The Trophy Dodgers v The treble Winners Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Trophy Dodgers v The treble Winners Match Thread

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 pm

BrianF wrote:We are broken and it is down to Pep. Kev showed his frustration when he tried to score direct from a corner. When the subs were eventually brought on played with desperation having so little time to change the game (no change in tactics though). Mahrez reminds me of a talented schoolboy who always plays for himself to be the hero but ends up being a liability 99% of the time. Players like Rodri who isn't a bad player but not very good at the job he is asked to do. In my opinion Pep isn't getting the best out of some very good players that we have

Bernardo for one looks a shadow of his former self at the minute. Sterling bob this season too so far
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:27 am

blues2win wrote:Mahrez gave the ball away to start Spurs on the way to their second goal.

Just watched a replay of the match and the way that Walker stopped and became a spectator was disgraceful. It was left to KDB to defend the left wing and he’s not fast enough. With his pace, Walker could’ve easily tracked back and at least tried to prevent the goal. While Pep made a lot of wrong decisions, not starting Foden being the big one, you can’t blame him for such poor decisions from his players.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Bluedj » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 am

I thought Walker was still playing for Spurs yesterday

He’s been excellent this season, but yesterday he was at his worst
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:48 am

Bluedj wrote:I thought Walker was still playing for Spurs yesterday

He’s been excellent this season, but yesterday he was at his worst

Walker has been excellent in maybe two games this season, the rest he's been garbage. Constantly in the wrong place, defending from the wrong side, can't cross the ball, misplaced passes. I keep hearing about his immense recovery pace but 9 out of 10 times it is his mistake he's having to recover. Honestly, if he was foreign and not English he'd be getting slated every week.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 am

I check in to this site to keep track a bit of how things are going because it's got to the point with VAR and our boring slow pace build up needing 30 shots to score that I haven't bothered to watch a single kick of the ball by any team this season.
It's become so boringly predictable that I can't be arsed to waste any time to do so. I used to love it to the point you would watch the game live then match of the day on a Saturday and the repeat on a Sunday morning.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:13 am

everyonehatesus wrote:I check in to this site to keep track a bit of how things are going because it's got to the point with VAR and our boring slow pace build up needing 30 shots to score that I haven't bothered to watch a single kick of the ball by any team this season.
It's become so boringly predictable that I can't be arsed to waste any time to do so. I used to love it to the point you would watch the game live then match of the day on a Saturday and the repeat on a Sunday morning.

We are horribly predictable. Same patterns each game:
- lots of possession, no end product
- opposition scores with their first attack
- Pep doesn’t make subs until late into the game
Etc.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:24 pm

The next 7 home games give us an incredible chance of accumulating some points it’s time for EVERYONE AT THE CLUB to get there fucking act together.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:29 pm

City64 wrote:The next 7 home games give us an incredible chance of accumulating some points it’s time for EVERYONE AT THE CLUB to get there fucking act together.
I think dropping Tin Tin and Mahrez for a while will improve us.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum