Guardiola Should Be Given To Xmas

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Guardiola Should Be Given To Xmas

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:21 pm

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:How can he go from playing flawless performances in the league 2017 to 2019, and then go to complete dog shit making stupid errors and repeating those errors time and time again. It's like we have a totally different person now. I also believe he wont be our manager next season.

Easy, VAR

Nope not buying that. VAR dont pick the team or formulate tactics.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Time to walk away - your tactics are shit and your starting 11 is worse .
Wank teams can beat you and every team can play against your tactics - you spent 400 million on the defense and shit loads everywhere else and we still play like this !

2 good seasons out of 3 and the way this one is going it will be out of 4 with many many embarrassments along the way .

I’d ditch him now - we have not seen any evidence that he is improving the way we play .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Moses » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Time to walk away - your tactics are shit and your starting 11 is worse .
Wank teams can beat you and every team can play against your tactics - you spent 400 million on the defense and shit loads everywhere else and we still play like this !

2 good seasons out of 3 and the way this one is going it will be out of 4 with many many embarrassments along the way .

I’d ditch him now - we have not seen any evidence that he is improving the way we play .

At the moment Big Sam would be an upgrade. And it’s two good seasons out of 4. This is his fifth season.
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it

I’ll be gutted if he goes - and I’m someone that doesn’t particularly like the guy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:10 pm

Moses wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Time to walk away - your tactics are shit and your starting 11 is worse .

At the moment Big Sam would be an upgrade. And it’s two good seasons out of 4. This is his fifth season.

Hale and Pace Hahahahahahahahaha
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:40 am

So who was supposed be the starting 11 today?

Better question: do yo complain about the starting 11 every time we drop points? grass is always greener with you huh? Last season you always clamored for Foden to start. Well he started today and had no impact.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Outcast » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:58 am

Saul Goodman wrote:

Better question: do yo complain about the starting 11 every time we drop points? grass is always greener with you huh? Last season you always clamored for Foden to start. Well he started today and had no impact.

That's for him to figure it out, he's on 20m a year, not us, he's getting the big buck for a reason.
Are you telling me what he had at his disposal yesterday isn't good enough to beat Leeds? Granted Leeds are playing really well and probably will pick points from top tier teams.
Are you ok with our point tally thus far? Are you confident we'll challenge for title this season? I accept bad form, dropping points, hiccups, I just can't see us improving, that's my issue.
Does he need to spend another 500m to beat plucky teams?
I still maintain he's a great manager, I just feel he's lost his desire, his contractual situation is not helping neither.
I hope I'm wrong, I hope this is a hiccup, I hope he can galvanise the team and make a charge. I don't feel confident beating any of the so called top 6 on current form (sigh)
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:57 pm

I have a lot of respect for you Carl.

You say it how it is.Regardless of the shit you get.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Outcast wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

That's for him to figure it out, he's on 20m a year, not us, he's getting the big buck for a reason.
{quote]

I wrote the EXACT same line yesterday in response to SG and then I thought ..fuck it..delete and don't bother replying to the a question that piss easy to respond to.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moses » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:07 pm

Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:19 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:

I have a lot of respect for you Carl.

You say it how it is.Regardless of the shit you get.

I think I am one of the very few on this site that will hold his hands up when I'm proven wrong - others crawl away into the darkness.

I never liked PG for all the reasons I have given in the past but I always want our manager to succeed and to prove me wrong when I'm slagging them off- PeP is not succeeding and I feel too many fans are hanging onto the past and are now allowing him all the time in the world to get it right , but the reality is there for all to see , - he lost 9 games last year and we finished the league an embarrassing 18 points behind the dippers - shocking IMO , shocking as we were also embarrassed many times last season by teams who had squads worth 1% of what ours cost - the Munchens beat us numerous times!!!..he would never have survived Barcelona if RM had fucked them 3 times in one season and lost the league by 18 points ,,that's for sure and now this season we are dishing up the same shite again.

Why does he play Mendy ? why does he rely on Sterling (The worst player in football for one on ones with the keeper) up front ? why does he not play players in their normal position anymore ? Why can he not protect a 1 nil lead against a defensive minded team and shut up shop ?

Ill tell you why - because hes an arrogant cunt who thinks his way is the only way to play football and I half think he does it to get the plaudits later for putting a round peg in a square fuckign hole where we won and it worked out....that's what i think.

I have seen no evidence that he will change, so yes, I hope he walks away and soon.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:20 pm

Moses wrote:

Actually it is four good seasons, We won the PL title in two of them and broke many, many records on the way, What are you expecting 38 wins in the PL and all trophies ? does that make a good season.

City play good , clean , attractive attacking football.

Leeds played very well yesterday but as in last weeks game the opposition was gifted a goal.

I think you have been spoilt since our owner took over the club.

As of the return from 'near football' in two weeks, let's hope the injury list shortens as we hit the two games a weak situation until Xmas.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:25 pm

I think we are likely to get a few more spankings this season.

We literally capitulated against Leicester

We got lucky against Wolves,and Leeds deserved to win..

We saw Pep mindset yesterday playing for a point against a newly promoted side.

God help us when we play the bigger sides.

I have not felt like this in the last few years.But now i do.Every attack you expect any half decent team to score against us.

Looking at our up coming fixtures.If we dont drastically improve in all areas i could actually see him gone before the end of November.

Next up Arsenal on the 14th at home.,followed by 2 away games at West Ham,Sheffield United.followed by Liverpool at home,and Tottenham away.

Will be interesting to see how we come through that.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm

zuricity wrote:
Moses wrote:

Actually it is four good seasons, We won the PL title in two of them and broke many, many records on the way, What are you expecting 38 wins in the PL and all trophies ? does that make a good season.

Leeds played very well yesterday but as in last weeks game the opposition was gifted a goal.

As of the return from 'near football' in two weeks, let's hope the injury list shortens as we hit the two games a weak situation until Xmas.

Pellegrini broke records as well mate - at the end of the day , it means fuckall.

Mancini and Pellegrini won 2 Premiers before PeP arrived on the scene and signed some excellent players...we won all the domestic cups and we played in a CL semi final.

Those are the facts.

Yesterdays game was great only for the neutral ,,,,,,,,,that's it. We missed shocking chances to win a game we should have won....facts again.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Moses wrote:

Pellegrini broke records as well mate - at the end of the day , it means fuckall.

Mancini and Pellegrini won 2 Premiers before PeP arrived on the scene and signed some excellent players...we won all the domestic cups and we played in a CL semi final.

Those are the facts.

Yesterdays game was great only for the neutral ,,,,,,,,,that's it. We missed shocking chances to win a game we should have won....facts again.

Indeed we have been a very, very ,very successful club since the take over.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:36 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Moses wrote:

Those are the facts.

Indeed we have been a very, very ,very successful club since the take over.

The owners are everything to us fans - the manager is just a temporary part in the machine that gets changed for a new one now and again.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:56 pm

We have had a great few years of success beyond our wildest dreams.No denying that.

Let us be honest though,the rot started setting in last season.

Culminating in that shit show against Lyon.Where if i didn't know any better would say Pep deliberately sabotaged us.That team selection was beyond criminal.

The common denominator with all our success are Roberto Mancnii signings.

Not Pellegrini signings,or Pep signings,Roberto Mancini signings were our beating Heart.

As these players have gone our decline has progressed.

It is not a coincidence.It is a fact.

Now we are 100% dependent on our useless DOF,who was brought in to source and replace players with like for like players.

No more dinning out on Roberto Mancini signings

Right now we look a million miles away from where we should be.

We have bought mediocre players for extortionate amounts. Rodri a prime example.

I think once Pep has gone Tixi can go with him.For leaving us in a right mess.

Next manager is going to have to do a lot of wheeling and dealing to off load Rodri,Gudogan,Torress etc.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:18 pm

Carl, who is Pep supposed to be playing at center forward right now if not Sterling? Delap? No chance.

Was Pep not supposed to move Fernandinho back to CB last season over Stones and Otamendi who both suck?

I loathe Mendy as well but who is he supposed to play at LB right now? Even if Cancelo and Zinchenko werent injured theyre both terrible LBs. plus that would be playing both out of position and you dont like that.

Is it Pep's fault Ederson poorly cleared a relatively simple corner yesterday?
Is it Pep's fault that three different defenders defended lazily and gave away cheap pens to Leicester?

I know that "the buck stops" with the manager as he is the one in charge but he cannot be blamed for players making mistakes on the pitch. Sure he could respond by not playing them (like Stones) but then who is left to play LB and RB?

Ive said it before, I am not saying Pep should stay but some of the blame he gets on here is utterly ridiculous and a lot of it is stuff he has no control over. Also, be careful what you wish for. Dont fall into the trap of thinking City are so good that they can replace Pep and get better/maintain this level of success. There are virtually no managers out there better than him and you run the risk of becoming a perennial 3rd place/4th place club if you get rid of Pep
Last edited by Saul Goodman on Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:19 pm

Regardless of the crap signings, the squad as a collective are not achieving the sum of the parts, this has not been helped by pep’s constant tinkering with the team, and playing players out of position. The defence needs to be a solid unit, to achieve this you do not require the best players in the world in each position. I have said many time, defenders need to know each other’s strengths and weaknesses, you do that by playing the right players week in week out under direction of the coach’s instructions.
A clear example of this is Sheffield United, can you name their back 4/5 think about it, thought not, but they have a solid back line who rarely fuck up.
Sterling for example should be on the right, the best we have seen of wingers was Sane on left and Stirling on the right, but we have to have Mahrez Whois a good player, but not suited to our style, constantly slowing down attacks, also having to cut in on the left.
All this criticism really points in one direction, that of the manager, something needs to happen and soon, we have been below our level for sometime now, that shambles v Lyon was the final straw for me.
So come on Pep, fucking wise up and catch yourself on as they say round here, there is enough talent in that squad to challenge the dippers.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum