcomings
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Why do we have two articles on the website sucking off rodri, one being from gaz baz (who was twice the player(
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PrezIke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 pm

@Outcast

I like Aouar but I have a feeling he's going to Spain. If we bring in Messi I can see him being the other central midfielder to play with KDB. Issue with Messi is pace and work rate now (used to be high). I haven't watched a lot this season but he's dropped a bit, however, the whole team is in turmoil and transition.

They were dumb to hold onto him if you ask me. We're suffering from the speculation as well, I wonder.

Watch us sell Bernardo and him find the form he did with us 2 seasons ago.

I've been hearing about Bennacer. Should have watched more of the Milan game yesteday as what's great as that in the states we get almost all the leauges now and some big ones/competitions are on ESPN+ (Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, League Cup, Championship - I think all English leagues outside the PL).

I do see how Ibrahimavic is going wild and also is why it's hard to take it seriously at times. He would not do that in the PL I don't think., but he deserves credit for still doing it, I will say.

Maybe I'll throw the game on replay to see how Bennacer did. Good shout.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:32 pm

If we sign Grealish (Which we now hear Pep wants) that will be a massive improvement to our attack.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wooders » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:If we sign Grealish (Which we now hear Pep wants) that will be a massive improvement to our attack.

He will be deployed to pass sideways to Rodri or backwards to ederson, who will be about 30 foot off his line, if gundo isn’t fit
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum