Peps new City deal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Peps new City deal

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:37 pm

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola was "not close at all" to leaving the Premier League club, says BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

City announced on Thursday that the Spaniard has signed a two-year contract extension through to 2023.

"The man is happy, he's enjoying himself, he's surrounded by friends," said Spanish football writer Balague.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:55 pm

I know some dont seem bothered, or maybe they pretend so, but I would absolutely love him to win the Champions league with us.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:01 pm

sheblue wrote:I know some dont seem bothered, or maybe they pretend so, but I would absolutely love him to win the Champions league with us.

The anti City brigade will always use this as stick to beat him with until he wins it, shame really but it’s just a glorified cup competition, the PL is harder to win.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:08 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
sheblue wrote:I know some dont seem bothered, or maybe they pretend so, but I would absolutely love him to win the Champions league with us.

The anti City brigade will always use this as stick to beat him with until he wins it, shame really but it’s just a glorified cup competition, the PL is harder to win.

The fact Spurs got to the final the other year and played a team they were 20+ points behind domestically shows how embarrassing the competition is.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

That's exactly why I would love him to win it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby aaron bond » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 am

It’s great to see him sign a new deal and stay much longer than he has at his previous clubs. If he did leave at the end of the season, anyone else we brought in would have been a step down.

However, it’s still clear that our standards have dropped off significantly from our peak and Pep has to take the blame for that. But we do have a squad more than good enough to win the league and he now needs to utilise it.

A 2-year deal does sound like it could mean Messi is on his way. It won’t be Messi at his best but he’ll still be better than the majority of players in the Premier League and could be the key to us finally winning the CL.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:34 am

Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

The fact Spurs got to the final the other year and played a team they were 20+ points behind domestically shows how embarrassing the competition is.

Since the CL has been opened up to league runners-up, etc., it's been won by teams who didn't win their domestic league the season before more often than teams that were actual champions, which shows how much of a joke the competition's title is.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby sheblue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Yes it's still a daft stupid competition, but I would still love for us to win it, only just to stick the two fingers up to the many hating bitter cunts.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:06 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Since the CL has been opened up to league runners-up, etc., it's been won by teams who didn't win their domestic league the season before more often than teams that were actual champions, which shows how much of a joke the competition's title is.

Yeah exactly. It should be Champions only.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:15 pm

Fucking clown ;-)

Good to see sorted one way or the other.

Can we confirm if Leo is in this contract?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:21 pm

aaron bond wrote:It’s great to see him sign a new deal and stay much longer than he has at his previous clubs. If he did leave at the end of the season, anyone else we brought in would have been a step down.

However, it’s still clear that our standards have dropped off significantly from our peak and Pep has to take the blame for that. But we do have a squad more than good enough to win the league and he now needs to utilise it.

A 2-year deal does sound like it could mean Messi is on his way. It won’t be Messi at his best but he’ll still be better than the majority of players in the Premier League and could be the key to us finally winning the CL.

Not according to Pep
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby city72 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Only unsackable manager in the history of football
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:23 pm

I could have sworn Baldie said he needs to deserve to be here to have another contract.

Well...your currently fuckign shit PeP and have been for nigh on 2 seasons now and you certainly do not deserve another contract IMO.

Id ask him that if I was the interviewer.....10th in the league..highest spenders...20 million pound manager....best squad in the world.

10th....and....we have scored 10 goals.........how do you feel about getting 40 million pounds more for 2 more years ?

......Lovely.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Shred it if you aren’t going to fight

What’s the betting we turn up next pointless Europe game
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby salford city » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Nick wrote:Shred it if you aren’t going to fight

What’s the betting we turn up next pointless Europe game

Which was why the bench was as it was today
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:53 pm

Wondering whether he has been granted a new deal as we want Messi and Pep is the best conduit for this

And what actually worries me the most is we don’t want Messi for his on field ability, but his ability to further our brand and bank balance off the field
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:Wondering whether he has been granted a new deal as we want Messi and Pep is the best conduit for this

And what actually worries me the most is we don’t want Messi for his on field ability, but his ability to further our brand and bank balance off the field

Put something in the match thread about the possibility of a clause in the new deal about winning the chumps league this year but more likely, as Leo will not be eligible to play for us in it this season, next season. I think the two are linked. Our owners are far from stupid and so I'm expecting something to be behind this deal of Pep's
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:08 pm

salford city wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wondering whether he has been granted a new deal as we want Messi and Pep is the best conduit for this

Put something in the match thread about the possibility of a clause in the new deal about winning the chumps league this year but more likely, as Leo will not be eligible to play for us in it this season, next season. I think the two are linked. Our owners are far from stupid and so I'm expecting something to be behind this deal of Pep's

pretty sure they binned that rule and you can now play for a team after a jan transfer...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:07 am

Did you notice that in the last couple of months he had a go, almost Bobby Manc style, at the media and the other managers?

First Klopp, now yesterday he said we won 19 in a row because we have so much money and can buy anyone we want :lol:

I love it, I think he finally gets it.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:Did you notice that in the last couple of months he had a go, almost Bobby Manc style, at the media and the other managers?

First Klopp, now yesterday he said we won 19 in a row because we have so much money and can buy anyone we want :lol:

I love it, I think he finally gets it.

I agree he gets it alright , He has seen the blatant bias against his players when it comes to awards / recognition, He has seen the other managers getting the smoke blown up their arse for not being a 10th of the manager he his , He has seen the racism against the finest owners in world football , But I will be happy when we start banning the media shites from the Etihad and the ( at the moment) virtual pressers
We have nothing to lose they write shit anyway
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum