Next Season Build up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next Season Build up

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:50 pm

patrickblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Pep in Barcelona, says here he will have to self isolate on his return, I thought the club had arrangements that ensured players and officials were tested on return, am i right?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... elona.html

Thought elite sportsman and women were exempt? And they get tested twice a week so the 14 day thing doesn't count?

Mail probably just making it up as they go along!

The fucking governments are making it up as they go along mate.

Nothing's changed then!

I put an 'S' on that as its the same fuckign 'make it up as we go along' bollocks in many countries.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Football without fans is shit and I have not enjoyed any of it.

How exactly is the tv viewing experience different without fans?

Sometimes I think your just on a wind up mate .

No im actually curious. Aside from looking at empty seats on the tv how is watching football on tv now any different?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:47 pm

City64 wrote:Normal service for the armchairs, absolute shambolic state of affairs for SC holders and match going fans alike . Totally underwhelming tbh , prob be new year before I attend a home game .

We have to accept that this is what we have got, Sky and BT taking their opportunity. I’ve been a ‘Harmchair’ for many years due to living away and it comes at a cost. I’d pay anything to get my fix, seeing the guys celebrating a goal, it’s just the way it is.

Being there is what we want, seeing it sometimes has to suffice.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:50 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Football without fans is shit and I have not enjoyed any of it.

How exactly is the tv viewing experience different without fans?

Sometimes I think your just on a wind up mate .

No im actually curious. Aside from looking at empty seats on the tv how is watching football on tv now any different?

Just for you.

'You can’t fake atmosphere and I wish the sports broadcasters wouldn’t bother trying to. I know they want to make the armchair fan feel it is a more “real” TV experience, but it only cements the weirdness, and the unreality.The silence is awful. The fake fan noise worse. We should not try to pretend it is normal, for if we do, there is a risk we think this kind of football experience is OK, when it’s not......its slightly depressing.TV is what provides the big bucks and the last few games of the season would have been watched around the world. But I would be amazed if viewing figures are not dropping everywhere. That has consequences.'

Pretty much sums it up for me.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:56 am

I see. Fair enough. I don't mind though. Its still 22 players playing to win over 90 minutes.
The noise from the fans does nothing for me when viewing from home. The added noise is nice so it doesnt sound like an empty church
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:13 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I see. Fair enough. I don't mind though. Its still 22 players playing to win over 90 minutes.
The noise from the fans does nothing for me when viewing from home. The added noise is nice so it doesnt sound like an empty church

I went for a trial once ( In South Africa ) for a team called Leeds United who were playing a friendly with cape town spurs (I think it was ) in Durban back in the late 80,s.

There were around 6000 supporters and I played really well as it’s the first time I ever played in front of more than 1000 fans which was what we got now and again whenever we played in our own league ( Port Shepston in the south coast ) , and was actually was offered to come to more training sessions to see if they would sign me on.

My point is this - Having fans at games cheering you on makes you up your own game , it’s a fact .

So as much as it does nothing for you , fans or no fans , it affects most arm chair fans around the world and 100% affects the players which overall makes the game shit to watch .

I’d hazard a guess - most arm chair fans feel the same way.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:33 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I see. Fair enough. I don't mind though. Its still 22 players playing to win over 90 minutes.

I went for a trial once ( In South Africa ) for a team called Leeds United who were playing a friendly with cape town spurs (I think it was ) in Durban back in the late 80,s.

There were around 6000 supporters and I played really well as it’s the first time I ever played in front of more than 1000 fans which was what we got now and again whenever we played in our own league ( Port Shepston in the south coast ) , and was actually was offered to come to more training sessions to see if they would sign me on.

My point is this - Having fans at games cheering you on makes you up your own game , it’s a fact .

So as much as it does nothing for you , fans or no fans , it affects most arm chair fans around the world and 100% affects the players which overall makes the game shit to watch .

Bang on mate. Yeah I’ve got to watch from home 99% of the time. Optus sports here has the option for prem games of fake crowd or not. I turned it off. The champs league it wasn’t an option and I hated it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:25 am

Blue Jam wrote:The lack of engagement in this thread would appear to suggest that there's a lot of apathy.

what is this thread about?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:57 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:The lack of engagement in this thread would appear to suggest that there's a lot of apathy.

what is this thread about?

Furniture. Particularly armchairs.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:47 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yes, all players say the fans help, and it is quite clear in the ground when pressure is building, the players do well, the crowd gets excited, the players respond and the result changes. I think of a game at home against Stoke when we were in the real 3rd division. In the first half, we were poor. The players came out after half time and got stuck in, the crowd sensed it and got behind them, the players responded and Stoke couldn't cope. We won that game and went on a long run that saw us promoted via the Wembley play-off. That game wouldn't have been televised, but it's just one example of where the crowd affects the quality of 'the product' that people see on TV.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:56 am

It’s clear that Liverpool are better when playing in front of their own fans.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:13 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote: I think of a game at home against Stoke when we were in the real 3rd division. In the first half, we were poor. The players came out after half time and got stuck in, the crowd sensed it and got behind them, the players responded and Stoke couldn't cope. We won that game and went on a long run that saw us promoted via the Wembley play-off. That game wouldn't have been televised, but it's just one example of where the crowd affects the quality of 'the product' that people see on TV.

This 100%. One of my favourite ever games as a Blue. The whole ground was phenomenal that day, even the Maine Stand zombies put a shift in.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby salford city » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:51 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote: I think of a game at home against Stoke when we were in the real 3rd division. In the first half, we were poor. The players came out after half time and got stuck in, the crowd sensed it and got behind them, the players responded and Stoke couldn't cope. We won that game and went on a long run that saw us promoted via the Wembley play-off. That game wouldn't have been televised, but it's just one example of where the crowd affects the quality of 'the product' that people see on TV.

This 100%. One of my favourite ever games as a Blue. The whole ground was phenomenal that day, even the Maine Stand zombies put a shift in.

Agreed. Cannot remember whether Taylor was already on or that he came on as a sub and scored and we won 2-1. That was the catalyst for the run to the end of the season and one of the best examples of the crowd making a difference in a positive way....
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Plenty of negative influence from the crowd dating back to the "Swales out" era.

Plus Paul Power and Richard Edghill.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:08 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Plenty of negative influence from the crowd dating back to the "Swales out" era.

Plus Paul Power and Richard Edghill.

Goater got torn to shreds when he first came. Kolarov offered out the front row of the East Stand a few times.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:09 pm

You only have to look at Sterling to see how a crowd can effect a player.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Mase wrote:You only have to look at Sterling to see how a crowd can effect a player.

That one person who was at the match when he missed from 5 centre meters is Classed as a crowd ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:You only have to look at Sterling to see how a crowd can effect a player.

That one person who was at the match when he missed from 5 centre meters is Classed as a crowd ?

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Mase wrote:It’s clear that Liverpool are better when playing in front of their own neanderthals.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:54 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:It’s clear that Liverpool are better when playing in front of their own neanderthals.

Stop being cruel to neanderthals :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum