Went to Paris instead of Welcome to Messi Manchester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:
salford city wrote:
City64 wrote:The media source in Barcelona that broke the news that Messi was leaving Barca saying his dad and agent Jorge has arrived in Manchester this evening????

Get to that Catalan place in town, they'll be having a scran there - fuck greggs

I know that place. Heard the owner likes to win things in football.

David Moyes owns a restaurant? :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:
salford city wrote:
City64 wrote:The media source in Barcelona that broke the news that Messi was leaving Barca saying his dad and agent Jorge has arrived in Manchester this evening????

Get to that Catalan place in town, they'll be having a scran there - fuck greggs

I know that place. Heard the owner likes to win things in football.

Just called and asked to speak to señor messi. Was told he was eating empanada atún and was not to be disturbed. Make of that what you will......
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:40 pm

salford city wrote:

El Rincon , i know it well . Very well ! 8-) :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:50 pm

City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:

They're all at Tast Catala on King Street. Tixi is drawing on napkins
salford city

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:55 pm

salford city wrote:
City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:

Noughts and crosses or just adding zeros ?
Might pop over for a Cruz Campo ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:07 pm

City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:
City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:

Noughts and crosses or just adding zeros ?
Might pop over for a Cruz Campo ! :lol:

Will be Estrella dam in the Catalan place. Messi's dad has just took the napkin off Tixi and quoted Pele's line from escape to victory - you give Leo the ball, he does this and this and this - Gol.....
salford city

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:20 pm

Why are Inter even being mentioned?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby trueblue64 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:20 pm

Manchester City are in the strongest position to sign Lionel Messi – if the Argentina star can get out of Barcelona this summer.

Sky Sports News has been told that both Messi and City boss Pep Guardiola want to renew their partnership at the Etihad - putting the Premier League runners-up in a commanding lead over other suitors.

All the latest analysis on Lionel Messi's future
Insight: Messi's contract situation explained
How would Messi do in the Premier League?
Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan are both said to be preparing offers in an attempt to persuade him away from a reunion with Guardiola and a rendezvous with friend Sergio Aguero.

Neymar, with whom Messi struck up a strong friendship during their time together at the Nou Camp, has even asked the PSG hierarchy to sign the 33-year-old, although the club are said to be wary of potential implications on Financial Fair Play.

It remains uncertain that Messi can get out of his Barcelona contract, which still has one year left to run, in the current transfer window, having submitted a written transfer request on Monday.

He wants the club to honour a clause that allows him to leave for free within 10 days of the Champions League final, which technically expired on June 10 after the original fixture was scheduled for May 30, but was delayed until August 23 because of coronavirus.

Barcelona have responded to his request; telling Messi they do not agree the clause is active and the only way he can leave is if he pays the £626m (€700m) minimum fee release clause.

Barcelona fans were protesting against the board with the tension bubbling over in Catalonia on Wednesday evening
Manchester City are not commenting on Messi's future - and Sky Sports News had been told they were wary of an ongoing powerplay at Barca, which has seen both head coach Quique Setien and sporting director Eric Abidal sacked, president Josep Bartomeu's future in serious doubt, and protests from supporters.

But Sky Sports News has been told that, in no uncertain terms, Messi's transfer request is not a bluff - he is serious about leaving the club at which he has spent his entire career to date.

Insight: City are Messi's preference
Sky Sports News' Gary Cotterill in Barcelona:

It's very clear that Lionel Messi is still determined to leave Barcelona and it's clearer now about where he wants to head.

Sky Sports News reporter Gary Cotterill reports from the Catalan capital on the whereabouts of Lionel Messi and what next for the Argentine
Manchester City are the only club on the table as far as Messi is concerned.

Guardiola wants Messi, and Messi wants Guardiola. They both want to go on and win a Champions League. Messi has had plenty of those, of course, but wants to win yet another. That's his priority. Manchester City want to win their first.

It's not about money, even though money is a factor. It's about ambition and Messi believes Manchester City are best placed to fulfil that ambition. It's obviously going to cost money, his wages are phenomenal, and I still don't think Manchester City will get Messi out of Barcelona without some kind of fee.

This is Lionel Messi, in his head and his heart, wanting to leave. And it seems, wanting to go to Manchester City.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:38 pm

trueblue64 wrote:Manchester City are in the strongest position to sign Lionel Messi – if the Argentina star can get out of Barcelona this summer.

Sky Sports News has been told that both Messi and City boss Pep Guardiola want to renew their partnership at the Etihad - putting the Premier League runners-up in a commanding lead over other suitors.

All the latest analysis on Lionel Messi's future
Insight: Messi's contract situation explained
How would Messi do in the Premier League?
Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan are both said to be preparing offers in an attempt to persuade him away from a reunion with Guardiola and a rendezvous with friend Sergio Aguero.

Neymar, with whom Messi struck up a strong friendship during their time together at the Nou Camp, has even asked the PSG hierarchy to sign the 33-year-old, although the club are said to be wary of potential implications on Financial Fair Play.

It remains uncertain that Messi can get out of his Barcelona contract, which still has one year left to run, in the current transfer window, having submitted a written transfer request on Monday.

He wants the club to honour a clause that allows him to leave for free within 10 days of the Champions League final, which technically expired on June 10 after the original fixture was scheduled for May 30, but was delayed until August 23 because of coronavirus.

Barcelona have responded to his request; telling Messi they do not agree the clause is active and the only way he can leave is if he pays the £626m (€700m) minimum fee release clause.

Barcelona fans were protesting against the board with the tension bubbling over in Catalonia on Wednesday evening
Manchester City are not commenting on Messi's future - and Sky Sports News had been told they were wary of an ongoing powerplay at Barca, which has seen both head coach Quique Setien and sporting director Eric Abidal sacked, president Josep Bartomeu's future in serious doubt, and protests from supporters.

But Sky Sports News has been told that, in no uncertain terms, Messi's transfer request is not a bluff - he is serious about leaving the club at which he has spent his entire career to date.

Insight: City are Messi's preference
Sky Sports News' Gary Cotterill in Barcelona:

It's very clear that Lionel Messi is still determined to leave Barcelona and it's clearer now about where he wants to head.

Sky Sports News reporter Gary Cotterill reports from the Catalan capital on the whereabouts of Lionel Messi and what next for the Argentine
Manchester City are the only club on the table as far as Messi is concerned.

Guardiola wants Messi, and Messi wants Guardiola. They both want to go on and win a Champions League. Messi has had plenty of those, of course, but wants to win yet another. That's his priority. Manchester City want to win their first.

It's not about money, even though money is a factor. It's about ambition and Messi believes Manchester City are best placed to fulfil that ambition. It's obviously going to cost money, his wages are phenomenal, and I still don't think Manchester City will get Messi out of Barcelona without some kind of fee.

This is Lionel Messi, in his head and his heart, wanting to leave. And it seems, wanting to go to Manchester City.

TikTok Bob on twitter tweeted the same thing last night , fuck sky sports trying to be relevant! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:07 pm

Ok Cheesy has entered the ring for the first time . This man gets the heads up first on everything City . Cheesy is saying the only thing holding up the process of Messi joining city is Barca holding out on him leaving for free . That clause was due to expire at the end of June but ALL players contracts were extended until the end of August due to covid . Barca it seems haven’t got a leg to stand on .
This from the Maine man makes the most sense for me .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Messi wants to play 'happy' football - so we'd better get some cheerful mates for him :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 pm

We need to hear from the main guy that’s said he wants Messi to end his career with Barca - Pep. What’s he got to say now I wonder.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:18 pm

Mase wrote:We need to hear from the main guy that’s said he wants Messi to end his career with Barca - Pep. What’s he got to say now I wonder.

wonder if he knew something about this and was throwing journos off the scent?
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby branny » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:53 pm

A couple of so called tabloids reporting £89.5 million plus Garcia, Jesus and Bernardo. Mad.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:54 pm

What a signing it would be, sticking 2 fingers up to the Cartel and Nasty 9.

What’s not to like?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What a signing it would be, sticking 2 fingers up to the Cartel and Nasty 9.

What’s not to like?

If it happens the red shirts will be beside themselves, I love the smell of boiling piss in the morning :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:34 pm

london blue 2 wrote:If he rocks up to the swamp playing a piano I’m gonna be a little disappointed.

I laughed harder than I should have at this.

Just cannot allow myself to get excited about this, even though it has more traction than every other time it’s come up.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:30 am

Only a fool would exchange any players from this squad for Little Lionel.

A small amount of cash for a 33 year old ( transfer fee) or walk away .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:19 am

zuricity wrote:Only a fool would exchange any players from this squad for Little Lionel.

A small amount of cash for a 33 year old ( transfer fee) or walk away .

The talk of letting B Silva or even Jesus go the other way is very worrying.

An aging and failing Messi can come on a free for a season or maby two, as long as we dont lose anyone important and we secure the transfer targets that the squad actually needs.

Anything more and i am not arsed.
He is not 23.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:52 am

So many bitter fans around. I can’t understand why they wouldn’t want to see Messi in the league, playing every week.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum