***City v Arsenal Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City v Arsenal Official Match Thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:58 pm

I loved that, reminded me of the games against Wenger when We beat them the same score before going onto winning our first PL title. A proper game of chess where the victors came out of it due to the beater defence.

I was baffled by the set-up but it showed that Pep can be progressive, totally changing it to put Arteta on the back foot. It was needed as Arsenal were on a streak and I was doubtful before the match if Pep had bones with his usual tactics.

Love Bruno, Greta to see Bernie on the pitch, always liked Ake and I thought Rodri had his best game.

3 points, looking better at the back, Sergio on the pitch, it’s been a good weekend.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:58 pm

3 points and a clean sheet is a good result even if it was a boring, uneventful match.
But the lack of creativity in this side without KDB is worrying
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:09 pm

sheblue wrote:I know some will moan about not winning 45 - 0, but that WAS a very good win, we are and will continue to improve as games go by.

Take that all day long.

Was a real tactical battle. Similar to when we've played Liverpool after they guzumped us a few times.

Tried similarly with Lyon but our defence is already appearing better than it was then since Dias and Ake have joined.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:12 pm

Gary Fucking Neville is a TWAT. His setting up of ifs and possibly are cringe worthy rag fucker who is spewing when is prayers for a loss are not answered p.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:3 points and a clean sheet is a good result even if it was a boring, uneventful match.
But the lack of creativity in this side without KDB is worrying

I hear you, yet I would say Arsenal defended very well. We tried hard to penetrate and it was not easy given our concerns over their counterattack.

I think we have a lot of players who have not played together much or at all.

Sterling was a real catalyst for creativity and is underrated in this regard because of his other qualities.

Foden may have not been brilliant but that first touch that led to his shot and then Raz's goal was massive.

Bernardo had a good game too and Cancelo was almost a midfielder and overall was good too.

Next summer I can see us going for another creative midfielder. Gundo's assists last season fell off the map. He needs that more this season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Gary Fucking Neville is a TWAT. His setting up of ifs and possibly are cringe worthy rag fucker who is spewing when is prayers for a loss are not answered p.

Even worse for me is that they have comms with VAR and it actually seems that he’s trying to influence things.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:36 pm

The only team they haven’t scored against this season are the Dippers in the LC, which they went on to win on penalty’s.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Gary Fucking Neville is a TWAT. His setting up of ifs and possibly are cringe worthy rag fucker who is spewing when is prayers for a loss are not answered p.

Even worse for me is that they have comms with VAR and it actually seems that he’s trying to influence things.

Walker eyes on the ball on Hakf time that’s a pen. It’s wrong .
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:09 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Walker eyes on the ball on Hakf time that’s a pen. It’s wrong .

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that, Walker got the ball as the oppo knocked it down and got a shot away. It’s there in print, the player didn’t get hit and got a shot, do we give fouls for scaring another player?

WTF is this ‘Whoooaaaaaaaa’ that comes for any opposition team, not just ours, where him and Carragher want some form of retribution, even though they were happy with it in their day? What is noticeable is how VAR takes notice when the broadcasters have something to say, as the penalty decision tonight, which still leads me to think that the game is being manipulated.

Pay the piper, as they say.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 pm

Love Bernie central
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:43 pm

Missed first 30 mins due to daylight savings here, but I’d say that was just what was needed. We’ve been shit against poor opposition this year and arse are better than they have been in a while. I’ll take a run of boring wins until we are firing again.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Missed first 30 mins due to daylight savings here, but I’d say that was just what was needed. We’ve been shit against poor opposition this year and arse are better than they have been in a while. I’ll take a run of boring wins until we are firing again.

Spot in PBL, spot on...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Missed first 30 mins due to daylight savings here, but I’d say that was just what was needed. We’ve been shit against poor opposition this year and arse are better than they have been in a while. I’ll take a run of boring wins until we are firing again.

Spot in PBL, spot on...

Isn't it just. I am very happy with how solid we looked, especially in the second half when a good Arsenal forward line never got near, and the boys created enough to win the match. A European-away-leg--type of performance. If we can add this steel to our armoury on a regular basis, we' ll be a much better side for it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 am

PeterParker wrote:Van Cunt out, criminals winner overrun by Var, City winning - Perfect Saturday.

:D :D
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:03 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Spot in PBL, spot on...

Isn't it just. I am very happy with how solid we looked, especially in the second half when a good Arsenal forward line never got near, and the boys created enough to win the match. A European-away-leg--type of performance. If we can add this steel to our armoury on a regular basis, we' ll be a much better side for it.

A very Mancini performance.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:18 am

Agenda today set by Chuckle. The penalty was not given, SLY running the highlights with No pen why? Sergio assaulting the lino. Fucking joke, coverage from Cartel TV.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Outcast » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:Agenda today set by Chuckle. The penalty was not given, SLY running the highlights with No pen why? Sergio assaulting the lino. Fucking joke, coverage from Cartel TV.

What's with the media going into meltdown over Aguero touching that female lineswoman? Fek me the snowflakes having a field day. Just to be clear that's not assault, well at least in my opinion, maybe inappropriate act. Never a sending off
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:14 am

Outcast wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Agenda today set by Chuckle. The penalty was not given, SLY running the highlights with No pen why? Sergio assaulting the lino. Fucking joke, coverage from Cartel TV.

What's with the media going into meltdown over Aguero touching that female lineswoman? Fek me the snowflakes having a field day. Just to be clear that's not assault, well at least in my opinion, maybe inappropriate act. Never a sending off

They're sexist bastards, happens quite frequently that a player puts their hand on an official, making out that it's somehow inappropriate if that official is female is sexist.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:57 am

Outcast wrote:

I don’t even think there’s anything inappropriate about it at all. A hand on the shoulder?!!

Maybe the next series of Luther there can be a character based on Aguero that goes round putting his hand on women’s shoulders. How fuckin scary is that?! The thought of it. Women hiding in fear - when will the hand on the shoulder man strike again?!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:17 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

I don’t even think there’s anything inappropriate about it at all. A hand on the shoulder?!!

Maybe the next series of Luther there can be a character based on Aguero that goes round putting his hand on women’s shoulders. How fuckin scary is that?! The thought of it. Women hiding in fear - when will the hand on the shoulder man strike again?!!

It’s Chuckle the little shit. Setting it up, floating it seeing if it gains traction. Fucking disagrace, same with Bernie and Mendy last season. Inappropriate at best. Neville is a tricky Cunt.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum